[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

post your least favorite genre, other anons try to prove you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

File: 1500412469470.png (96KB, 363x475px) Image search: [Google]
1500412469470.png
96KB, 363x475px
post your least favorite genre, other anons try to prove you wrong

>indie folk
>>
>>74613377
What have you got against Sufjan?
>>
Grunge
>>
>>74613417
I'm just really not a fan of ITAOTS or arcade fire. idk how indicative of the genre they are
>>
>>74613377
noise/harsh noise
it just hurts my ears man, might as well put a mic in a washing machine and record it
>>
>>74613424
unironically this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGqBM_r932s
>>
Emo
That includes /mu/ approved emo like American Football and Snowing.

>>74613377
It's become a cliché, but there are legitimately good artists (The Microphones, Iron and Wine, for example)
>>74613482
I wouldn't classify Arcade Fire as indie folk though. They're a more general indie rock band.
>>
Slowcore

>>74613484
Revolutionary Pekinese Opera v.128 has some noise elements, and it might be a decent jumping off point
>>
hip hop
>>
Either Brostep or Lolicore
>>
chiptune is fucking goofy
>>
>>74613550
Divine Styler, J Dilla, tomppabeats
>>74613568
Everything by Anamanguchi and Disasterpeace (except for soundtracks)
>>
Brutal Death Metal/Goregrind/Slam
It sounds like circus music with all the shitty chromatic parts and silly voices
>>74613543
Codeine? They're more like really slow noise rock than indie rock rhp type stuff.
>>74613568
The sonic soundtrack maybe?
>>74613621
>tomppabeats
>>
>>74613621
>Anamanguchi and Disasterpeace (except for soundtracks)
Endless Fantasy and Rise of the Obsidian Interstellar, especially
>>
>>74613377
what if this is actually OP's favorite genre, and he just wants a circle jerk for himself for his favorite genre

honestly everyone who actually fell for it is a fucking idiot

MY third eye is open
>>
JAZZ
>>
>>74613377
How the fuck would I prove you wrong for saying you don't like indie folk? Do I have to post something you like less?
>>
>>74613717
just wanted to hear other people's favorites, I dislike that I have as limited a perspective on the genre as I do
>>
>>74613655
I think 'my favorite things' by john coltrane is as good a place to start as any. maybe bill evans if you prefer 'chill' music and gato barbieri if you prefer upbeat stuff
>>
>>74613640
For goregrind try early Carcass (Reek of Putrefaction, Necroticism - Descanting the Insalubrious)

And for BDM try Beyond Creation's only two albums. They are less cringy and more technical and melodic.
>>
Black Metal

I love other types of metal but most BM just sounds like a childish temper tantrum to me, I feel like I'll never understand the appeal of blastbeats
>>
>>74613875
I was in the same boat as you, but someone recommended Bathory's self-titled album. I think it's really good, and it got me interested enough to try and expand my mind on the genre.
>>
>>74613875
Try Marduk's Plague Angel and Funeral Mist - Maranatha
>>
Thrash metal more like trash metal lmao
>>
Crunkcore
>>
Probably Nu Metal
>>
>>74613543
It really doesn't have any noise elements

>>74613484
Tim hecker - harmony in ultraviolet
It has some noise but a whole lot of top tier ambient that would get you into the right frame of mind for noise as it's about intent listening and enjoying the minute aspects of the music
>>
>>74614695
Nu-Metal aged very poorly. But some stuff still holds up well in my opinion.

KoRn's debut/Self titled album is pretty solid. It was innovative, it had great drumming and bass work, and in my opinion, was downright an amazing album. Slipknot's debut/self titled goes in the same boat, in my opinion. The lyrics are pretty trashy and edgy at times, but their drummer was legitimately talented, and I'm not afraid to say that Corey Taylor is one of the best metal vocalists in the genre. Versatile, and had a really nice scream that was just harsh enough that he was still intelligible. Saliva was trash. Linkin Park had...good mixing, I guess? System of a Down isn't really Nu Metal, but they get roped in to that genre. They had a lot of cool foreign influences, but again, their debut/self titled is their best. Deftones' early work is amazing, and so is their later, shoegaze metal stuff. Their debut, Adrenaline is downright one of the best Nu-Metal albums out there. Seeded Crown's Please Remain Seeded and Reveille's Laced are both awesome, and worth checking out, since they're both pretty obscure. 5 finger death punch is aids.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.