[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/DBD/ David Bowie Daily

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: 8369b821b48deafd3e9c12f3f8f434ea.jpg (114KB, 1129x1000px) Image search: [Google]
8369b821b48deafd3e9c12f3f8f434ea.jpg
114KB, 1129x1000px
What is your favorite David Bowie album?

What are your favorite David Bowie songs?

Who is/are your favorite David Bowie character?

What are your favorite David Bowie stories and legends?

Any favorite David Bowie books, films,videos or articles?

Favorite bootlegs or unreleased material?

Discuss any news, upcoming releases, or anything Bowie related here

If you're musically inclined, show us your David Bowie covers and interpretations of David Bowie songs on vocaroo
>>
>>74587434
Favorite album is Low. Seriously some of the best music of the 20th century.
Favorite songs... God there's too many to count. A few big ones, though:
Sound And Vision
Breaking Glass
The Width Of A Circle
Oh! You Pretty Things
Quicksand
Soul Love
Panic In Detroit
Aladdin Sane
Young Americans
Station To Station
Golden Years
V2 Schneider
African Night Flight
Yassassin
DJ
It's No Game (Part 1)
Up The Hill Backwards
Cat People (Putting Out Fire) (the original one, not the one on Let's Dance)
Modern Love
Jump They Say
I Am With Name
We Prick You
I'm Afraid Of Americans
Thursday's Child
Cactus (yes i know it's a cover)
Pablo Picasso (ditto)
Looking For Water
Fall Dog Bombs The Moon
Valentine's Day
Sue (Or In A Season Of Crime)

Favorite character is his cameo in Twin Peaks. There's just something so PERFECT about that role.
>>
>>74587599
>African Night Flight
lodger such an underrated album

See they brought him back on TP? Was secretly hoping theyd have somehow filmed some new footage before he died but it was still cool. Was that an actually scene from FWWM or deleted/unsued stock?

Also can someone explain Ziggy Stardust album for me? I don't get why it's consider his best and a GOAT... has a few great songs but overall its like the weaker parts of Hunky Dory and Aladdin Sane combined
>>
Can we stop praising this Chad pop fuck?
>>
I love David Bowie.

His music is so edgy and underground.
>>
>>74587709
Ziggy Stardust is definitely a classic, but I'd agree with the comparison to Hunky Dory and Aladdin Sane. It's the album that really thrust David Bowie into the collective mainstream consciousness, which is why I think it's so well regarded despite not being as good as some of his other works. There's much better glam rock in his repertoire, but Ziggy is what everyone knows.
Also, did NOT know they brought him back on TP, that's pretty interesting. I have to rewatch the entire series before I get to the new stuff, though.
>>
For me, it's Sound and Vision
>>
wait did david bowie die or something?
>>
File: IMG_0413.jpg (118KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0413.jpg
118KB, 640x1136px
>>74587981
>picks an instrumental
>>
Station to Station, the ultimate Bowie album. And that's just facts.
>>
>>74589216
Sound and Vision has lyrics m88
>>
>>74589509
STS too creepy to be listenable
>>
>>74589670
It's not creepy at all. You want a creepy Bowie album, go with Outside.
>>
>>74589768
HAvent listened to it yet, musically I find blackstar oretty creepy though. I meant STS is creepy because I know the backstory behind it and how fucked up he was and close to a breakdown, down the rabbit hole on fascism and did so much coke he exorcised his swimming pool.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.