[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are pic related the four objective greatest live albums of all time?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_2396.jpg (367KB, 601x601px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2396.jpg
367KB, 601x601px
Are pic related the four objective greatest live albums of all time?
>>
>no live at pomepii
>no pulse
>no song remains the same
>no stop making sense
>no radical action
>no exit stage left
>no live at the bowl '68
>>
File: Stop Making Sense.jpg (105KB, 963x945px)
Stop Making Sense.jpg
105KB, 963x945px
Where is pic related?
>>
File: IMG_0208.jpg (52KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0208.jpg
52KB, 600x600px
>>
>>74573763
that live version of Long Season is fucking awesome and perfect in every way, but the electronic drum sound and reggae beats on the first disc are soul crushingly awful
>>
>>74573763
Not quite.
>>
>>74573763
Long Season
Pompeii
Stop Making Sense
Carrie and Lowell
>>
>>74573840
Long Season is live?
>>
>>74573763
The Who, Live At Leeds is by far the biggest pleb filter I know.
>>
>>74573763
Sam Cooke live at harlem square
>>
>>74574501
Why?
>>
long season is correct but you're forgetting

Lou Reed- Rock n Roll Animal
Hendrix - Band of Gypsys
Talking Heads - Stop Making Sense
Bill Evans - Live at the Village Vanguard

also fuck the Who
>>
>>74573763
>No Live at Fillmore East
fuck are you on dude
>>
>>74574558
>Live at the Village Vanguard
The Complete one is better. There's Waltz for Debby and quite a few outtakes.
>>
>>74574546

This
>>
>>74574552
Because it's one of the only albums made that matches The Stooges' Fun House for the musical equivalent of jetting hot shit fuel into your veins.

It rocks so goddamn hard and has so many successful showcases of the group's personality that it transcends the record and legitimately feels like being at a Who concert. Hence why it's often named the best live rock album.
>you could take away Daltrey and Townshend and it would still be a contender.
>>
>>74573763
>no acoustic guitar duo
>no flute trio
>no vibraphone solo
>no xylophone trio
>no drum quintet
>no violin + cello duo

try finding actual talent next time
>>
Bob Dylan's live '66 bootleg is still god tier imo
>>
File: Playingthefoolcover.gif (48KB, 340x335px) Image search: [Google]
Playingthefoolcover.gif
48KB, 340x335px
>>74574745
>>
>>74573763
Live at the Village Vanguard Again! is better
>>
>>74574713
I fully agree with you. The full version with Tommy is insane, it's better than Tommy itself. The Who is kinda underrated around these parts, dunno why.

Also it ends with like 32 minutes of jams, I just love them. The My Generation one is particularly great.
>>
>>74573857
hes a fucking waspdick and doesn't know the real name of the live album
>>
>>74573857
No he's just fucking gay
>>
Actually all four are jazz albums
>>
>>74574870

Hearing that version of Young Man Blues when I was 11 is what made me want to play music
>>
>>74575045
For me it was Heaven and Hell that drove me to start playing bass. I already was learning piano (mostly the erudite stuff), but that was when I really got into non-erudite music.
>>
welcome to the club
>>
>>74573798
Song Remains the Same is shit
How the West was Won is way better
>>
File: 71AgOtjAk-L._SL1500_.jpg (224KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
71AgOtjAk-L._SL1500_.jpg
224KB, 1500x1500px
>>
thanks for reminding me to check out live at leeds. there have been a couple threads about the dead today that could shed light on your query.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.