[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to listen?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: mbdtf.jpg (48KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
mbdtf.jpg
48KB, 300x300px
I am interested in giving MBDTF a try bc many people put it as Kanye's best album, but I was wondering if there was a specific reason why. Also, is there a context/lens that I should listen to the album through to appreciate it more?
>>
first off, in general coming to mu and asking questions like this is not a good idea most of the time, youre just gonna find memes

mbdtf is a great album primarily for its production and maximalistic tendencies straight from the firls track, almost every song feels huge, grand, and powerful. also, kanye isnt the best lyricist in general, but it could be argued that this album is his peak, which certainly doesnt hurt

i dont think you should necessarily be searching for a context to appreciate the album, but it came out after the whole "lel kanye is an asshole xD" meme really was ingrained in the public opinion and was kind of a second wind for his career as a whole

hope this helps
>>
>>74587629
fpbp

OP I'm not sure what you mean by listening through a lens to appreciate it more.
>>
No context needed.

MBDTF is mostly appreciated when you account it as Kanye's "Comeback record". Prior to this album, he lost his mother, he had the grammy controversy, he had a break-up, and 808s and Heartbreaks was some sort of break for his discography.

For this album, the production and the number of guest artists involved is HUGE. You have old school rappers (Raekwon, RZA...), newcomers at the time (Pusha T, Drake) and friends of Ye (Jay-Z, Rick Ross...) as well as unexpected ones (Elton John, Bon Iver...). You also have a variety of emotions on this album: maximalist productions (All of the lights), powerful piano ballads (Blame Game & Runaway), and boastful Rants (POWER).

To be fair, it's not my favourite album of his, but I appreciate the cult it gets.
>>
Don't.

Don't listen to Kanye or any hip hop, it's all awful
>>
>>74587485
>Kanye's best album
You mispelled Yeezus fag
That just their stupid /mu/ opinion.
>>
Your first listen is all you need to know if you like it or not. Theres nothing deep or hard to get about it.
>>
>>74587485
drive through a big city at night, the key here is that you need lights, and you need to be in a modern setting
>>
>>74587853
Correct.
>>
>>74587485
Needs music to be explained to him
Especially one of a simple, accessible genre
Especially a universally regarded one
Especially one made by a pop artist
>Not autism
>>
>>74587485
Generally would advise against listening to hip hop.
>>
>>74587718
>Pusha T
>Newcomer
Gtfo
>>
>>74588759
His solo career started in 2010.
>>
>>74587781
What the fuck are you doing on a music board telling people to not listen to music?
>>
>>74587853
You mispelled The Life of Pablo.
>>
Start off ironically, then over repeated listens you enjoy it. That's how I got into it
>>
>>74587853
>unironically thinking Yeezus is Kanye's best
>>
>>74589930
bait

>>74591332
bait
>>
>>74587853
>Not the college Dropout
Ok
>>
>>74587485
Honestly the best way to enjoy this is to enjoy his other work before enjoying this. It's a bit harder than his earlier stuff so you can experience that contrast.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.