[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you guys ever upload music on Youtube for normies?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: 81wQ03XrS1L._SL1500_.jpg (365KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
81wQ03XrS1L._SL1500_.jpg
365KB, 1500x1500px
I just bought pic related. Helmut Walcha is by far the greatest Bach harpsichordist to ever record. He's slightly lesser well known than many Bach pianists and people like Gustav Leonhardt.

Do you all think it's worth uploading since I now have his collected harpsichord works or nah? Will I get sued?
>>
Sure, upload it, someone will appreciate it. No you won't get sued, just a takedown notice
>>
Walcha is a genius. Very engaging, far more so than other Bach interpreters. How he's not considered the greatest is beyond me. He almost has a rock music aesthetic. This is a prime example. The way he slams the keys feels like some early Genesis keyboard solo

https://youtu.be/rTZ4n73oNO0?list=PLWBVVW3twekinKcmyoTrocXW6LDVDs5bZ

Please upload that CD, OP. I might buy it myself, but more people need exposure to Walcha regardless.
>>
that ammer cembalo has a unique sound

do it
>>
Helmut Walcha, was stricken with blindness at age 16. He has the distinction of having memorized the complete keyboard works of Bach and many others without any aids - meaning he had a more complete knowledge of Bach than any human, including perhaps Bach himself.

Walcha was blind, and his knowledge of the inner polyphony of Bach's works appears almost in `black and white'. Indeed, I often find that Walcha's playing reminds me of a water crystal: perfect, but almost non existing. You get an incomparable sense of structure, polyphony is perfect (Walcha's toucher was unique, and his registrations often involve sharp sound - and therefore you can hear everything). And he manages to seem not to be present: the music is, not the interpreter.

Of course that is not really true. His playing is so personal you will find all the other organists different.

He was arguably the most important - in terms of impact - of all the Bachian organists.

Now I don't think Walcha's Bach is very Bachian - I don't believe Bach played it like that. Nevertheless, most of his playing is very impressive (he played all the most important organ and harpsichord Bach works) and you do see into one of the most powerful music minds ever (Bach) through one of the most intelligent interpretative minds (Walcha). Some of Walcha's interpretattions (from the stereo set) are, I think, almost impossible to better.
>>
File: 1500953165339.jpg (33KB, 217x395px) Image search: [Google]
1500953165339.jpg
33KB, 217x395px
Stylistically Walcha was entirely his own. He grew up in the time of the organ movement, which – as you know - constituted a reaction towards romanticism - and had intruduced an ascetic, platonic view upon Bach´s works. He was bound to stress the elementary elements which are notated in the score (rhythm and counterpoint).

In practice his tempi are often fast. His playing is insistent rhythmically and his part playing is outstanding and very clear, - this may be the greatest force of his music making. He uses rather much 16´ in his registrations, and this is probably justified, as Bach had access to such instruments and was known to prefer Gravitas at least in organ-registration. Walcha built up his own system of articulation, which implies more legato, than now is considered decent. What e.g. annoys me very much, is his preference for overtied upbeats creating rhythmically odd syncopated effects. His touch is rather forceful (the effect stressed by the close miking) as if he was playing on a mechanical tracker organ with a heavy action.

What stands out as being the hallmarks of his playing, is his ability to display the intellectual structure (the counterpoint at most) of Bach´s music by means of his extraordinary clear part playing. At the same time his insistent rhythm and forceful touch endows the music with very much intensity, often bordering a kind of extasy. So in addition to his intellectual approach, his music making also has got a strong physical effect. This reflects in my opinion the intrinsic nature of Bach´s music, and it is in this synthesis where Walcha may be considered unsurpassable, even if he - from a HIP point of view - got some of the details wrong. Personally I consider his EMI harpsichord recordings mandatory for every Bach-lover.
>>
I've uploaded about a dozen songs to YouTube but only one has over 1000 views.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxcJ-FvXNsE
>>
>>74648921
Oh wait, this one has barely surpassed the 1000 mark. Willie Nelson's earliest recording.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tvi2ZrkntYg
>>
>>74648921
>>74648947
Do you upload mostly rare stuff? These seem p. rare.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.