[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did none of you fucks tell me this was so good?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: a4261878524_10.jpg (208KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
a4261878524_10.jpg
208KB, 1200x1200px
This is easily the second or third greatest Swans album I've listened to.
>>
>>74597482
I agree desu.
It's their only album from their No wave period I can listen to without any trouble.
>>
>>74597482
/mu/ is full of shit 97% of the time
>>
Idk man it's boring to me
>>
>>74597520
Have you listened to the song Time is Money?

It's probably the most energetic Swans song I've heard period

>>74597496
I think Filth is a bit better. What trouble do you have with it?
>>
>>74597496
This album isn't No Wave. No Wave was dead by the time Filth was released.
>>74597587
I'm with this guy simply because I'm a bigger fan of noise rock than industrial. I also think the themes on Filth were a lot more direct and poignant. It's not that Greed isn't brilliant it just isn't as original, to me anyway.

The live performances on Public Castration are some of their best tracks though, that album is amazing
>>
>>74597587
I think a lot of it sound super repetive. Was never a fan of early swans in general besides their first s/t EP
>>74597646
I can't tell apart No Wave from industrial. Honestly don't listen to both anyways.
>>
>>74597482
Holy Money is so much better. Still a great album though.
>>
>>74597892
Why did none of you fucks tell me Holy Money was so good? This is easily the third or fourth greatest Swans albums I've listened to.
>>
File: 1345411816875.jpg (9KB, 268x200px) Image search: [Google]
1345411816875.jpg
9KB, 268x200px
swans is a shit band and you should all feel bad about yourselves
>>
>>74597482
Out of their No-Wave period i'd say that either Cop or their first ep is my favorite, but i love all of the No-Wave/Industrial period
>>
What are the first and second best?
>>
Greed and Holy Money have grown on me but I still put them towards the bottom of their discography. I just like their other albums more, they're neither as refined as the subsequent post-punk period nor as visceral as the stuff before it. I don't think we would've gotten Children of God without these albums so they're still worth something but they're still albums I rarely go back to.
>>
i can't really into this

it always came across to me as them actively trying to make something "industrial"

feels tacky
>>
>>74600103
cop, cop, and cop
>>
>>74597482
It's almost complete garbage, with Money is Flesh and Time is Money being its only good songs. I mean, I can listen to the rest when I feel like shit, but come on, it's even less musically interesting then the burning world.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.