[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/metal/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 322
Thread images: 67

File: LITURGY PAPYRUS.jpg (89KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
LITURGY PAPYRUS.jpg
89KB, 1200x1200px
Papyrus edition

Old thread >>74576774
>>
File: 1501977160143.jpg (3MB, 3648x2736px) Image search: [Google]
1501977160143.jpg
3MB, 3648x2736px
Give me Tolkien metal!
>>
File: Hades1.jpg (25KB, 339x338px) Image search: [Google]
Hades1.jpg
25KB, 339x338px
TRVE
>>
>>74587912
this is the finest of tolkien metal
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtb53WAg3ws
>>
>>74587912
>Blind Guardian - Nightfall in Middle-Earth
>>
>>74587912
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TD5LDua40i8

It is a good day to kill
>>
>>74587896
Post the real Liturgy, you son of a mongrel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrwql_Dfc4s
>>
>>74587912
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WamjlrhPLiY
>>
>>74587967
garbage
>>
>>74587912
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMHrAh6nhPc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeZ8uVIOIhM
bonus: tolkien not-metal
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_G-zanqLD3M
>>
>>74588045
>chooses a Burzum song as representative of "tolkien metal"
pretty wise
>it's not En Ring Til Å Herske or Beholding The Daughters Of The Firmament
you dun goofed
>>
>>74588045
>bonus: tolkien not-metal
>not Led Zeppelin
>>
File: kill em all CS.jpg (86KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
kill em all CS.jpg
86KB, 800x800px
>>74587896
>>
What is the Effigy of the Forgotten of black metal?
>>
what's the first thrash album?
>>
>>74588152
>>
>>74588176
....how?
>>
What is the Severed Survival/Mental Funeral of black metal?
>>
>>74588169
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DsEvhD73EU
>>74588195
spawned a bunch of imitators and influenced the way albums in the genre would sound in the future?
>>
Every single time I look at review sites, any given band's first two albums are given high scores then it's a constant decrease.
I have a hard time believing that almost every single band keeps releasing worse and worse albums as they get older.

Can people objectively review music? It's like later albums are always dismissed with "we've heard this before". Well no shit Sherlock, since it's not the first album from the band you're listening to. Do people just give bad rating since they expect to hear something completely new?
>>
>>74587896
What is some unironically "Law" meal?
>>
File: download.jpg (532KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
532KB, 1000x1000px
>>74588263
reviews are literally meaningless, of course there's gonna be some shit that's objectively terrible but you've always gotta listen to something to decide if you think it's good or not in spite of whatever the consensus is.
>>
>>74588263
First two motörhead albums are rated low, latest ones consistently high. There are countless more examples, but it's motorhead , the band synonymous with "they always sound the same". So your point is invalid.
Most of the time bands lose a youthful spirit and drive after the first couple of albums though. There is a difference between staying on a path and being boring while doing so.
>>
>>74588263
pretty much every music reviewer is a n*male
>>
>>74588263
As a reviewer I have no problem giving a good opinion on late albums, the latest Napalm Death album for instance is a killer release
>>
>>74588263
Personally I've been guilty (?) of liking a band's first three albums (it's uncanny how often it's the first three) more than anything else, especially if they settle on a particular sound and stop evolving.

It takes a band's focused energy and creativity to keep things interesting for me. I'm not going to listen to a bands' entire ~50 record long catalogue if I already know what to expect from albums #4 to #50. They might all be good and consistent, but if they are too samey I can't be expected to keep interested.
>>
File: MetatronSH.jpg (2MB, 1228x1520px) Image search: [Google]
MetatronSH.jpg
2MB, 1228x1520px
>>74588276
Liturgy sounds like black metal played by angels.
>>
>>74588339
>one example contradicts you
>your entire argument is invalid
Either read more reviews or stop that reductionist bullshit
>>
>>74588374
Yeah the rest of the post i explained why the phenomenon you talk about REALLY happens
>>
>>74588263
I disagree with your sentiment. There are plenty bands that started with so-so albums and got better over time. Plenty made later career highlights, too—take Megadeth for example.
Otherwise, what you talk about is not always only due a bias or stigma. First, ever heard of the second album syndrome? Many bands need to secure the label deal and establish themselves with their first album. They take all the best ideas, accumulated over the years, and make one great record… And then they must make another one—but they're all out.
Second, you can't really invent the wheel twice. Some bands' first albums are hailed because they were so groundbreaking. But, then they do pretty much the same thing. So needless to say, the impact they make will be smaller.
>>
>>74588363
It sounds like black metal played by someone with no talent
I could legitimately write riffs on par with triple H
That said, his tendency to write in major gives it an anthemic and uplifting feeling.
>>
>>74588263
>Can people objectively review music?
What? What do you think that means?
>Well no shit Sherlock, since it's not the first album from the band you're listening to
The problem is not that people are disappointed that they don't get to listen to something new, the problem is that, much like inflation, if you get too much of a good thing, no matter how good, its overall value decreases. Suddenly the albums that helped establish that sound aren't that special anymore, and every other album that follows becomes virtually interchangeable, so that in the end you could even release literally the same album, rerecorded and with tweaked production and no one would care (see: Venom or Motörhead or Iron Maiden or any of the pioneering classics of the early 80s). Sure, since the albums that established the sound are good, it only means "hey, more good albums", but as I said, there comes a point of saturation where releasing the same "good" albums over and over again hurts the overall quality of the band's catalogue, and makes it hard to keep a genuine interest or enthusiasm for new releases. You've listened to the main albums, the ones that based the sound of everything that followed; why would you care about the byproducts?
>>
File: Left Hand Path - Folder.jpg (37KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
Left Hand Path - Folder.jpg
37KB, 400x400px
>>74588263
The debut and second album of most bands is usually the product of ideas, songs, motifs, melodies and whatnot that they've carried with them for a long time, and usually they take their timing refining their material as much as possible before going to the studio.
After they release that, usually comes a record label who will pressure them to create music as fast as possible, and most of the time they suck, or at the very least ain't as good as the debut. Of course, there's a lot of exceptions, but that seems to be the case with most bands I listen to. If the record label don't fuck them up the ass, they'll usually run out of ideas on the third album and will then begin to repeat themselves or mimic their influences.

