[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

"You Know My Name (Look Up The Number)" - The Beatles

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

Why don't we talk more about that song on /mu/? What the hell were they thinking when they made that song?
>>
Yeah. Why don't we?
This is probably their best song ever! (It's certainly number one in my top ten of favorite Beatles' songs!)

It's very different from 99% of all their stuff.

This is basically what their later Christmas records sort of sounded like. (Or at least parts of it) There's a bit of Monty Paython meets Bonzo Dog Band humor in this classic gem.

You know that there are a lot of new Beatles' fans that never heard this song. I love watching their facial reactions every timeI play it and tell them that it IS, in fact, The Beatles.

I hope more people will weigh in on this thread, and have a serious discussion about this overlooked gem.
>>
File: IMG_1773.png (92KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1773.png
92KB, 400x400px
>>74617174
>>
>>74617174
hmm
>>
File: gothboiclique.png (137KB, 320x385px) Image search: [Google]
gothboiclique.png
137KB, 320x385px
>>74617174
LIL BO PEEP
>>
File: IMG_1811.jpg (30KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1811.jpg
30KB, 600x600px
>>74617237
WITH A BRAND NEW BITCH
>>
Listening now honestly it sounds pretty corny. Beatles “doing a thing” on this one.

As the song progresses I am changing my rating to incredibly corny.
>>
OP, you are a plebian. Check this one out instead:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjuxO17Iq7k
One of my top 5 Beatles songs.
>>
>>74616996
Do people not like this song?
>>
With Brian Jones on sax
>>
Because the Beatles were pretty overrated, the only reason they're still relevant is because baby boomers miss the years were their penises worked. In 15 to 20 years when most of baby boomers are either dead or in diapers the Beatles will fade from public memory until they're remembered for what they actually are. A mediocre 1960's boy band. Some time after that they may be forgot to the point only Music buffs will know who they are. 100 years from now people will be listening to classics from Frank Sinatra, Lenard Cohen and maybe even Kurt Cobain, but not your shitty delusional baby boomer era songs. Sorry.
>>
>>74618400

This is literally one of worst things I've ever listened to in my entire life. Reconsider your life if you like this. I could literally only make it in 2:00.

>>74620743

see

>>74617192
>>
>>74620743
I'm sorry, Anon, but you are absolutely WRONG! The Beatles were/are one of the greatest rock bands in history, and will be remembered throughout the ages.

Just watch this video documentary from the future. Of course it is historically inaccurate, but this is proof that The Beatles' music will live on forever, even if historians from the future don't quite get it right.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Z2vU8M6CYI
>>
>>74620743
Here (you) go
>>
I like it for what it is
>>
File: man-doesnt-like-beatles.jpg (93KB, 637x509px) Image search: [Google]
man-doesnt-like-beatles.jpg
93KB, 637x509px
>>74620743
>>
>>74620743
Wow, you must be so cool
>>
>>74618400
explain what the fuck this is please
>>
>>74618400
Plebeians arent allowed to call other people plebeians.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.