[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Prove that jazz musicians actually improvise on their albums

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3

File: 1502769039947.jpg (34KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1502769039947.jpg
34KB, 480x360px
Couldn't do it, could you? This is the first step in admittimg jazz is shit. Congrats.
>>
>when you get butt devastated and make a new thread post-ironically
Golden sjhit.
>>
>be me
>jazz musician
>improvise
wew lad
>>
>>74606345
prove that jazz musicians don't just improvise because they're too lazy to write music
couldn't do it, could you? this is the first step in admittimg jazz it shit. congrats.
>>
>>74606345
You don't know what improvisation in music is.
>>
>>74606421
>when you absolutely must avoid OPs point at any cost
LOL
>>
Alternate takes are literally proof of this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ulga4soKuTk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TqBxxNcong
>>
>>74606486
No its not. Its proof of two scripted pre written takes. Also its proof that its not ad hoc at all but carefully rehearsed.
>>
Alternative takes
Session releases
Live performances
>>
>>74606507
Lol yeah. They notated every note of these pieces and then carefully rehearsed them til they got it just right and then destroyed the notation and told everyone it's improvised.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bOYVx8zerM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6mKKIyzSgk
>>
Its called free jazz cuz no one wants it
>>
-54370892378952/10
>>
i thought it was all computer generated
>>
>>74606513
Not proof

>>74606524
Did you have proof or are we pretending your snark is an argument
>>
prove that all classical compositions aren't improvised
>>
>>74606574
You can't call proof not proof. Lazy ass bait.
>>
>>74606345
huh?
>>
File: Get BLACKED.png (116KB, 421x243px) Image search: [Google]
Get BLACKED.png
116KB, 421x243px
Ain't you a stupid sad cracker?
>>
>I am bad at improvising so everyone else is too
Why even make this thread
>>
jazz musicians repeat their "improvisation" a lot more than they'd like to admit
>>
>>74606731
>what is a motif
Jesus
>>
>>74606636
Do you know what proof is? Or are you confused about the term improv...
>>
>>74606747
no I mean between different versions
the idea that everything in jazz has to be extemporaneous is pretty fucking stupid
>>
>>74606802
>>74606609
>>74606609
>>74606609
>>
>>74606805
>the idea that everything in jazz has to be extemporaneous is pretty fucking stupid
only people who know nothing about jazz have that idea though
>>
>>74606802
Yeah, those all display forms of improv.
>>
>>74606845
I really do think jazz has an unhealthy aversion to notation
>>
Fuck you all for falling for such shitty b8.

It's literally impossible to prove that something is improvised. But you're an idiot if you don't realize that jazz solos are improvised.
>>
>>74606861
Not on their albums. It also doesnt prove they didn't prewrite and rehearse the album cut... brainlet
>>
>>74606905
That's what session releases are for!
>>
>>74606912
Yeah and maybe those ARE improvised. Then again maybe not. Prove they didnt rehearse before the session releases, or that the players didnt meticulously plan out their solos
>>
File: t05p4.jpg (113KB, 635x960px) Image search: [Google]
t05p4.jpg
113KB, 635x960px
>jazz musicians don't really improvise
>jazz is bad because of improvisation
>>
>>74606935
Jazz albums take a variety of session recordings and put the best recordings of a piece together.

>Prove they didnt rehearse before the session releases
>One can't practice their instrument if they are jazz improvisers
HAHAHAHAHAHA

>or that the players didnt meticulously plan out their solos
Between sessions, whats on the album, and what can be heard live of the same track it's totally different.

Btw what's your proof that they don't improvise?
>>
>>74606345
Fucking lol if this is serious.

I love mu
>>
>>74607023
They could just write multiple versions of the same song for sessions. Or improv in the sessions and then play composed music during the album.

>>74607061
Not an argument. So does improv matter to jazz or not? If it is important, and most would say it is, then there should be evidence that it's not all smoke and mirrors designed to sell consumers half thought out / unfinished music.
>>
yes there is definitely enough money in playing jazz for thousands of musicians to keep doing this

thanks OP for debunking jazz for good
>>
>>74607495
maybe only the successful ones "cheat"
>>
Jazz is the last refuge of the untalented. Jazz musicians enjoy themselves more than anyone listening to them does.
>>
Hahaha, don't know if this is bait, but I'm pretty sure when it comes to studio, it's refined versions of the stuff they played in clubs an shit. With some improv thrown in for good measure.
You want Jazz, see that shit live first. That's their home.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.