Pic related. A steady downfall from the second album onward.
>>
>>74587967
generic brutal death metal doo doo
>>
>>74588422
write a song as good as returner and i'll give you 1000 bucks
>>
>>74588398
Which, funny enough, applies to Motörhead. So I think you should choose a better example before stumbling with your own argument and contradicting yourself.
>>
>>74588435
Funny how Entombed actually slowed down with time. Also I think their third album is great.
>>
>>74588453
Dude I'm saying for some bands it's like this and for some bands like that. You were acting like your assumption csn generally be applied to everything, but it's different for every case
>>
>>74588374
>>74588263
Metallica's first so many albums are consistently rated high by most people.
Slayer's first records are usually overshadowed by Reign in Blood and the several albums after it.
I mentioned Megadeth already.
Anthrax
Pantera
Death
Maiden
Priest

…Who's being anecdotal, again? You didn't even bother to name a single case.
>>
>>74588422
His riffs are great by black metal riff standards which is 99% forgettable mediocrity.
>>
>>74588263
When I really like a band I also don't expect them to release the same music over and over. Bands have to take risks to make sure they maintain the attention of their fans (eg Darkthrone)
>>
File: a2971740128_10.jpg (206KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
a2971740128_10.jpg
206KB, 1200x1200px
>>74588542
This.
>>
>>74588523
>You were acting like your assumption csn generally be applied to everything
No. All I said was that you picked the wrong example. Get over yourself.
>>74588525
>…Who's being anecdotal, again?
Literally you
>You didn't even bother to name a single case.
Most death and black metal from the late 80s to the mid 90s (especially the scandinavians)
Basically 100% of NWOBHM
Any niche genres like funeral doom or technical thrash
Thrash. Like, thrash. You can name your exceptions all you like and praise albums like Comma Of Souls (which IS excellent), but Kreator's first three albums are consistently rated as their best, and everything else, even when considered good, is "althought not like their first three" good.
The (good) melodic death scene
Grindcore in general, especially old school
Consistent black metal bands from the 2000s

I could go on, but it won't matter because you'll dig your way towards one exception that you'll consider deems the rule moot. As you've been doing so far.
>>
>>74588602
Also: Power metal (yes the whole genre) and shred (if we can consider it a genre, really)
>>
File: cover.jpg (292KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
292KB, 1000x1000px
>>74588602
>>74588624
also the whole tech/brutal dm scene from the mid-90s onward
>>
YOU NEVER WISHED ME "FARE THEE WELL"!
>>
File: James-Hetfield-happy.jpg (802KB, 1367x1635px) Image search: [Google]
James-Hetfield-happy.jpg
802KB, 1367x1635px
Yeah
Yeah
Yeah
ARE YOU ALIVE
Yeah
>>
>>74588602
>Any niche genres like funeral doom or technical thrash
and PSYCHEDELIC BLACK METAL
Oranssi Pazuzu and Forest Of Stars' first three albums were fresh and showed exciting development but holy crist did they become stagnant
>>
>>74588718
On a related note, same happened to Darkspace
>>
>>74588602
>As you've been doing so far.
It's several people replying to your blanket statement, not one.

Most NWOBHM and thrash burned out really hard after their heyday. See Anthrax, see all those thrashers who jumped the groove metal bandwagon. As for NWOBHM, they also burned out quick. There are some cases like Riot who continued making good records but not all of them. I consistently see their newer records getting high ratings—it's just few people care, but those who do rate them high.
The rest of the genres I can't judge really. But at least you've specified what you meant
>>
>>74588718
>Pazuzu
>stagnant
What's wrong with Värähtelijä? If anything it was an improvement over Valonielu.
>>
File: 514.jpg (50KB, 432x432px) Image search: [Google]
514.jpg
50KB, 432x432px
Are Dismember's other albums worth listening to?
>>
>>74588602
>You were acting like your assumption csn generally be applied to everything
>No. All I said was that you picked the wrong example. Get over yourself.

>Every single time I look at review sites, any given band's first two albums are given high scores then it's a constant decrease

>every
>single
>time
>>
>>74588760
>It's several people replying to your blanket statement, not one.
And I have the ability to know that how? I'll answer to the arguments presented to me in one post, instead of addressing each post individually. Pretty sure everyone does the same, and rightly so.
>see all those thrashers who jumped the groove metal bandwagon.
Totally forgot about groove. Another great example.
>>74588767
Not the guy who posted OP and AFOS, but I agree: As I said, nothing inherently wrong with the album. It's good, I liked it, but it's highly derivative of their previous one, which is the last one in which they showed any development. They've perfected their sound and have clearly decided to stay there for the rest of their careers (here's hoping I'm wrong), which was the point I tried to make here >>74588434
>>74588780
Yeah, their second and third but nothing more
>>
*saves /metal/*
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ssCL292DQA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1b8AhIsSYQ
>>
>>74588529
this
>>
>>74588780
Yes, basically all of them
Special love to "The god that never was" though. Melodeath done right.
>>
File: 1474854378597.jpg (200KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1474854378597.jpg
200KB, 1000x1000px
>>74588780
only listen to the first three albums
>>
>>74588793
Oh my God can't you fucking deal with hyperbole? Do you avoid using words like "everyone" and "everywhere" in case someone autistic enough challenges your statement by pointing out a distan exception they once experienced?

Do you not understand how language works and how sometimes we stretch meaning and generalise to make communication easier? Or are you trying to desperately clutch at straws in order to somehow dismantle my entire, verifiebla, easy and non-controversial statements?

Are you ok?
>>
>>74588263
>It's like later albums are always dismissed with "we've heard this before".
I see "what the fuck have you done to your sound?" far more often.
>>
>>74588834
Just saying you fucked up is all
>>
>>74588838
that's the other face of the coin
>>
>>74588850
Except I didn't. Firstly because the hyperbole you pointed out doesn't change either my overarching argument nor the fact that you picked a wrong example. All you managed to do was point out that "every single time" was an exaggeration, which I thought was obvious from the start. I'm sure anyone with a non-damaged brain assumed the same. Secondly because my point is still both verifiable and, since you've tacitly agreed to take popular opinion as valid, it's reflected on the opinions of most people posting here and in those "every single time" reviews.

