[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/mu/ makes an album

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

File: cover.jpg (656KB, 1400x1400px) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
656KB, 1400x1400px
from somewhere

https://suicideisanoptionrecordsc2016.bandcamp.com/album/fuck-you-suicide-install-a-friend-is-better-at-this-than-you-are
>>
epic
>>
>>74568905
gonna do a track by track for it later prolly, like last time
>>
ebin
>>
I was first a bit pissed off that Sucide didn't pick the other cover but this is actually pretty good.

>>74568948
Awesome man, you're a god's gift to earth
>>
>funeral doom ballad part 23 of 30
>1:22
what the fuuuuuuuuuck!?
I give this album a light to strong 2
>>
>>74569045
Getting angry about would've unfocused my chi.

But in all seriousness, I usually let one >1:00 slide because retardation is to be expected from these threads.
>>
>>74568948
you're sweet like sugar honey
>>
as always with these 1-minute albums the problem is most of the tracks end really abrubtly, I wish people would try to get all of their musical ideas in the length of 1 minute, including the endings. Sometimes a cutoff can be endearing, but usually it's just disappointing :c

>1. I like ya, and I wantchya.
that flute is a classic mainstay of /mu/ albums, and this track is fittingly chaotic and psychedelic. Kinda sets the tone for the thing, but honestly, I'm not a fan of that extreme recorder noodling. 6/10

>2. Dick Diddler
Very nice atmosphere and some solid synth sounds here, maybe that lead could use some more chorus and reverb, but the background drone is really nice. 7/10

>3. the best possible outcome
this also is a nice electronic track, very haunting in parts and industrial in others. I like the regular mini climaxes and layering arrangement. Cool stuff. 9/10

>4. AsdfghjklkjhgfdsA
shame the track isn't a palindrome too. but anyway, while it fits the random title, I think musically it's a bit too random, especially the drums. 6/10

5.My Name Is FUCK
fun concept, could have used some more samples for fucks though, and mixed them in a bit better sometimes. 5/10

6. Asses for the Masses
I like how these amassed sound effects and 8-bit samples create some sort of a melody. Kinda like extratone but in my opinion better. Quite enjoyable, with some clear thought-out structuring. Shame that it's too long, but at elast it ends properly.

7. It's Amazing pt4
Sonic-wise it's amazing indeed. Really nice synth sounds and progression of chords, I really like the vocoded/auto-tuned vocals in the second half, remind me a bit of BoC. Wish it ended in anotehr way though. 9.5/10

8. Trapill
Starts chill, but that octave bassline then comes and destroys a chill atmosphere set up by the previous track. I think with that baby there's supposed to be some symbolism, can't really read into it, though. But sounds alright, cool use of distortion. 7.5/10

cont.
>>
>>74569353
cont.

I'd rate 6. Asses for the Masses 8/10

9. We are all the Gays
Had it not been for the nice flow from the last track, I would complain about the sample being distorted to hell. But in context it's fun. Classic voice synth parody, fine. 6/10

10. Not Install A Friend
now this is my track, I wanted to go for a Child Is the Father of the Man from SMiLE pastiche of sorts, it didn't work as nice as I hoped, Icouldn't figure out the harmonies. And the ending, in hindsight, is meh.

11. As I Rest My Body On It
I see what's going here, and I laughed hard at the soft "Teen Titans Go!", nice. 6/10

12. Where's My Dick?
I don't knows if I'm a fan of those remixes where you can hear mouse clicks, but respect for doing it live. 5/10

13. Fuck you suicide, Install A Friend is better at this than you are
I wish I could make out what's being played and said in parts, but it's TOO lo-fi, sorry anon. 4/10

14. A song comprised of Electric and Acoustic Blues Samples from the 20s to the 60s
Exactly what it says on the tin, ended up pretty nice, but I would slice the samples better t b q h. Kinda endearing though. 6.5/10

15. Oobi: A Story of Hands
I really like the guitar sound, I think the playing could be a little less loose, but otherwise a nice interlude in for of a guitar solo. 7/10

16. A (Un)Track
I like the vinyl warmth, and the glittering sound effects. I really like this, really nice sound design, I always try to program something like this in sequencer/arpeggiator, but never succeed. 10/10

17. Thunder Thighs
Lovely song, creative lyrics, I guess I wish it went just a little bit longer and had some kind of bridge. 9,5/10

