[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Opinions on Sgt. Pepper

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

Give your opinions on Sgt Pepper and it's impact on popular music.
>>
>>74629981

If Paul didn't rip off from Pet Sounds he wouldn't of ever made this album.
>>
>>74630014
so? if Beatles hadn't made Rubber Soul Wilson wouldn't have been inspired to make Pet Sounds
>>
Giles Martin made it the GOAT
>>
>>74630045
but as for me personally Lovely Rita/When I'm Sixty Four/Good Morning Good Morning at the end really hurts the album. drops it to like a 6-7/10 for me. if they had replaced those with strawberry and somethign would have been way better
>>
>>74630091
I agree with "When I'm 64," but what about the others diminishes the album's quality for you?
>>
>>74629981
Great record. First six tracks are all brilliant. Nothing to say about A Day In The Life that hasn't been said before.

There'll always be those records you see everywhere and do nothing for you personally, and they get labelled overrated. IMO DSOTM and Sgt. Peppers are well deserving of their status.
>>
The fac tthat soma nyb ooks st il lnameth ebeatlesastheg reate stormo stinflu enti alrockba ndev eronlytell syouhowfa rro ckmusi cis fro mbe comingaser iousart.
>>
>>74629981
Even though I love this band and have great childhood memories.. on top of this was like the first band I listened to.. I say fuck you op, because this is the most overrated and talked about band of all fucking time.
>inb4 its featured in every generic music book as "the greatest rock band of all-time" when they're psychedelic pop
gg try again
>>
>>74630168
I just don't like them
>>
6/10
>>
>>74629981
Revolver was better in my opinion, but sonically this album is pretty neat.
>>
>>74630091
Lovely Rita's an amazing song desu. Those other two are trash though
>>
why the hate for when i'm sixty-four
it's an objectively good song
>>
File: 1439331802565.png (29KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
1439331802565.png
29KB, 633x758px
>>74630091
>>74630478
Fuck you...Good Morning is a great song that captures the spirit of Sgt Pepper better than any of the other songs on the album.
>>
File: 48772320.cached.jpg (74KB, 800x500px) Image search: [Google]
48772320.cached.jpg
74KB, 800x500px
>>74629981

Watch out for your ears! Watch out for your ears!

It was 20 years ago today...

-R
>>
>>74630526
People pretend to not like songs that are light, simple, and direct because it'll hinder the 2deep4u self-image that they try to project to the world...this is basically why /mu/ has guilty pleasures threads. Everyone likes to be perceived a certain way.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.