You're fixating on semantics because you can't bring up enough evidence to prove anyone disagreeing with you wrong. It's time you drop it altogether.
>>
>>74588907
dude I'm not reading that, chill out
>>
>>74587204
I did, but it was rather boring
>>
>>74588925
Oh so you've been reading everything so far, thinking you had the upper hand and suddenly now you go "lol tl;dr"?

You could just SAY "I'm retarded and can't deal with words so I'm out SEE YA" and I would have accepted that.
>>
anybody check out the new Decapiwanked?
>>
>>74588947
"I'm retarded and can't deal with words so I'm out SEE YA"
>>
>>74588999
godspeed my dude
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIMxKUO4MpA
Pretty good
>>
>>74588602
Emperor got better with each album, Encucked and Ulver, too, not to mention Mayhem and Darkthrone.
>>
This kills the eternal nu-male
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1P17ct4e5OE
>>
>>74589022
and the best of luck to you too
>>
>>74589038
Emperor released only four albums, though. And Prometheus is so close to being basically Ihsahn's first solo album it's virtually a transition. Enslaved's original trilogy, regardless of whether you prefer viking black or prog viking somethingorother, are consistently rated as their best works, and same goes for Ulver's trilogie. Don't get me wrong, I love pretty much everything those bands have done (though Enslaved gets pretty repetitive and predictable and boring after Isa), but they're terrible examples to counter the argument some of us have been doing on the whole "first three albums best three albums".
>>
>>74589025
love em, check out satanic abortion and axnaar if ur hankering for even more noisy evil
>>
>>74587912
check out "The Falls of Rauros - The Light that Dwells in Rotten Wood"
>>
>>74589111
you're right
>>
So which metal bands have good lyrics?
>Type O Negative
>Acid Bath
>Avenged Sevenfold
>Death
Who else would you add?
>>
>>74589197
unironically cradle of filth
>>
>>74589197
Why gorod the only good nu-tech-death band of course.
>>
>>74589197
A shitload. It'd be easier if we were to specify lyrical themes
>>
>>74589197
>acid bath
the lyrics are bad in a good way
or like
there's osmething about it
it only works because of the vocals and the context of the music maeks it worskk soemhow i dk how to put this lol :x
>>
>>74589197
dio
>>
>>74589197
>which metal bands have good lyrics?
none of them
>>
>>74589229
As sickening as they are, I find the lyrics quite poetic.
>>74589227
Well if you have a lot you can choose a theme to pick from. I always thought metal stereotypically had crap lyrics, so if you can think of plenty bands that don't follow that then I'd be interested.
>>
>>74588450
>>74588529
https://vocaroo.com/i/s1UznYkmFduE
>>
>>74589273
nice ildjarn cover
>>
>>74589197
>ToN
>A7X
>Death
>good lyrics
lol
>>
>>74589197
>Avenged Sevenfold

The only good songs they ever wrote for their entire career we're A Little Piece of Heaven and Bat Country.
>>
>>74589197
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2EY6urC4tg
all perfect
>>
>>74589197
Immortal
>>
>>74589262
Don't get me wrong, most metal has subpar lyrics, but there are so many metal bands, subgenres and styles that you're bound to find gold in almost every cathegory. Voivod 1987-1989 did the whole techno-dystopia theme with grace. Deathspell Omega's theological exegesis is nothing short of legendary, and if you like impressionist, quasi-surreal lyrics then bands like Ved Buens Ende, Furze and Ebonylake have done some great work. Ulver itself, in its two metal albums, mastered a very elegant and romanticist style of chapter-based storytelling. There's more, but that's what comes to mind right now.
>>
FOR
THE LAST TIIME
I WILL ASK
YOU TO JOIN MY CAUUUUUUSE
>>
>>74589273
Your intonation sounds pretty shitty. You need to work on your fretting hand.
>>
>>74589347
Explain why they don't have good lyrics.
>>74589349
Even if that's true, it's irrelevant
>>
>>74589355
This band has the very worst drum sound I've ever heard in metal
Genuinely unlistenable, which is a shame cause the vocalist is wonderful
>>
>>74589232
This. Dio might be a larping nerd, but heck, his lyrics can be really memorable
>Never tell a secret with your eyes
>It's the eyes that let you down
>Tell a little truth with many lies
>It's the only way I've found

>Looking inside of yourself
>You might see someone you don't know
>Maybe it's just what you need
>Letting the river in you flow

That's just from the top of my head
>>
>>74589370
It's relevant to the claim you made dude. They shouldn't be on your list. If your basing your standards for good lyrics off those bands you will be praising some pretty mediocre lyric writers overall.
>>
>>74589366
>Deathspell Omega's theological exegesis is nothing short of legendary,
Well that is certainly one way to sell a band. I think I'll give them a listen.
>>
>>74589370
>Explain why they don't have good lyrics
They're extremely average, and not well-written.
>>
>>74589397
another fucking semantics discussion in 3,2,1... GO! So happy for /metal/ right now
>>
>>74589384
I was joking, because most of his lyrics are about nothing

