[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: GOAT Album Openers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: Yank Crime.jpg (15KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Yank Crime.jpg
15KB, 300x300px
ROME PLOWS
>>
>>74576821
>>
>>74576821
I actually skip that song everytime.

it doesn't have any momentum to me, if that makes sense.

i love everything else with the exception of new intro.

froberg/reis ratings

DLJ - s/t - 8.5
DLJ - Yank Crime - 9.5

Hot Snakes - Automatic Midnight - 7
Hot Snakes - Suicide Invoice - 8.25
Hot Snakes - Audit In Progress - 9.25
>>
>>74576938
hctrp is like the best song on the album though
>>
>>74576938
Why do you skip the best song? Would you like to describe it in a not so vague way?
>>
>>74576952
totally disagree. there is no "moment" in that song to me.

luau has the breakdown/guitar solo bit

super unison has the "it wasn't me that phoned"/laying the instruments on the bass part

new math has the crazy time signature
>>
>>74577067
the entire song is the moment. climax =/= good
>>
>>74576996
it goes on for too long, the non-note strumming over the pick-ups doesn't work, there's no tension or release, it just hangs there, the riffs are bland and i don't like the drum beats, the lyrics and vocals are good though.

when i see that this song has the most listens on spotify or last.fm it just means to me that most people couldn't make it through that song to hear the rest of the album. it's very rare that the first song has the most listens on any album. to me i see it as a 5 minute pleb filter. its a 3 star song on a album where the rest of the songs are 4 or 5s (except for new intro).
>>
>>74577199
Do Not Compute is a lot harder to enjoy. That's why it has the most listens. HCTRP is energetic, and angry. Keep in mind it's a math rock song. It's supposed to be repetitive, but repetition doesn't always mean it's bad. The yelling vocals along side the riff that keeps moving back just keep punching one after the other and it doesn't stop. I think you're looking too deep into the song instead of just letting it do what it does. It's angsty and rough, like most Post-hardcore. It doesn't need to build into a climax like Sinews, Do Not Compute, Golden Brown, or Super Unison.

It has the most listens not only because it's the first track but because it's easily the most enjoyable to the common listener (same with golden brown),
>>
>>74577067
Lmao "moment"

probably a Radiohead fan.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.