[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pleb opinions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: The_king_of_limbs.jpg (46KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
The_king_of_limbs.jpg
46KB, 250x250px
>It's a "In the Basement version fixes TKOL" episode
>>
>>74643303
the daily mail should have been on the record
>>
really wasn't into this album until hearing the from the basement version, and then it really popped when i saw them live.

sorry not sorry
>>
>>74643316
>OH MY GOD THE DAILY MAIL
>>
I listened to the basement version the other day and I don't get what the appeal is supposed to be.
>>
>>74644548
Sometimes a person will hear a piece of electronic music, and they'll go, "oh, this is soulless, overproduced, artificial crap.

Then they'll hear the music in a more human context (such as the context of a live performance) and they will go "oh wait those weren't just random noises being vomited out of a computer; a person was making those sounds happen" and all of a sudden they can judge the music on its merits again.

Of course, people don't like to admit their mistakes, so instead of revising their opinion of the original album, they say the live version is just *MILES* better even though the only difference is that the live version reminds you that you're ultimately listening to humans.
>>
>>74645040
Makes sense, thanks
>>
>>74645040
Yeah but for TKOL they used Jonny's computer program and recorded themselves playing their parts and sampled them during the whole album. IT WAS AN EXPERIMENT, but your argument don't solve anything, the album sound is souless because its them sampled, computer-filtered if i may say, all of this IMO following the In Rainbows marketing campaign (not only this but also the tape and recorder sounds of the album AND Videotape lyrics/ending).

All of this makes TKOL sound over-thought album, eclectic but not electric iukwim
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.