18. OH YEAH WELL IF HE'S SO GOOD THEN WHERE'S ABSOLUTE MADNESS 5 HMMMM????????
Another one of mine, I love my off key singing, I wish I gave the solo a little bit more thought tho. My fav of my contributions.

cont.
>>
19. Funeral Doom Ballad Part 22 of 30
Again something from an arpeggiator/sequencer that I enjoy soundwise, but here those rising sweeps really annoy me. But it's quite retrofuturistic in tone. Real shame about the length though. 6/10

20. Ge Ge Ge Ge Ge Ge Go Go Go Go Go Go Go
This is what I imagined 11 to be, but I like the reverse reverb and delay. And also the palindroic quality. Interesting track, but quite minimalistic, I'd add some drone to the mix to spice things up. 4,5/10

21. Where the fuck is the doom ballad?
Sounds like the ending of Komm Susser Todd without the music, I mean all that shit that goes on in the background. Progressive-rock climax worthy collage. 7/10

22. what if it's 1 minute and 2 seconds?
This genuinely terrifies me, congratz anon. If it was actually 62 seconds long it would be quite awesome. 5/10

23. Rest in peace my friends, The Meme Friends
I was waiting for the drop, it never came. What's going on with that sample at the end, lul. Well, nice juxtaposition I guess, but could be a lot more interesting. 5/10

24. Funeral Doom Ballad Part 23 of 30
I'd add a lot more reverb to that faux electric guitar, to really just make the mix more pleasing. I guess more things could be happening, kinda static. 6/10

25. I fucked it up
Great concept, great execution, I seriously wanted to give you a hug towards the end, don't feel bad anon :c 9/10

26. Hot India Woman Man Fuck Pussy Anal Suck
My final contribution, I wish I had a way to control the the bends on "sitar" in other way than with mouse. But yeah, making fun of Indian facebook comments, always fun.

27. for my niggas
Oh shi-, I wish it went longer 8.5/10

28. Bees?
Oh shit, I never heard punk on /mu/ collabs before, this is great. Fun lyrics, Karl Pilkington would approve. I really, really enjoy this. 10/10

29. falooda pussy
coming back to the electronic territory with a synth/sample mishmash. Some ideas here and there but too random for my liking, again. 5/10

cont.
>>
>>74569824
30. A Nice Ginger Ale
I nice ending, I like this improvised electric piano playing and the soft sound of the whole track, a fitting ending to this album. 8/10

Standout tracks:
3. the best possible outcome
6. Asses for the Masses
7. It's Amazing pt4
16. A (Un)Track
17. Thunder Thighs
18. OH YEAH WELL IF HE'S SO GOOD THEN WHERE'S ABSOLUTE MADNESS 5 HMMMM???????? (i still like it, so I'm not ashamed to put it here lol)
25. I fucked it up
27. for my niggas
28. Bees?
30. A Nice Ginger Ale

Overall, good job nice anons, looking forward to more! :)
>>
bump c:
>>
Could be worse
>>
Bees? is pretty good.
>>
>>74569824
thank you for the good review of i fucked it up friendo :)
>>
>>74569879
Thanks for the feedback. Tracks 9 and 16 were mine
>>
Bump so people can heard this
>>
I wish next /mu/ album would be a concept album or atleast have a general theme. I also think it would be cool if each track had to be a collab between two anons
>>
>>74572915
Nice ideas
>>
I need source on the kid from For My Niggas pronto. Wtf material
>>
this isnt absolute madness 5 where is absolute madness 5
>>
>>74569824
>>74571876
thanks very much fellas much love much appreciate

>>74572915
totally agree with this thatd be cool
>>
>>74572915
seconded
>>
Loving the critikal samples on HIWMFPAS and the nice backign

Big nipples big life
>>
>>74572915
>each track has to be a collab between 2 anons
Uh teacher, I d-dont have a partner
>>
>>74573225
thanks anon :)
>>
>>74573315
I will be your partner :^)
>>
File: 1413901472087.png (374KB, 500x424px) Image search: [Google]
1413901472087.png
374KB, 500x424px
>>74573386
>mfw the teacher says she'll be my partner
>>
File: pX3naQb.jpg (59KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
pX3naQb.jpg
59KB, 640x640px
>rply
>>
pumb
>>
>>74568905
Fuck
>>
>>74574185
Fuck u
>>
>>74574274
Jk :p
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.