[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

David Bowie was the greatest human to ever live.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 15

File: Salute.jpg (761KB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Salute.jpg
761KB, 1500x1000px
David Bowie was the greatest human to ever live.
>>
File: IMG_1568.jpg (63KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1568.jpg
63KB, 640x480px
>>74619530
>>
File: eggman.jpg (17KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
eggman.jpg
17KB, 480x360px
>David Bowie
>human
>>
>>74619530
If Piero Scaruffi was never born.
>>
>kidfucker
yeah nah he's fucking scum and an overrated musician
>>
Could not agree more, OP.
>>
>>74619530
He was a roleplaying faggot. None of his music was sincere. He was always putting on some weird show. To him music was pure entertainment, which is fair. But it's not what I look for in music. I like listening to folk music and being able to relate to what they have to say. Whereas with Bowie it's all just "ALIENS LMAOOO". The dude read too much science fiction as a child.
>>
holy fuck that hairline how
>>
>>74619774
what about it
>>
>>74619766
He wrote mainly folk music in the early 60's, and good music at that.

It was beautiful, poetic, as well as readable.

He discussed politics, the hypocrisy of the hippy movement as well as other similar themes. Including of course love and depression

Do your research.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKMSgZo9c8s
>>
>>74619766
>“At the start of 1969, he wrote “Space Oddity”, a song that punctured the global admiration for the Apollo mission to the moon. His hero, Major Tom, was not making a giant leap for mankind, but sitting in the alienated exile of a lunar capsule, unwilling to come back to earth. In 1980, Bowie returned to the scenario of that song in “Ashes to Ashes” [184], to discover that his reluctant hero was still adrift from humanity, as if the previous eleven years had changed nothing.”
>“He was one of the first pop commentators to complain that the optimism that enraptured the youth of the West in the mid-sixties was hollow and illusory. His negativity seemed anachronistic, but it merely anticipated the realization that Western society could not fuel and satisfy the optimism of sixties youth culture.”
>“Unable to secure a mass audience for his explorations of a society in the process of fragmentation, he decided to create an imaginary hero who could entrance and then educate the pop audience—and to play the leading role himself.”
>“The creation of Ziggy Stardust in 1972 amounted to a conceptual art statement: rather than pursuing fame, as he had in the past, Bowie would act as if he were already famous beyond dispute, and present himself to the masses as an exotic creature from another planet. Ziggy would live outside the norms of earthly society: he would be male and female, gay and straight, human and alien, an eternal outsider who could act as a beacon for anyone who felt ostracized from the world around them. Aimed at a generation of adolescents emerging into an unsettling and fearful world, his hero could not help but become a superstar. Whereupon Bowie removed him from circulation, destroying the illusion that had made him famous.”
>>
>>74619766
while I do agree that he was to a certain extent a 'role player' you have misjudged his talent of taking up characters to put forward his own idea of the world around him. Most of his songs deal with isolation and most importantly 'alienation' and not science-fiction.
>>
>>74619802
That link you sent isn't folk. The closest music he did to folk was his debut album but that wasn't even folk. Also accusing someone of not doing the research when they've followed Bowie for almost three decades and has listened to his entire discography multiple times is pretty funny. How about YOU do the research
>>
You lot know any other tracks by Bowie that sound similar to "Fashion"? I've just started out with Bowie.
>>
he ain't dead
>>
>>74619766
>Whereas with Bowie it's all just "ALIENS LMAOOO".
lol, he was a good lyricist. you quoted my favorite of his.
>>
>>74619782
not him, but i believe anon is admiring bowie's incredible genetics
>>
>>74621204
Scary Monsters, Heroes and Lodger might be up your alley.
>>
okay. but we are definitely not going to talk about Judy
>>
yes
>>
File: captain.jpg (44KB, 410x750px) Image search: [Google]
captain.jpg
44KB, 410x750px
My idol and a man we should aspire be more like.