>Ride the tiger
>You can see his stripes but you know he's clean
>Oh don't you see what I mean
no dio, I don't

still an excellent vocalist tho
>>
>>74587912
Everything else sucks. This is the best.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RaoVdzo00lI&t=1004s
>>
>>74589197
Galneryus
>>
what album is Justifiable Homicide from? I downloaded LAES and it was there, but it also appeared in Massive Killing Capacity
>>
>>74589399
If the music itself wasn't enough to sell the band to you then I'm not sure the lyrics alone will cut it, my dude.
>>
File: layne-staley-3.jpg (145KB, 900x750px) Image search: [Google]
layne-staley-3.jpg
145KB, 900x750px
>>74589197
Alice in Chains
>>
>>74589470
>Justifiable Homicide
Casket Garden EP
>>
going camping soon. Any metal to enhance my outdoorsy experience?
>>
>>74589440
that's kinda ignorant of you
>The tiger symbolizes strength, while its stripes suggest impurity. The lines “Ride the tiger. You can see his stripes but you know he’s clean” means that you must take advantage of the strength you have and not judge the heart of others by what seem to be impurities – these stripes – in the package it comes in.
>>
File: Rings Of Saturn.jpg (453KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Rings Of Saturn.jpg
453KB, 600x600px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNpRcqes5Ec
>>
>>74589538
Jesus Christ that is terrible
>>
File: cover.jpg (282KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
282KB, 600x600px
>>74589534
there's an entire style literally just for that: forest rock
>>
>>74589538
Shit band
>>
>>74589536
seems like a bit of overanalising but I see what you mean

still most of his songs don't have a clear story or message, and are a bit all over the place lyrically
>>
>>74589566
if you want terrible i can provide more
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XTI3hIGCTk&list=LLJJmsQ0auHxJgKVUij6uXig&index=3
>>
>>74589591
>overanalising
It's from his interview, dude!

>still most of his songs don't have a clear story or message, and are a bit all over the place lyrically
He uses a lot of symbolism, but no. Just read his interviews
>>
File: 2330[1].jpg (34KB, 692x689px) Image search: [Google]
2330[1].jpg
34KB, 692x689px
This is my favorite Gorgoroth album
>>
What is the best atmospheric black metal albums in your opinion?
>>
>>74589678
nice blog post
>>
File: R-401635-1326191620.jpeg.jpg (90KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
R-401635-1326191620.jpeg.jpg
90KB, 600x600px
>>74589678
no it isn't, this one is
>>
>>74589686
Burzum - Skeleton Laying on the Side of the Road
>>
File: 115.jpg (50KB, 344x344px) Image search: [Google]
115.jpg
50KB, 344x344px
>>74587912
Summoning - Let Mortal Heroes Sing Your Fame
>>
>>74589686
Bergtatt
Filosofem
Rdjandalir
>>
>>74589197
Unironically cannibal corpse, the stories are just too entertaining
>>
I'd like some Old school tech-death attempts that are not the usual Cynic/Atheist/Necrophagist/Pestilence, anyone ?
>>
File: cover.jpg (121KB, 1211x1200px) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
121KB, 1211x1200px
>>74589798
can't go wrong with the first tech death album that's also a concept album about schizophrenia
>>
>>74589748
As if having to watch your family get decapitated, then getting buried up to the neck and then being stoned with the severed heads of your family is entertaining in any way!
Another favorite is "Followed home then killed", it's almost as if they ran out of creative murder methods and said, fuck it let's go really basic.
>>
>>74589355
go away IA
>>
>>74589197
Pardon, please, the narrow
Confinement of your limbs;
Unfortunately, it's necessary
For your correction;
Shriek to your heart's
Content, if you wish;
I promise you pain and
Nightmares, in that sequence.
>>
>>74589197
Autopsy

>>74589748
Similar to what this guy is saying
>>
>>74589818
lyrics are gorgeous!

Lying there in a small crib
Naked and innocent
Just loosing my virginity
Only four years old
A menacing man above me
He's my own father!

My legs and arms are limp
Crushed by confusion
Lascivious eyes stare at me
I've never seen before
Musty smell in the air
Diffusing body odor

Feeling like a pig ravished and abused
Praying for my god
The old man with the long white beard

A hurting abdomen, a grieved soul
Tears are running from my eyes
I don't know what's going on
Cries, screams of despair
Fathers slaps in my face
"Shut up little cunt"

Feeling like a pig
Ravished and abused
Praying for my god
The old man with the long white beard

[Lead: Roderer]

Satisfaction - father is groaning
Humiliation - treated like a shitheap
Observation - my brain is empty
Anxiety - father, never do it again!
Atrocity -fear in my eyes
Inbreeding - my body is deseased
Shame - mother won't be told
Some human beings are repulsive animals

[Lead: Roderer]

After a while - the pain is over
Disgusting - full of serous mucus
Genitals - blood runs from my legs
An ugly smile - my father leaves the room
Misery - I'm feeling sick
Depression - I clasp Teddy in my arms
Loneliness - nobody who helps
Some human beings are repulsive animals

First you tried to repress
Then you established:
This nightmare will ever be
Deep in your subconscious
>>
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEXIIIIIIIIIT LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT
>>
File: xd.jpg (24KB, 975x600px) Image search: [Google]
xd.jpg
24KB, 975x600px
I BUMP YOUR THREAD. THAT'S MY ATTACK!
>>
I'm a newfag when it comes comes to black metal, /mu/. Can someone dumb it down for me and explain how it's different from death metal and thrash? I mean the sound, not the lyrical themes.
>>
File: spurdo freud.jpg (114KB, 1200x719px) Image search: [Google]
spurdo freud.jpg
114KB, 1200x719px
>>74589857
>>
>>74589919
black is about taking it in the ass, death and thrash are about giving it in the ass
>>
>>74589919
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ji2q8lRtEgQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mfvSSl9L9M
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKbeRqqivdw

If you can't tell the obvious differences between these, there's something wrong with your ears anon.
>>
>>74589834
I feel like I had this exact conversation before, at least 2 times. Also how they give different spins to violent stuff imho it's the best
>>74589846
Mah nigga autopsy has god tiers stories too
>>
>>74589919
Black metal was kind of a reaction to how technical death metal was getting and it went in a more minimalist direction. Also black metal bands tend to be more interested in texture and soundscapes (that's not just true of the ambient black metal bands)
>>
>>74589919
>Black Metal is a sub-genre of Metal typified by its usually raw or under-produced sound and Satanic/rebellious aesthetic, as well as simplistic guitar phrases and under-accentuated rhythmic dimensions which allow more power for the atmospheric, detached and wandering riffs. Vocals are often higher pitched than Death Metal (or, screams rather than Death Metal's grunts) and can sound detached or unnervingly direct.

