[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6

Can we all agree this is the most overrated album of all time? It's not even the best Beatles album.

The cover art is 10/10, tho.
>>
gave it a listen today. truly poor
>>
>>74597444
It's the most overrated Beatles album. Certainly not the most overrated of all time.
>>
File: abbey road.jpg (38KB, 408x400px) Image search: [Google]
abbey road.jpg
38KB, 408x400px
Abbey Road is definitely their best album.
>>
I'm a huge beatles fan, this was my favourite album of theirs as a kid. I now realoze there are a few underwhelming tracks like lovely rita, she's leaving home. The rest are still really dope though
>>
>>74597444
>most overrated album of all time
That's DSOTM
>It's not even the best Beatles album
True
>The cover art is 10/10, tho
Get out
>>
>>74597508
Oh fuck I thought OP said 0/10 nvm
>>
>>74597503
This probably would be, if it weren't for the goofy songs like Octopus' Garden and Maxwell's Silver Hammer. Their best is probably Rubber Soul
>>
>>74597508
>That's DSOTM

Nope. DSOTM is great. It's not full of fillers like Sgt Peppers.
>>
>>74597444
If you're implying that it gets more credit than it deserves, perhaps you're right. However, it's praised as the best album of all time by many critics and for that reason alone I think it deserves a 10.
>>
File: IMG_1381.jpg (77KB, 750x1000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1381.jpg
77KB, 750x1000px
>>74597556
>It's not full of fillers
>like Sgt Peppers

What did you mean by this?
>>
top 3 beatles albums are Abbey Road, Rubber Soul, Revolver in no particular order
>>
>>74597576
troll?
>>
>>74597506
she's leaving home is the 2nd best on the album after a day in the life
>>
>>74597768
Idk man, I agree with you on a day in the life but she's leaving home never did it for me musically or lyrically. I completely forgot about When I'm 64 though. That song is by far the worst on the album
>>
1 - Abbey Road
2 - Rubber Soul
3 - Revolver
4 - White Album
5 - Magical Mystery Tour (yeah, I know its an EP)
6 - Sgt Peppers
>>
>>74598025
Sgt Peppers is def better than Magical Mystery Tour. Blue Jay Way, Baby You're A Rich Man, Your Mother Should Know and Flying should not even be allowed to be songs
>>
>>74598100
>Blue Jay Way
>bad song
Imagine having taste this bad
>>
File: IMG_3493.jpg (125KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3493.jpg
125KB, 640x480px
>>74598100
>Sgt Peppers is def better than Magical Mystery Tour
>Blue Jay Way and Flying should not even be allowed to be songs

What the fuck? Blue Jay Way is one of the Beatles' best songs, and Flying is god tier.

Baby You're A Rich Man is also great, Your Mother Should Know isn't amazing but it's not a weak point in any case.
>>
>>74598100
Holy fuck, you have a terrible taste.
>>
>>74597444
it's not the best beatles album, but it's great anyways
>>
>>74598100
What about The Fool on The Hill? Strawberry Fields Forever? Penny Lane? I Am The Walrus?
>>
>>74598181
>>74598183
Sorry to offend you kiddies, I was a little too hard on Blue Jay Way. It's a good song. I got ahead of myself and I went a little to far.

The other songs I mentioned are pretty unredeemable though unless you're on as much acid as the boys who made it were
>>
>>74598249
>unless you're on as much acid as the boys who made it were

Sober it's an 8/10. On acid it's a 1000/10
>>
>>74598235
Those songs are some of the best in the Beatles catalog. That's why I didn't mention them in my shitty rant
>>
>>74598249
>unless you're on as much acid as the boys who made it were

I don't even drink soda or alcohol, so I'm certainly not on acid. I think Baby You're A Rich Man is nonessential but definitely not irredeemable, it works pretty well.

Your Mother Should Know is alright too. MMT as a collective album is utterly superior to Sgt. Pepper's. Not even A Day In The Life balances out all that filler.
>>
>>74598278
To be completely fair, I enjoy all of the tracks on the album, I just think some tracks are better than others. I have an issue with how much I exaggorate things, sorry guys
>>
>>74598322
I meant exaggerate
>>
>>74598322
It's okay.

OP here, I think I exaggerate things too by saying that Sgt Peppers is the most overrated album of all time, sorry guys
>>
Musically it's overrated as shit. Production-wise it is pioneering, especially in the genre of pop music. Most people (non nerds) mean "musically" when they call it a great album though, so overall that's a hearty agree
>>
>God Tier
A Day in the Life
With a Little Help from my Friends
>Great Tier
Getting Better
Fixing a Hole
When I'm Sixty-Four
>Good Tier
Lovely Rita
Good Morning Good Morning
>Album Theme tier
Sgt. Pepper/Sgt. Pepper reprise
>It's the 60's lmao tier
Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds
Within You Without You
>Truly god awful tier
She's Leaving Home
Being for the Benefit of Mr. Kite
Overall it's their least consistent album post-Help if you exclude MMT (and I'd argue it's less consistent than Help too). Revolver had better songwriting and relied less on 60s gimmicks, meanwhile The White Album had three times as many ideas and executed them much better by giving each idea its proper amount of time and focus. Sgt. Pepper blows every idea up to its breaking point, and many of the songs suffer as a result.

Genuinely don't get why it's so loved. It's better than MMT at least. Would've been a million times better if Strawberry Fields Forever showed up here, right in the spot where Kite is (and also throw out WYWY for good measure).
>>
>>74599009
>>Truly god awful tier
>She's Leaving Home
>Being for the Benefit of Mr. Kite
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.