[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Godspeed You Black Emperor emotionally lied to me again

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6

File: 1501553841131.jpg (33KB, 629x505px) Image search: [Google]
1501553841131.jpg
33KB, 629x505px
Why do you keep making me listen to them, /mu/? I feel raped by the way they force emotions through their dishonesty...
>>
>>74564339
Stay raped.
>>
this is my new favorite meme
>>
>>74564346
Wowow so much for the tolerant left...
>>
/mu/ is a funny place now that everyday a new meme arise.
>>
i have no idea what this thread is about but if OP is a /pol/fag then you deserve every bit of misery that you feel.
>>
>>74564339
I don't understand what you mean.
>>
>>74564602
>everyone who doesn't like GYBE is a nazi
And here come the emotionally dishonest fans to prove OP's point....
>>
File: 1502797824514.jpg (46KB, 355x324px) Image search: [Google]
1502797824514.jpg
46KB, 355x324px
>>74564339
What can I even say about Godspeed You Black Emperor? Their music is obviously reverse engineered to tug at certain emotions. "Let's make a 14 minute song that will make you feel sad and then exultant".

Give me a fucking break. When Slint or prog rock bands before them composed long songs it was with songwriting and honesty behind them. There were slips and falls and imperfections, but that's what made them great.

Godspeed is focus group, carefully marketed meme material for people who need to be told how to think and feel. Each song practically screams a specific reaction, each one coincidentally beginning with "Dude this song is totally ____".

People who like this band have never heard a good song before. They only know what it's like to have their professors tell them what to think or have their Facebook feed shovel garbage into their head. They are herd animals, children, robots. Count me out. I prefer to have music that explores what someone is feeling without running it by a marketer to determine how profitable it will be first.
>>
>>74564615
>that is unironically what you got out of my post

enjoy your gold medal in mental gymnastics
>>
>>74564638
Are you switching to intellectual dishonesty now?
>>
What can I even say about Anthony Fantano? His reviews are obviously reverse engineered to tug at certain opinions. "Let's make a 14 minute review that will make you feel rrrattling and then lush.".

Give me a fucking break. When Scaruffi or Christgau before him composed long reviews it was with knowledge and honesty behind them. There were slips and falls and imperfections, but that's what made them great.

Fantano's videos are focus group, carefully marketed meme material for people who need to be told how to think and feel. Each review practically screams a specific opinion, each one coincidentally beginning with "Dude this album is totally a strong/light/decent ____".

People who like this reviewer have never read a good review before. They only know what it's like to have their professors tell them what to think or have their Facebook feed shovel garbage into their head. They are herd animals, children, robots, melons. Count me out. I prefer to have reviews that explore what someone is feeling without running it by a marketer to determine how profitable it will be first.
>>
Shills for gybe are trying to slide this thread.
>>
fucking shitty meme please stop
>>
File: hqdefault (2).jpg (13KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault (2).jpg
13KB, 480x360px
Why did you lie to me, /mu/? I feel raped by the way they're pretty good and not cringe at all
>>
File: Dead_kennedys.jpg (24KB, 256x271px) Image search: [Google]
Dead_kennedys.jpg
24KB, 256x271px
What can I even say about Dead Kennedys? Their music is obviously reverse engineered to tug at certain emotions. "Let's make a 2 minute song that will make you feel angry and then indignant".

Give me a fucking break. When the Ramones or punk bands before them composed short songs it was with songwriting and honesty behind them. There were slips and falls and imperfections, but that's what made them great.

Dead Kennedys is focus group, carefully marketed meme material for people who need to be told how to think and feel. Each song practically screams a specific political opinion, each one coincidentally beginning with "Dude the government should totally ____".

People who like this band have never heard a good song before. They only know what it's like to have their professors tell them what to think or have their Facebook feed shovel garbage into their head. They are herd animals, children, robots. Count me out. I prefer to have music that explores what the government should be doing without running it by a marketer to determine how profitable it will be first.
>>
>>74564633
yeah they're a focus group with long stretches of silence, noise drones, and muffled spoken word.

fuck off
>>
>>74565615
And yet you eat it up like shit from an ass
>>
>>74565644
i'm convinced there is not a single person who has listened to this album as an introduction to post rock and has had it click immediately.
>>
i like this meme
>>
File: reznorangry560.jpg (39KB, 560x370px) Image search: [Google]
reznorangry560.jpg
39KB, 560x370px
What can I even say about Nine Inch Nails Their music is obviously reverse engineered to tug at certain emotions. "Let's make a 3-5 minute song that will make you feel spiteful and then guilty".

Give me a fucking break. When Throbbing Gristle or industrial bands before them composed gritty songs it was with songwriting and honesty behind them. There were slips and falls and imperfections, but that's what made them great.

NIN is focus group, carefully marketed meme material for people who need to be told how to think and feel. