[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bowie

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_1499.jpg (140KB, 734x1087px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1499.jpg
140KB, 734x1087px
My music library got deleted, what music from David Bowie should I download?
>>
Scary Monsters, Heathen, and Station to Station
>>
download this song only
https://youtu.be/avJt0SQec0I
>>
just download an album when you want to listen to it

a comprehensive digital music library is not worth having and commonly available stuff like Bowie doesn't require a local copy
>>
>>74623924
Everything from 1969 to 1984
>>
1. Outside
>>
>>74623924
Everything from the second self-titled to Let's Dance is incredible (well, i don't like pin-ups, but that's just personal preference). Tin Machine 1 and 2 are great too. Outside, Hours, Reality, and The Next Day are his most essential post-Let's Dance albums. I really like Blackstar but people seem pretty divisive on it around here.
>>
Hunky Dory, Aladdin Sane, Heroes, Heathen
>>
>>74623998
Just about anything with his mug on the cover is exceptionally good
>>
ESSENTIALS
>Hunky Dory (1971)
>The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars (1972)
>Station to Station (1976)
>Low (1977)
>"Heroes" (1977)
>Scary Monsters and Super Creeps (1980)

GET THIS TOO
>The Man Who Sold the World (1970)
>Live Santa Monica '72 (1972)
>Aladdin Sane (1973)
>Young Americans (1975)
>Lodger (1979)
>Let's Dance (1983)
>Blackstar (2016)

Also a singles comp of some kind because there's some non-album singles you need like Space Oddity and John, I'm Only Dancing as well as some classic singles on mediocre records like Rebel Rebel.
>>
>>74624015
so literally every album except lodger, earthling, the next day, and blackstar? do reality and outside count since they're drawings?
>>
>>74624029
But Space Oddity was on an album. The second self-titled.
Also since when is Rebel Rebel mediocre?
>>
They were a pretty good rap group, I guess.
>>
>>74624050

Holy christ you are 0 for 2 on basic reading comprehension.
>>
>>74624073
>>
>>74623924
Everything from The Man who Sold the World to Scary Monsters. Skip everything up to 1. Outside and then continue listening to everything up until Blackstar.
>>
>>74624092
>non-album singles you need like Space Oddity
>mediocre records like Rebel Rebel
what the hell do you mean i'm 0 for 2 this is what was literally written down
>>
>>74624129
The Buddha of Suburbia is a must
>>
>>74624130
>non-album singles you need like Space Oddity

There are multiple versions of Space Oddity, some of which (including the best) are non-album singles

>mediocre records like Rebel Rebel

This quote is wrong. Re-read the post with some basic reading comprehension and copy + paste skills.
>>
>>74624262
OH I'M FUCKING STUPID
Okay, sorry, got it. I just woke up.
...Diamond Dogs isn't mediocre, though.
>>
File: 1502102347196.jpg (80KB, 949x678px) Image search: [Google]
1502102347196.jpg
80KB, 949x678px
>>74624029
>Scary Monsters being essentiall, but not The Man Who Sold the World
>>
>>74624029
It's funny how "Hours" is almost a non existing album in Bowie's discography
>>
>>74623924

Everything, even Tonight and NLMD have great songs on them (Absolute Beginners, When The Wind Blows and Loving The Alien)

>>74625659

And Buddha of suburbia.
>>
Just got his full discography, what order is recommended? Chronological? Haven't listened anything from him yet, but watched a documentary.
>>
>>74625251

But that's accurate. Scary Monsters is probably his greatest synthesis of Berlin and traditional rock structures. Plus Up the Hill Backwards is one of his greatest achievements.

Man Who Sold the World has great moments (TITLE TRACK) but on the whole it's just a well executed a two guitar 70's heavy rock album. Not really seeing what's essential rather than great about it unless you're some kind of glam metal head.
>>
>>74625750

Chronological as with literally every collection of art by a single artist in the history of the human ace.
>>
>>74625750
Hunky Dory and Low are the best/most representative of his two over all styles imo
>>74625919
>turtle.jpg
>>
>>74625750
I'd say start with Hunky Dory and then either start back at the first self titled or the second self titled.
>>
>>74625919
Oh my, what a broad statement. You seem like you know what you're talking about, replying with such conviction. I'm off to listen to 75 Gucci Mane mixtapes, have a nice day.
>>
>>74623924
Outside
>>
download all the albums from the 70s. that's all you need
>>
>>74625935
>>74626005
Thank you, what about The rise and fall of Ziggy Stardust? It's what I see mentioned the most, and the concept seems intriguing.
>>
>>74626152
It's GOOD, but I don't think it's the best glam rock album he did. That'd be Hunky Dory or Aladdin Sane. The concept's not as fleshed out as, say, Diamond Dogs' or 1.Outside's, but it IS an interesting concept and the songs are fantastic, as always.
>>
>>74626152
it's good. it's similar to Hunky Dory but slightly more rock n roll. I feel like the songs aren't as good as Hunky Dory
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.