>Death Metal is a Metal sub-genre that began in the United States in the mid 1980s and was heavily influenced by Thrash Metal… . This genre often utilizes abrupt changes in tempo, key, and time signature, although this is not present in all forms of this music. Guitars are heavily distorted and down-tuned, and are often played using techniques such as palm muting and tremolo picking. Chromatic chord progressions are often featured in Death Metal songs. Death Metal drummers typically play in very fast patterns and often employ double bass drum techniques and the use of blast beats to create a highly aggressive sound. Vocally, Death Metal uses a style consisting largely of guttural growls, grunts, and gurgles. Lyrics are bleak and often violent or anti-religious.
>>
File: Dr Grishnackh, I'm CIA.jpg (20KB, 295x487px) Image search: [Google]
Dr Grishnackh, I'm CIA.jpg
20KB, 295x487px
>>74589919
>lo-fi sound
>standard tuning
>tremolo riffs
>screeched, higher vocals
>absence of palm muted power chords
>>
>>74589919
The only effective way to learn the difference is to listen to as much as you can. If, along the way, you realise you're not enjoying it, then learning the difference is not even worth it.
>>
>>74589604
I legitimately like this album.

Can't wait for their split with Cheerleader Concubine.
>>
>>74587912
~brand spanking new~

https://khazaddumband.bandcamp.com/
>>
>>74590005
filename got a chuckle outta me
>>
>>74589961
I wasn't saying I couldn't, I just wanted it in wording
>>
File: ux7j1u.jpg (4MB, 2400x2400px) Image search: [Google]
ux7j1u.jpg
4MB, 2400x2400px
How's the new Cormorant?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5AfdrE4K320
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oO_qZg11IBs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myBi8l45Uik
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdSYagjM22Q
>>
>>74590045
Yeah, to be honest I love the instrumentals in black metal but I much prefer growling to screeching. High-pitched sounds make me feel sick.
>>
File: cover.jpg (873KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
873KB, 1000x1000px
>>74590540
There's a lot of growling and low-screeching (if one can call it that) in black metal, though. You ever listened to pic related?
>>
>>74590571
Oh, that's good. What's the name, kind anon?
>>
>>74589197
Vektor - Terminal Redux
>>
File: HelloweenKOTSK1.jpg (24KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
HelloweenKOTSK1.jpg
24KB, 480x360px
DR STEIN
>>
>>74589197
Lemmy wrote some fucking great lyrics, especially in the last half of Motörhead's timespan
>>
>>74589678
It's the best Gorgoroth album, Hat's shrieks are legendary.

>>74589700
no, but that is their second best
>>
File: 1453235560641.jpg (37KB, 437x464px) Image search: [Google]
1453235560641.jpg
37KB, 437x464px
>>74590540
>high pitched sounds make me feel sick

Look out guys we've got baby ears over here.
>>
>>74590594
It's Deathspell Omega's first worthwhile album, Si Monvmentvm Reqvires, Circvmspice. After two albums that are mere 2nd wave worship, this album here pretty much kickstarted the "orthodox black metal" movement, with lots of bands aping its sound to lesser and greater success. After that album the band quickly became more experimental and technical, which is actually what they're most well known for, so it's kind of a one-off transitory album. Still, it's catchy, memorable and excellently structured (it was originally going to be released as three EPs, each opening with a "prayer"). I'm much more fond of their insane latter works (especially Fas - Ite[...]), but SMRC is pretty much a must to anyone into post-2nd wave bm.
>>
rec me some atmoshit, been listening to Old Graves and Ellende a lot recently.
>>
>>74590660
No, just super sensitive [spoiler] aspie [/spoiler] ears
>>
>>74590673
Thank you!
>>
File: cover.jpg (693KB, 1397x1394px) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
693KB, 1397x1394px
>>74590682
Vinterriket is pretty good, if you can stomach three to four pure ambient tracks for every black metal track. But I think the best atmoblack project out there is SieghetnaR, especially the string of 30 min long, one-track "demos" they released around 2008-2009
>>
File: v&e.jpg (129KB, 770x998px) Image search: [Google]
v&e.jpg
129KB, 770x998px
>>74590005
biopic when?
>>
>>74590471
Not an expert on this but I'll try.
Thrash was the forefather of death metal, and influenced black metal too. It blended fast beat and raw energy of hardcore punk with shredding guitar riffs of metal.
Death metal was pretty much the direct evolution of thrash. First, it incorporated growls/screams instead of clean vocals and shouting. Second, it made abrupt changes in song and blast beats a staple of the genre. This is the more energetic/heavy/technical offspring of thrash, basically the genre on steroids.
Black, on the other hand, went the way of more atmospheric or ambient sound, also often incorporating folk/classical melody elements. It focuses somewhat less on technical aspect of things and sheer technical/fast/energetic playing and is usually a bit more hypnotic, with accent on atmospheric darkness and evil.
>>
Can someone rec me some albums? Don't really care which genre so long as theyre good.
>>
can I get uhhh blast beats in thrash metal
>>
File: cover.jpg (168KB, 1024x1023px) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
168KB, 1024x1023px
>>74590940
sure thing m8
>>
>>74590936
Fyrnask's Eldir Nott, Num Skull's Ritually Abused and Abigor's Channeling The Quintessence Of Satan
>>
File: cover.jpg (214KB, 1000x982px) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
214KB, 1000x982px
>>74590936
Sort Vokter - Folkloric Necro Metal
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilazstq20ZY
>>
>>74589355
top kek

>>74589374
Agree it sounds like a fucking woodpecker hitting your skull
>>
File: 197380.jpg (50KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
197380.jpg
50KB, 600x600px
what is some essentia doublebasscore?
>>
File: what's up with that.jpg (74KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
what's up with that.jpg
74KB, 640x640px
not metal but worth
>>
>>74591093
the first krisiun album is fucking kaos incarnate, everyone is just like playing independendly of each other. The more they got in sync, the worse the albums got.
>>
File: download.jpg (8KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
8KB, 225x225px
Thoughts? Also similar recs would be appreciated
>>
>>74591223
their previous album was better, but this one was solid, too.
check out Horrendous and Phrenelith
>>
>>74589197
dark tranquillity
>>
>>74589727

His isn't really atmospheric black anon.

