[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How hard is it to learn to play piano?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: liszt_boesendorfer_fluegel.jpg (57KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
liszt_boesendorfer_fluegel.jpg
57KB, 500x375px
How hard is it to learn to play piano?
>>
Guitar translates pretty well if I just stay away from the black keys.
>>
Fucker, you need to practice.

You too good for father time?

Die you cunt.
>>
>>74655267
It's not so bad as long as you are diligent and have a teacher
>>
If you want to learn the piano playing you will have less hassle with the keys than with your most inner self. To fully indulge and to maintain a strict practice routine can be one of the most challenging tasks. Other than that piano is an easy instrument.
>>
depends how good do you want to be. if you want to play pop tracks its trivially easy.
>>
>>74655267
I learned piano on a shitty little yamaha keyboard, if you have full access to a piano you should take an intro class just to learn all the basics then just have fun with improvisation
>>
>>74655267
http://www.pianopractice.org/book.pdf
>>
Pain in the ass. Tons of room for error because you're trying to control 10 fingers without fucking up so if you slightly hit one wrong note with one finger it can throw off a song. Great instrument though, best imo for songwriting and when you learn to play it you automatically start to understand music theory more.
>>
>>74655293
Ahahahahaha this nigga right here

As for OP, it depends on what you mean, really. I've been playing classically for 14 years and i'm only just now starting to be prepared for the real shit. I imagine jazz piano is the same.

But anyone can learn to sit at a piano and play Billy Joel or Adele.

Don't "stay away from the black keys" unless you only want to play in C major though lol jesus christ
>>
>>74655849
ever heard this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4V_uaxBVOw

self-taught, 4 years of practice at the time of this recording

bizarre talent
>>
>>74655893
Yep, there's always anomalies in the form of these little bastards. The trick is not to compare yourself to prepubescent asians. I'm a good player in the eyes of the west but these nerds are on another level lol
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.