[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is /mu/ still afraid of pop punk/emo pop? I noticed in a Brand

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: C2-Sz3aXUAEdGmi.jpg (96KB, 1078x1070px) Image search: [Google]
C2-Sz3aXUAEdGmi.jpg
96KB, 1078x1070px
Is /mu/ still afraid of pop punk/emo pop? I noticed in a Brand New thread the other day that almost no one on this fucking board likes Your Favorite Weapon, when it's a fucking phenomenal album. And the thing is, it was this way when I used to come to this place for music recs back in 2009/2010. Is it just that pop punk is associated with plebs so none of you can like it? Anyone that feels that liking pop punk (which is a genre with a lot of great music) is hurting their indie cred is a pathetic fucking person. Honestly, if you tailor your music taste to being approved in circles like /mu/ you're a complete faggot. Just thought you should know. I would say you'll grow out of it, but it's probably the same people from back then if I had to guess.
>>
Brand New has always been popular here so I'm not sure what you mean lol
>>
>>74648828
Holy shit you are the most insecure person I have ever seen on this board, so fucking pathetic
>>
>>74648861
Only a tiny minority likes YFW, which along with Deja Entendu is the only truly pop punk albums they've done.

And really it's odd that Deja Entendu gets much love, since it's emo as fuck.
>>
>>74648894
I'm pretty sure that the ones that are deathly afraid of admitting they like certain music, or at least admitting that they're poor critics, are the insecure ones. I love a lot of music that would be considered shit here just because of the style it's in.
>>
>>74648973
Stop projecting your insecurity into others, if they like it they just don't, stop trying to justify other's tastes, get a fucking life
>>
I like pop punk and post a lot about it. you can't expect it to be as popular as other stuff discussed here though and just ignore the hate comments
>>
>>74648828
>Is /mu/ still afraid of pop punk/emo pop?
We never were it's just that those genres have always sucked.
>I noticed in a Brand New thread the other day that almost no one on this fucking board likes Your Favorite Weapon, when it's a fucking phenomenal album.
'Wahh nobody likes my favorite album that sucks!,' fuck off. We hate it because it's awful.
>And the thing is, it was this way when I used to come to this place for music recs back in 2009/2010.
You weren't welcome then you aren't now. Stop being a little bitch about it.
>Is it just that pop punk is associated with plebs so none of you can like it? Anyone that feels that liking pop punk (which is a genre with a lot of great music) is hurting their indie cred is a pathetic fucking person.
Yes we were all waiting on you to tell us why we should like or dislike things. Thank you, glorious saviour of /mu/
>Honestly, if you tailor your music taste to being approved in circles like /mu/ you're a complete faggot.
NO FUCKING SHIT
>Just thought you should know. I would say you'll grow out of it, but it's probably the same people from back then if I had to guess.
You sound really torn up that people might not like things that you like. My suggestion is not being a little bitch faglord about stuff and fuck off.
>>
Pop punk can be some of the most fun music you'll ever come over, but a lot of it is bad. Even the fun stuff can be pretty bad too. I'll admit I kinda have a soft spot for early Green Day, and I think people would respect them here if they ended before/right after American Idiot
>>
>>74648828
It's a shit album. I like some pop punk but Your Favorite Weapon is trash. People have differing opinions, shocker.
>>
I mostly dig 00s emo pop. Cork Tree, Stay Who You Are, JEW & Brand New in general, Is a Real Boy, and 3 Cheers for Sweet Revenge are classic. Blink-core is hit or miss, I kinda like NFG but the bands they influenced this decade annoy me. Also fuck the broader "alt rock" of the time like Breaking Benjamin.
>>
folie a deux isnt that good lol
listen to take this to your grave or from under the cork tree for patrician fall out boy
>>
i like some pop punk. but majority of it is legit trash.
>>
>>74648894
kys
>>
>>74649066
kys faggot
>>
File: stopped.jpg (23KB, 250x269px) Image search: [Google]
stopped.jpg
23KB, 250x269px
>>74649199
>We
>>
>>74649697
Folie is their best
>>
>>74650029
nah only the first half of the album is good
>>
>>74649996
>>74650011
>kys
kys
>>
Pop punk is bottom of the barrel garbage, and your are autistic for even tolerating it
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.