[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Good or meme?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6

Wanting to into metal
>>
>Wanting to into metal
First five Black Sabbath records.
>>
great riffs but it's a bit boring or something
>>
very good and mildly meme
also try Slaughtersun by Dawn
>>
Repetitive riffs and bunch of guys fucking up their throats.
>>
>>74581345
this
>>
>>74581334
Into metal with Alice in Chains Dirt and Self titled
>>
>maroon - quatrains

mastodon has some good ones
>>
Call of the Mastodon is their best album don't @ me
>>
>>74581345
>not sabotage
wat
>>
Meme, try Pallbearer
>>
It's ok but Mastodon is kinda just metal for people who don't actually like metal.
If you really want to get into it go look on the /mu/ wiki for essentials charts of whatever subgenre interests you. I could maybe give you some Black and Death entry-level recs if you want but those two genres are about the extent of my metal tastes.
>>
File: Brann.png (308KB, 436x473px) Image search: [Google]
Brann.png
308KB, 436x473px
>>74582709
What was that you were trying to say? a bland, try hard hipster meme band is better than Mastodon you say?

Fuck this place. Listen to whatever sounds good op. Mastodon are great and you'd be hard pressed to find a more talented drummer than Brann Dailor right now.
>>
>>74584111
Pallbearer are a more modern metal sound. Mastodon are from ages ago.
>>
>>74584142
lol
>>
>>74581334
The only good track is B&T, and I'm saying this unironically, Mastodon is really really really fucking boring.

Want to into metal? Most Black Sabbath albums, Peace Sells... But Who's Buying? and Master of Puppets. Listen to these on YouTube and keep clicking on random videos in recommended you might like.

Actually developing a taste for all that black metal and screaming stuff etc. will take a year or two
>>
>>74582709
>meme, try meme
>>
Some shit taste in here Jesus
>>
File: nice.gif (1MB, 287x206px) Image search: [Google]
nice.gif
1MB, 287x206px
>>74581345
fpbp
/thread
>>
can't go wrong with Mastodons first 4 albums. Great music and godly drumming
>>
>>74584516
Holy shit. Look at this retard.

Those are all great albums, though.
>>
File: IMG_7029.jpg (96KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7029.jpg
96KB, 640x640px
If it cant even be the best metal album about moby dick then yes... meme (Not suggesting this is gunna get you into metal)
>>
>>74581334
This band and Opeth got me itno metal
>>
>wanting to into metal

The Silent Circus - The Great Misdirect my friend
>>
>>74586326
Ahab is one of the dullest funeral doom bands
>>
>>74581334
It's good but I'd rec Crack the Skye for someone who's just getting into metal. Do you have any idea of which subgenres you want to delve into or are you interested into listening to a bit from all of them?
>>
>>74581334
I'd say start with their newer albums and work your way back.
>>
File: Brann and Dan.jpg (280KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Brann and Dan.jpg
280KB, 500x500px
>>74585327
For real. Great band to into especially if you love drums. Mainstream success has always garnered anger and jealousy within the metal community but there aren't a lot of bands in existence that actually deserve as much attention as Mastodon have gained for themselves. Good for them.
>>
Saw Mastodon earlier this year and left midway through the show. Openers were more exciting then them.
>>
>>74581334
Remission is better

Blood Mountain and Once More round the Sun are pretty fuckin good
>>
>>74581334

Leviathan is a genre standard and the only people who dislike mastodon are kiddos just trying to seem patrician af
>>
>>74581334
Personally, I'd say Blood Mountain and Crack The Skye are better although all 4 of their element themed albums are amazing. But I'd also agree that Mastodon is progressive metal and not really a great place to start with your standard metal.
>>
>>74586368
Maybe not the silent circus, great album and all but it's a little raw and hard to listen to opposed to their other albums. Definitely try colors tho
>>
>>74581334
Not as good as Crack the Skye.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.