[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

FL Studio

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: FL-Studio-logo-vector.png (73KB, 1166x377px) Image search: [Google]
FL-Studio-logo-vector.png
73KB, 1166x377px
FL Studio Thread. I'm a little but of a newfag to this, but I've dabbled around in it a little bit but I'd like to know if there are any useful tips or something.
>>
What genre(s) are you looking to make?
>>
House, Dubstep, EDM.
>>
>>74578323
Enabling ghost channels and dropping a scale from "reference scales" into a blank sampler is a technique that is very useful to me. I'd definitely recommend it if you're composing without a keyboard.
>>
>>74578673
I forgot to say, copy and paste it with the "ctrl (up arrow" shortcut across all the octaves, and stretch it to however long your pattern is.
>>
>>74578323
>>74578494
Care to give a few samples of what you've already made if you have anything?
>>
>>74578742
super noob question but how or which service?
>>
>>74578845
There's Dropbox, band camp, megaupload, hell even youtube works. Pretty much any w3bsite that will let you upload files.
>>
How do you make Mac Demarco style indie chillwave in FL?
>>
What plugins do I need to make r&b/ trap songs?
Or drun kits must have
>>
>>74579198
https://www.dropbox.com/s/51m4i6naxo7uq1m/starry%20night.mp3?dl=0
>>
>>74578686
>>74578673
good tips I never knew about those. Thanks
>>
I've been looking into getting into FL Studio, but I'm a complete beginner to making music in general and I've always been indecisive on the kind of music I would like to actually make.

Any tips on someone new to making music?
>>
>>74580927
Your first song or project is going to be shit don't be afraid to make mistakes you'll learn from them, also try to start by doing EDM.

>>74579264
Download some drums pack for Hip Hop and learn how to use virtual instruments like Nexus.

>>74579221
With a piano chord and then you fuck up with the mixer.
>>
>>74580993
But I don't particularly like EDM. I'm always worrying about the kinds of music I can and can't make as I don't own a guitar.
>>
>>74581062
If you don't have any instruments you'll have to stick to a few genres.
>>
>>74580927
The way I've always gone about it is just start doing shit without any genre in mind or plan and see where it goes, think it sometimes leads to something more unique and out of the box than I'd end up with if I thought something like "today I'm going to make a house beat"
>>
Use a real DAW next time.
>>
File: Fl Studio 12.jpg (107KB, 1158x654px) Image search: [Google]
Fl Studio 12.jpg
107KB, 1158x654px
It doesn't take much to get started.

https://soundcloud.com/immortaldorito/id062
>>
>>74578323
>are any useful tips or something
Help -> Help Index

Everything you need to know. read it, learn it, try things out. It will tell you everything about how the program works.

In short: RTFM
>>
>>74581122
I own a synthesizer, but no audio interface yet. I could always just use it is a midi controller with synth1 or something.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.