That would be more like Mare Cognitum, Battle Dagorath, Pillars and Earth, Passage d'Hiver
>>
>>74590673
I'm listening now and I love it, thanks anon
>>
>>74591223
ayyy good album
>>
>>74591321
No problemo. Try Mayhem's Ordo Ad Chao for more strangeness and a wildly varied vocals. It's like black metal that's been buried for a month and exhumed.
>>
>>74590540
Revenge's 2015 release is for you
>>
>>74591275
>Horrendous
i saw them with kreator and obituary
they're an odd one
not very confident on the stage at all
>>
>>74590540
Suffering Hour
>>
>>74591407
When I saw them open for Tribulation, they performed amazingly. They were super confident, sounded AMAZING and played the songs perfectly.
Maybe when you saw them they were having an off night.
>>
>>74591435
or maybe they try to sound bad and when you saw them they were having an off night
>>
>>74591522
I dunno man. I bought their bassist a beer after. They were really nice dudes.
>>
>>74590540
Havukruunu is a good bet for you i think
>>74591435
they played the songs well, but there was very little audience interaction and the frontman just didnt seem up to getting people hyped
>>
>>74591223
check out gatecreeper - Sonoran Deprivation
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (111KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
111KB, 1920x1080px
What are some other good space rock/metal bands out there?
>>
>>74591600
I second this, fantastic album
>>
>>74591600
>>74591617
Flamethrower tho
>>
>>74591630
I am unfamiliar with "flamethrower".
>>
any good blackened crust?
>>
>>74591608
Classic ones? Pretty much Hawkwind and early U.F.O.
If you care for the 80s psychedelic revival then Spacemen 3 is pretty much obligatory
>>
>>74591655
Arnaut Pavle
>>
>>74591653
It's the 2nd to last song on Sonoran right before Grotesque Impalement.
>>
>>74591655
Totem Skin, Lightbearer, Vestiges.
>>
Is doom metal the subgenre with the highest amount of mediocre, forgettable bands?
>>
>>74591719
oh true, you right. Desperation is probably my favorite overall track off that album.
>>
>>74591737
Impossible to tell (thought I wager it's between black metal and goregrind)
>>
>>74591737
That would probably be Death or Thrash desu
>>
>>74591737
Probably thrash
>>
>>74591737
have you never looked at the newest thrash metal releases on bandcamp
>>
>>74591737
Nah thats bedroom black metal
>>
>>74591773
>releases on bandcamp
SE Asia has been spitting hundreds of indstinguishable and shitty goregrind bands since before the Internet was what it is
>>
>>74591748
>>74591769
>>74591773
I mean doom got really popular in the late 00's. Look at any one of those "Stoned Weed Doom lol" channels on YouTube. So many forgettable bands.
>>
>>74591815
still doesn't compare to the enormous amount of cookie cutter black metal and thrash bands that have existed throughout the genre's existence.
>>
>>74591815
Stoner is still going incredibly strong since 2010 I think, lots of mediocre bands but nothing near bedroom black metal, which is bound to release heaps of shit (and rarely good stuff) forever
>>
Good blackened thrash?
>>
>>74591737
it is incredibly easy to make completely redundant black metal
>>
>>74591873
Early Bathory, Vulcano, Sarcófago, Merciless, arguably Schizo, Aura Noir

stop there
>>
>>74591873
Bulldozer
>>
>>74591912
fuck, I forgot >>74591929
>>
File: folder.jpg (622KB, 1440x1440px) Image search: [Google]
folder.jpg
622KB, 1440x1440px
More like this lads. I need more!
>>
>>74591912
>>74591929
add earliest sodom and destruction
>>
>>74591991
see
>>74591912
>>74591929
>>74592009
and add Hellhammer/Celtic Frost/A Blaze[...]
>>
File: thereturn.jpg (102KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
thereturn.jpg
102KB, 1440x1080px
>>74591991
Why not step it up a notch?
>>
I need some crusty death metal though...
>>
Is it normal that bonded by blood make my dick cry
>>
Recc me some original albums, I remember someone posting an album that only had bass and drums as example.
>>
>>74592046
>implying UTSOTBM doesn't one-up everything TR had to offer
>>
>>74592021
>Hellhammer/Celtic Frost
so mandatory it didn't even cross my mind
>>
File: cover.jpg (159KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
159KB, 1000x1000px
>>74592071
There are several of those. Pretty much all of Cause For Effect is D'n'B grind

but whatever, posting the obligatory post
>>
>>74592098
Thanks, I will check it out
>>
File: cover.jpg (186KB, 953x953px) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
186KB, 953x953px
>>74592071
Any old school, pioneering album was original when it first came out
>>
File: a2700833321_10.jpg (349KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
a2700833321_10.jpg
349KB, 1200x1200px
>>74592071
This and Reflections Of A Floating World. Elder are like the only stoner band doing something new and interesting that isn't just "dude weed sabbath lmao"
>>
>>74592147
I like this album, I found it on a youtube playlist, good one.
>>
>>74592147
>something new
it's still dude weed lmao with a new wallpaper and carpet
>>
File: bfd.jpg (15KB, 300x298px) Image search: [Google]
bfd.jpg
15KB, 300x298px
>>74592074
this is the best bathory album anyways
>>
>>74592060

