[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why is modern EDM so awful?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: photo.jpg (93KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
photo.jpg
93KB, 900x900px
why is modern EDM so awful?
>>
>the majority of /mu/ completely ignore 95% of the last 30 years of electronic based music

Sad really
>>
>>74661444
Except hip hop is the most popular genre today

>inb4 some retarded says it's not made with electronic instruments
>>
>>74661467
>electronic instruments
>>
>>74661467
>instruments
>>
>>74661472
>>74661484
>turntables, samplers, drum machines, etc

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electronic_musical_instrument
>>
>>74661495
>"""music instruments"""
>>
>>74661495
electronic music implies that the instrumentation is the focus, but in hip hop the focus is on the lyrics and rythm
>>
>>74661444
Go to bed, Ben UFO
>>
>>74661467
Most music is digitally made nowadays
>>
>>74661525
>jungle, grime, vocal trance and lots of house are no longer electronic music

It implies nothing of the sort and there are hundreds of instrumental and turntablism albums too.
>>
>>74661547
Most music is shit nowadays.
>>
>>74661563
It's always been like that, now you just have an easy access to any shit that is out there.
>>
>>74661444
>>74661467
>>74661472
>>74661484
>>74661495

just popped in but people in 80s did awesome with very basic 8/12bit bit drum machines sequencers samplers and early multi operator fm and wavetable synths and it all sounded amazing

i think it just social breakdown and everyone wanting to go it alone instead just buying an instrument the cost of a car, hacking away at it, joining up with some other people and have it recorded by a fulll time pro in a studio with a tape machine and board and sends each the cost of a house

tldr bedroom warriors and lowered cost of entry lowered the bar of said music... $0.02
>>
>>74661609
We're 80s producers also not bedroom producers?
>>
>>74661740

they certainly weren't sampling in the bedroom unless you were a peter gabriel or thomas dolby

dont even get me started on mastering... that involved a blood sacrifice back then
>>
File: chart.jpg (123KB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
chart.jpg
123KB, 1500x1000px
>EDMâ„¢

Why do Americans act like docile cattle?
>>
>>74661884
>no dubtechno
shit list
>>
Why do you all act like its impossible to enjoy simple, if repetitive, music? Theres nothing wrong with appreciating something basic for what it is.
>>
>>74661884

because the best elecronic has always been made by the brits

also i cite that graph often... my god i miss melodic breaks
>>
>>74661954
What are you talking about? The majority of what I listen to consists of bleeps.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.