[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do I like this??

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

>>
because kurt cobain wore a shirt with that on it once so daniel johnston entered the mainstream
>>
>>74637550
Because it's brilliant
>>74637606
Not even true. I guarantee you most Nirvana fans don't know who DJ is
>>
>>74637550
because its good or you're a poser, either way go away
>>
>>74637638
>I guarantee you most Nirvana fans don't know who DJ is

true, but most johnston fans wouldn't know who he is if Kurt didn't wear that shirt
>>
>>74637550
i bought it on vinyl i loved the album so much

>>74637652
half true. Alot of people became fans because of kurt wearing the shirt, But im sure the rest got into him through friends or other means. I didnt know kurt wore until after i got into him. Youre not wrong if saying thats how he reached popularity at first, but its no longer like that i dont think
>>
>>74638139
if kurt had never wore that shirt no one would know him now. he was in a mental hospital when he got big

just sayin. I like the guy and his music, but there's no way I, or the vast majority of his fans, would have heard about him without Kurt wearing his shirt

so the reason the OP likes this album is because of Kurt Cobain.
>>
>>74638205
uh, yeah i pretty said i agree with you. But today the shirt isnt the only way hes getting new fans. Besides i have faith that if kurt didnt wear the shirt he would still reach popularity some other way. even if it wouldnt get him as big as he is know.
>>
>>74638379
>Besides i have faith that if kurt didnt wear the shirt he would still reach popularity some other way.

why? many artists die in obscurity. you shouldn't try to rationalize something like this, just accept it.
>>
>>74638399
>you shouldn't try to rationalize something like this, just accept it.

uhh, you do know he was on mtv and stuff before kurt wore his shirt right? Im not saying things would be the same if kurt didnt wear the shirt. Im just saying that i dont think DJ would have been 100% forgotten
>>
>>74637550
piano daniel > chord organ daniel
His first few records are way better
>>
>>74638478
>you do know he was on mtv and stuff before kurt wore his shirt right?

no he wasn't.
>>
>>74639573
" His local standing led to him being featured in a 1985 episode of the MTV program The Cutting Edge featuring performers from Austin's "New Sincerity" music scene"

from the wiki, do your research
>>
>>74637652
>>74638205
I knew of DJ long before I finally sat down and listened to a single nirvana album.

No idea that Kurt wore the shirt and even purchased one myself because I liked the cover design so much before being told by /mu/ I was a poser faggot that was simply copying Kurt
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.