Not a perfect man, but a man trying to be perfect
>>
>>74621204
I recently got into Bowie as well, I'd really recommend listening to his studio albums. There are quite a few (27) but all of them are good in their own way and some of my favorite bowie songs come from some of his "forgotten albums" I really cant recommend doing that enough, even if not all amazing albums, most of them have very good parts and a lot of his albums have very good narratives tied with them

But for now, >>74621292 this anon's probably right, if not maybe check out Diamond Dogs, not super similar to fashion, but some its seems like a good choice.
>>
File: Capture.png (64KB, 313x122px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
64KB, 313x122px
>>74619530
>Salute,jpg
I have that same image saved as the same thing

smart thinking OP
>>
>>74619834
God, Bowie really was a fucking genius
>>
>>74621523
>man trying to be perfect
really reminds me of The Man Who Sold the World by Peter Doggett. It's an interesting biography on Bowie.
>>
>>74621579
I've not read that, but its on my list now, Bowie talked about his love for Nietzsche and thus the idea of the Ubermensch, references it quite a bit in his music. That strive for excellence is something you really have to admire
>>
File: mishima.png (117KB, 400x402px) Image search: [Google]
mishima.png
117KB, 400x402px
>being this entry level
Bowie was a student of the true blackstar. Going out with an album like that, yeah, pretty good...
>>
>>74621600
Not only Nietzsche, Bowie immersed himself into a lot of literary and philosophical works. Terry his schizophrenic brother had a great impact on him and his outlook of the world.
>“Bowie recalled. “Terry was into all the Beat writers, Jack Kerouac, Allen Ginsberg, Gregory Corso, Lawrence Ferlinghetti, William Burroughs and John Clellon Holmes, and he’d come back home to Bromley with the latest paperbacks tucked away in a coat pocket. He was into everything, reading up the early drug writers, Buddhism, poetry, rock and jazz, especially the saxophone players John Coltrane and Eric Dolphy. . . . His mind was open to everything. . . . He was rebelling in his own way. . . .” Bowie might have been talking about his future self.”
>>
>>74621650
Attempting a coup d'etat on the same day you finished your masterpiece tetralogy, comitting ritual suicide with your lover, dying the martyrdeath for your country which had lost it's cultural, holy roots? On a whole different level!
>>
File: 61pVb8EE+FL._SL1024_.jpg (79KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
61pVb8EE+FL._SL1024_.jpg
79KB, 1024x768px
>>74621658
forgot the image
>>
>>74621654
That's great, Bowie's fascination with the Occult has always... fascinated me as well.
>>
>>74621600
Much more references to Mishima senpai
>>
File: absolute madman.jpg (103KB, 734x1024px) Image search: [Google]
absolute madman.jpg
103KB, 734x1024px
>>74619530
he was especially an amazing actor too. merry christmas mr. lawrence is a masterpiece. still been meaning to see the man who fell to earth (set photos from that film were used for the covers of station to station and low)

on a side note, when lou reed made transformer with bowie, his fashion went from that whole proto-hipster warhol look to the androgynous glam rock style, and i think it's funny seeing the madman with make-up.
>>
>>74621707
Very true
>>
>>74621717
add Just a Gigolo to your list.
>Lulu looks terrible with makeup.
>>
>>74619530
Hero worship is dangerous.
>>
>>74621878
>babbiboi is afraid of danger
>>
>>74619530
J U D Y
U
D
Y
>>
>>74621885
not the same anon but I think he is suggesting about over-idealisation that even Bowie himself feared .
>>
>>74621701
I think it was this factor of obsessing over cultish books, existentialism, nihilism and also tons of books on Nazism and their use of symbols that created such a mental instability in him during StS
>>
>>74621922
I'd say that's spot on
>>
File: david-bowie_640x480_41452504185.jpg (31KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
david-bowie_640x480_41452504185.jpg
31KB, 640x480px
>>74619766
Bowie represented bits of himself or the outer world using these personas. He once said in an interview that he always found it easier to write music for other people, so when he wrote music it was for these personas, which were other people.
>>
File: 1501544296418.jpg (84KB, 760x661px) Image search: [Google]
1501544296418.jpg
84KB, 760x661px
>>74621890
AAAAAAAAA@A@
>>
File: macffgh.jpg (298KB, 885x1280px) Image search: [Google]
macffgh.jpg
298KB, 885x1280px
>>74621272
he really had great hair.
>>
File: 9Ky2e63.jpg (23KB, 480x369px) Image search: [Google]
9Ky2e63.jpg
23KB, 480x369px
Best Bowie Live album?
For me it's A Reality Tour and Live Nassau Coliseum '76
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.