Vallenfyre. Their first album "A Fragile King" is probably the one with most DM on it
>>
>>74592219
Not really. It's transitional and inconsistent. The black/thrash it offers isn't better than the one on UTSOTBM and the viking elements are but a demo version on what was to come in Hammerheart, TOTI and whatever wasn't re-recorded from Blood On Ice. I think people put that album in high esteem because of how iconic the title track is, but even that isn't as remarkable as the average Hammerheart track
>>
>>74592071
Om
>>
>>74591873
Black Fast
>>
File: download.jpg (14KB, 239x211px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
14KB, 239x211px
>>74592071

just drums and bass here too
>>
Would you wear this?
>>
>>74592282
ah, I like them too.
>>
>>74592290
>Well Bitch
>>
>>74592291
Would you pay me to?
>>
>>74591873
Skeletonwitch
>>
>>74592275
i unironically think the black thrashers are the best part about that album. the golden walls of heaven is hell awaits on freebase nuns blood. dies irae is so aggressive and atmospheric it sounds like the end of the world. and i also strongly prefer the guitar tone to that on under the sign.
>>
File: atheist meme.jpg (102KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
atheist meme.jpg
102KB, 600x600px
>>74592291
upboated
>>
File: t9ndd8jvynez.jpg (36KB, 580x435px) Image search: [Google]
t9ndd8jvynez.jpg
36KB, 580x435px
>>74589732
>he thinks Bergtatt is atmoblack
>>
>>74592779
glad you agree
>>
this general went worryingly well, especially compared to the previous two
>>
>>74592308
>Bath Uncle
>>
>>74592291
Season 3 has been awful
>>
>>74592904
That's what hype + hiatus does to shows/bands
>>
File: 1496638325057.jpg (60KB, 500x492px) Image search: [Google]
1496638325057.jpg
60KB, 500x492px
>>74592904
>>74592945
>there are people on /meal/ who actually watch reddit: the show
let this sink in for a minute, /r/metal
>>
>>74592060
Spinebreaker - Ice Grave
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K91zBypRwdI
>>
>>74593039
/metal/ is literally the only place where I see that show (and countless other stuff, like Douglas Adams) in any way linked to reddit. Clearly you know that site much better than I do.

Also I don't watch the show, but I've seen this "long hiatus after a highpoint full to the brim with hype leads to absolute disappointment" formula too many times; it's hard NOT to recognise it.
>>
what metal motif would you tattoo?
I'd probably go with something form DsO covers
>>
File: frittata.png (211KB, 1402x736px) Image search: [Google]
frittata.png
211KB, 1402x736px
>>74593115
/co/ shits on it pretty constantly too.
>>
>>74593124
>would you tattoo?
no
>>
>>74593124
Batlord's Goat.
>>
Anyone remembers this song that was posted a couple of days ago? Another anon asked "how does he not damage his vocal cords"? I forgot to pirate it off youtube and now I accidentally cleared my browser history after watching porn and can't find it.
>>
>>74593167
I don't really see the problem. That cartoon seems to me the logical conclusion of this decade's infatuation with corrupted nostalgia, pop culture references and non sequiturs (also known as the lol so random effect). It was a matter of time before a cartoon that was nothing BUT that would show up just when the whole internet-culture-leaking-into-the-mainstream debacle reached a noisy climax and invariably conquer the entire 25-30 year old demographic.

The fact the new season seems to be disappointing so many people should serve as a hopeful sign that that trend is beginning its quick decline. Hopefuly, with it, the whole "lol check my meems" shitfad will start to fade too.
>>
>>74593224
3/10 had me going until that clumsy "pirate it off youtube" line. Next time space out the trigger words a bit so it takes longer to sink in
>>
>>74593224
NOW WE KNOW
THIS IS TROLL
ME SERIOUS
>>
>>74593271
Come on, I know torrenting music is a taboo here but no one is going to catch you for downloading albums off youtube.
>>
>>74593167
what's the cartoon being referenced on the right?
>>
###74593323
>torrenting music
0/10 nah man weak ass shit you're just out to get some (You)s now
>>
>>74593115
I came to reddit not knowing what the site was (where I live no one has any idea about what is reddit and the liberal fedora numales surrounding it). Quit when the 2016 election was coming, the degree of the Bernie circlejerk reached its peak.
Anyway, they fap on Rick and Morty all day long. So unwillingly I saw some memes from that embarrassing garbage of a show, and I must say if you enjoy this shit, you're either underage or a manbaby. So you totally belong to reddit.
>>
>>74593356
retarded short lived adult swim attempt at being the RANDOMNEST XD #98345974
>>
>>74593356
Xavier Renegade Angel, it's Avant-teen the cartoon, but with some funny moments.
>>
>>74593372
>I came to reddit not knowing what the site was
sure thing bub
Also if you actually read the rest of my post you'll see that I don't watch the show.

Nice try, though, redditer.
>>
>>74593399
>Xavier Renegade Angel
looks like shit made in garry's mod
>>
Post actually catchy glam

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WU6DpFFWTM
>>
>>74593444
And that's why millenials ate it aaal up like it was their daddy's dick juice.
>>
>>74593356
>>74593399
>>74593444
kek I forgot all about Xavier

that cartoon is real nice
>>
>>74590525

Great artwork desu senpai
>>
>>74593705
>they
who
>>
File: 1000x1000.jpg (175KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1000x1000.jpg
175KB, 1000x1000px
>can't even listen to pic related without retards mentioning some korean world of warcraft player
>>
>>74593904
did you make that on fuckin cooltext.com
>>
>>74593904
fuck off
>>
File: 1502799720737.jpg (39KB, 391x447px) Image search: [Google]
1502799720737.jpg
39KB, 391x447px
Is Italian power metal the most epic power metal?
>>
File: cooltext255180780853423.png (16KB, 284x88px) Image search: [Google]
cooltext255180780853423.png
16KB, 284x88px
>>74593904
am well respected grafic desiner

pls money order fonts from me
>>
File: Malina.jpg (354KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Malina.jpg
354KB, 1024x1024px
It leaked
>>
>>74594058
Finnish or go home.
>>
>>74594084
>no watermark
im stealin this
>>
File: cooltext255181296074735.png (98KB, 1874x104px) Image search: [Google]
cooltext255181296074735.png
98KB, 1874x104px
>>74594171
>>
>>74592071
>only bass and drums
Geryon is one of the better examples of this, and it's tech death which is pretty unique
>>
>>74594189
shh stolen
>>
>>74594084
Do I get a discount for missing letters?
>>
>>74594212
actually you pay more because it's dank
>>
>>74594084
>>74593929
>>74593938
I just wanted to help
And of course for free, it's just a hobby
But fuck you anyway
>>
>>74594058
>Hey look at me Mario, I'm a warrior!

