[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Kurt Cobain kills himself after Nirvana becomes too big for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 1494192718553.jpg (59KB, 400x501px) Image search: [Google]
1494192718553.jpg
59KB, 400x501px
>Kurt Cobain kills himself after Nirvana becomes too big for him to handle
>following Alice In Chains' rise to being one of the biggest rock bands on the planet, Layne Staley becomes a shut-in and spends 8 years isolated in his apartment, obliterating himself with drugs before finally dying
>Soundgarden break up at their creative and commercial peak; they eventually reunite and release a couple of lukewarm albums before Chris Cornell kills himself as well
>Pearl Jam freak out about being too popular and go on an autistic boycott against music videos and Ticketmaster, fucking up their career in the process

Why were grunge bands so shit at handling success?
>>
>>74572996
because it's a head fuck.
>>
Probably has more to do with the heroin than the fame.
>>
>>74572996
>a bunch of socially stunted, emotionally damaged junkies from Seattle don't react very well to becoming the defining pop culture phenomenon of their time practically overnight

Who'd have thought?
>>
>>74572996
you've posted this before
go away
>>
File: 20170219154955737.jpg (273KB, 1500x1127px) Image search: [Google]
20170219154955737.jpg
273KB, 1500x1127px
I think it's because most of them were already fucked up in the first place. Drugs and the burden of fame became too much for them to handle.

Kurt wanted fame to try and take away his depression, but it made him worse(it was also bad that courtney pushed him into drugs). I still think he was murdered to this day.

You have to realize how much of an overnight success Grunge became. It was like despacito times a thousand, with everyone and their grandma wearing ripped up jeans and flannel shirts. Most of the bands of the Grunge era were basically losers who went from playing a venue with about maybe 100 max to a full on stadium and being broadcast on live tv. Most resorted to drugs to try and calm them, but it only led them so death(with the exception to Kurt).

It's a shame really, if only Kurt wasn't murdered the Grunge era could have lasted a little longer than it did and not crash and burn.
>>
>>74573329
I'm glad grunge died when it did. Such a shit genre
>>
>>74573356
>t. metalfag
>>
>>74573413
Nah not even a metal fan
>>
>>74573217
>>74573329
This.
These guys could barely handle being highly successful underground bands/mildly successful major label bands, of course they had no chance in hell of dealing with suddenly being all over MTV and on the cover of every music magazine worth a shit.
>>
>>74573051
why tho
>>
Grunge was cool because of its relatively short shelf life and as the perfect answer to the hair metal and arena rock of the 80s.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.