[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Vinyl records vs. Digital

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: vinyl.png (969KB, 1280x673px) Image search: [Google]
vinyl.png
969KB, 1280x673px
What's with the sudden jacking off over records the past few years? They're lower audio quality in every fucking way.

What's next, 8-tracks?
>>
>lower quality
get a load of this guy and his <10k setup

In all seriousness, the reason people like records is the same reason people like steelbooks or things like that. They like owning physical media. Cassettes sound poor, CDs are redundant, and records are the only other option that can sound good and have some merit in ownership.
>>
>>74637072
WHY DO WE NEED ANOTHER ONE OF THESE THREADS JESUS CHRIST JUST GOOGLE AN ARTICLE THAT AFFIRMS YOUR OPINION OR DISAGREES WITH YOU JESUS
>>
yo if you don't realize it

them gon get you

one mo, one mo time

yo, gimme a beat
>>
Vinyl is just fun
>>
>>74637118
>>74637072
this desu

vinyl has a nice vibe to it without compromising much in the way of fidelity like tapes. CD's are nice too, but they're just not as fun to collect. Vinyl is also a often a piece of visual art as well, like a cool poster that you're emotionally connected to that you can pull out and listen to.

idk maybe it just won't make sense to you but people like to own things, and vinyl is nice to own
>>
Vinyl isn't replacing digital as a primary format, but rather as "complementary", getting our favorite albums in tangible formats.
>>
File: 1498545542656.gif (3MB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
1498545542656.gif
3MB, 200x150px
>buy vinyl version
>comes with a digital download code

What's the point of CDs anymore?
>>
File: 1499124923187.jpg (85KB, 920x960px) Image search: [Google]
1499124923187.jpg
85KB, 920x960px
>>74638601
>buy vinyl
>comes with CD
Even better
>>
>>74638601
nice contained package
>>
They ruined my wallet. Now I must await to preorder my next new metal vinyl with blood red spatter design or my life will not be complete
>>
>>74638601
i like CDs
don't be mean
>>
File: pikachill.png (115KB, 246x238px) Image search: [Google]
pikachill.png
115KB, 246x238px
>>74638601
A tiny disk is being spun around really fast and getting blasted by a laser which creates the music you hear
>>
>Newfags don't know about my extra cuts of my pre remasterd collection.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdBaFpOtdRE
>>
>>74638601
To listen to while driving
>>
>>74639511
>not burning FLAC files to CD-R
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.