>>74594084
Step aside m8.
>>
>>74594261
>wanted to help
Who? With what? What's the situation that requires help and who's involved?
>>
>>74593772
he only used them in a shitty expansion video
>>
>>74594267
too much bling-bling
we aren't basketball players, you nigger
>>
File: cooltext255182091409662.png (41KB, 316x110px) Image search: [Google]
cooltext255182091409662.png
41KB, 316x110px
>>74594261
how much do you charge for one like this?
>>
>>74594312
Is that the Cops logo
>>
>>74594329
original logo pls do not steal
>>
File: cover.jpg (931KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
931KB, 1000x1000px
>Nuclear Blast: how do you want your mastering senpai
>Wiligh Force: just brickwall our shit up
>>
>>74594417
>Heroes of Mighty Magic
How do they get away with shit like this
>>
File: lXSWGjR_d.jpg (33KB, 640x608px) Image search: [Google]
lXSWGjR_d.jpg
33KB, 640x608px
How do I find enjoyment back from music lads
I can barely listen to full albums anymore
>>
File: Inferno-in.png (313KB, 800x373px) Image search: [Google]
Inferno-in.png
313KB, 800x373px
>>74594487
>not picking Inferno
>>
File: twilight force.jpg (109KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
twilight force.jpg
109KB, 640x360px
>>74594487
>>
>>74594541
>listening to the same artist for more than 10 minutes
autism
>>
>>74594541
what stuff do you listen to, usually?
>>
>>74594541
how the fuck are we supposed to work with this

go to a therapist or do heavy drugs or something, fucking limp dick
>>
>>74594573
>go to a rapist
Jesus anon that's a bit extreme and not one bit exciting
>>
>>74594598
Just like the music you're trying to regain love for, and yourself, respectively
>>
>>74594541
Listen to the local FM radio, it always does the trick for me.
Or play the latest top 40 playlist on youtube, you'll come crawling back to your usual stuff 3 videos in.
You also could just give it a break, no big deal.
>>
>>74594544
my least favorite town taht isn't Conflux
>>
>>74594559
I only rate an album 5 star if there is a song on it that I listened to on repeat 50+ times in a row.
>>
File: 1394975426878.jpg (229KB, 740x740px) Image search: [Google]
1394975426878.jpg
229KB, 740x740px
>>74594636
>Listen to the local FM radio
>play the latest top 40 playlist on youtube
>>
>>74594663
post it
>>
>>74594566
P much everything that sounds good to me, whether it's metal, bleeps, jazz, rock, punk, folk or classical
But now, after I came back from vacations, I can barely listen to anthing at all. I don't even know why. Even when i come back to my favorite albums I feel like it's missing something.
>>74594636
I tried listening to pop music, but it gets boring after a while and it doesn't make me want to come back to what I used to enjoy
>>
>>74594636
>get done listening to Bolt Thrower, Incantation, Immolation and Morbid Angel
>get to take a break and go to YT to queue up some DJ Khaled videos
>don't even last a minute and immediately go back to blaring Suffocation
>>
>>74594723
wow dude, you are truly as metal as they come
>>
File: m.png (72KB, 1037x705px) Image search: [Google]
m.png
72KB, 1037x705px
>>74594681
This is top of my iTunes library. Albums only get into it if I listened to them a lot already.
When I download something I usually open it in Foobar since it's faster, and don't have to worry about libraries and shit. If I don't like it I delete it, if I still like it after a while it goes into the library.

I do have a lot of other bands a few scrolls down, the list lies a bit since the oldest songs get the most plays. I listen to a lot more melodeath, doom, symphonic and such recently.
>>
File: gluey porch treatments.jpg (19KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
gluey porch treatments.jpg
19KB, 480x360px
>>74589197
Motörhead.
Melvins in their own way, but I think its the whole package - album covers and names together dont make much sense, song names are like what you'd get from random sentence generator and lyrics are so different compare to many other metal bands, not to mention they dont follow any typical structures its like spoken word or something.
Cant explain it well.
>>
>>74594824
>bland media player
>power metal, power metal everywhere
>genre: metal (no attempt to categorize into subgenres)
>ranking tracks instead of albums
>515 (five hundred and fifteen) plays of their worst track
Nah, you're actually alright anon just bustin' your balls
>>
File: 555comeonnow.jpg (25KB, 600x375px) Image search: [Google]
555comeonnow.jpg
25KB, 600x375px
>>74594885
>Motörhead
>good lyrics
>>
>>74594931
I MAKE LOVE TO MOUNTAIN LIONS
>>
>>74594686
Ummm can't help you much with this. Sometimes I also do feel like starting from scratch and listening to something completely different, usually after some emotional changes or whatever. Just to change the picture.
But since you listen to so much varied stuff, I guess I can't help you much… Maybe you just need to take a break and get back into the daily flow of life. But it's just a thought
>>
File: m2.png (55KB, 945x615px) Image search: [Google]
m2.png
55KB, 945x615px
>>74594914
The Genre:Metal is mainly there to keep them separate from my anime playlist.
>>
>>74594993
>>74594993
>>74594993
>>
>>74594931
if ya like to gambol
i tell you I'm yo man
win sum lose sum its all the same to me
>>
File: 1440553991056.png (19KB, 509x411px) Image search: [Google]
1440553991056.png
19KB, 509x411px
>>74594992
>>
File: spurdo thumbs up kid.png (9KB, 508x497px) Image search: [Google]
spurdo thumbs up kid.png
9KB, 508x497px
>>74594992
>my anime playlist.
>>
>>74591815
As a Doom and Stoner fan I gotta say the strength of both genres might be because of the simplicity - throw me some downtuned guitars, chuggachugga riffs, audible and bulldozing bass with some manic solos here and there and its all good. Lyrics, I dont care much.
Just give me some primitive, thundering, twisted offspring of Blues.
>>
>>74589197
Pig destroyer
Deathspell omega
Mgla
Thread posts: 322
Thread images: 67

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.