[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you write lyrics? How do you know if they're good?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

How do you write lyrics? How do you know if they're good?
>>
If they give an emotion within you then that's when you know you have something good. It doesn't need to make sense or have to rhyme.

A big mistake to make is trying to get technical with lyrics.
>>
>>74625729
This is correct in a way but I feel like learning the technical side of writing lyrics is essential to know. You gotta know the rules before you break them
>>
Just write whatever you feel like
>>
>>74625665
grab a random philosophical essay, pick a sentence and add a few words of your own
there you go, fresh deep lyrics
>>
Just write grindcore songs. Then they don't have to be good.
t. Singer in a grindcore band
>>
>>74625665
Bee truu 2 urself :)
>>
Don't force lyrics to rhyme or fit a certain formula because if you force something to rhyme then alot of the time it might not actually make sense and is therefore not truly what you think. I would say the best way to write is just write whatever comes to you naturally whilst you're feeling a certain emotion and if you need to, come back to them later and then worry about rhyming or structuring them better. But this way atleast your overall idea will be better I tend to feel.
>>
>>74625665
another question for the thread

do you write the lyrics or the music first?
>>
>>74627234
Vocal melody first.
>>
>>74625665
just b urself
>>
>>74627276
xD
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.