[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Positive music thoughts thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: X6swn.png (19KB, 573x382px) Image search: [Google]
X6swn.png
19KB, 573x382px
I think it's really nice that To Pimp a Butterfly continues to get young people into jazz.
>>
>>74640310
That literally hasn't happened even once.
>>
File: 1502311150720.jpg (63KB, 375x455px) Image search: [Google]
1502311150720.jpg
63KB, 375x455px
>>74640310
>mfw want to contribute to wholesome thread but have no positive thoughts on music
>>
I think it's good that rap will eventually die off just like rock and eventually music will be a lost and forgotten art form and can once again be super sekrit and underground until the process repeats itself
>>
>>74640334

It got a few of my students involved actually.
>>
it's nice that sunbather introduced indie kids to a bunch of classic metal albums they may have never heard because of metal stereotypes
>>
>>74640395

That's me actually.
>>
File: images.png (4KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
images.png
4KB, 225x225px
>>74640310
You know I used to be kind if judgemental about people's taste in music, but after visiting this board I'm glad that the people I come across to in real life have the capacity to enjoy music regardless of their taste
>>
>>74640454

Yeah this board made me go down the rabbit hole of "objective" truths in music opinion. I had to sort of deconstruct all of that to get back to a place where I could listen to something just because I like it.
>>
>>74640534
Perfect comment. This pretty much sums up /mu/ as a whole
>>
I think back on all of the experimental shit, weird-ass bands and progressive music I've discovered

And you know where it all stems from? Green Day.

That's right, they were the catalyst that got me listening to stuff other than cookie-cutter, bland as all hell pop music

I appreciate that first step more than anything else to be honest
>>
>>74640860
for me it was the Tenacious D or maybe the White Stripes
>>
>>74640860
I hate that for me it was googling songs about sadness and suicide, therefore discovering Radiohead and The Smiths.
>>
>>74640860

That's Nine Inch Nails for me. Without them I'd never have explored Ambient, Jazz, or Hip Hop.
>>
I think it's really neat how young a lot of the music we listen to today is. Go back 100 years and practically everything talked about on this board doesn't exist (including most recordings of classical pieces enjoyed today). I know the '1910 music started' meme is silly, but the huge explosion in music the last 100 years is amazing.
>>
>>74640534

I went down this road longer than I care to admit.
>>
File: holy shit.jpg (62KB, 500x441px) Image search: [Google]
holy shit.jpg
62KB, 500x441px
>>74640349
>wholesome
>>
If you manage to block out all the shit posting /mu/ has and all the people who try to tell you what album is good and judging you for it, /mu/ is one of the few boards I actually got really good something out of. Something meaningful.

I discovered some of my favorite bands here and thanks to this board I took music more seriously and became a more participated listener. I discovered a lot of music and I have /mu/ to thank for that.
>>
Don't come to /mu/ tomorrow. Some of you are cool.
>>
>>74641270
calling the FBI rn
>>
>>74640386
>It got a few of my students involved actually.
>my students

got that in there
>>
>>74641270
fuck off melon you're not getting away twice
>>
>>74640860
>>74640975
that's stupid logic, guys. it's like saying "as a wine enthusiast my most cherished memory is drinking milk as a child. because that's what came first". it's the most retarded point imaginable in the context of art. you could have very well developed an interest in music that was more rich if you hadn't discovered green day. you have absolutely no way of knowing. and even if it were true that you needed to be introduced to green day, it was obviously just by chance based on the fact that green day is more popular
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.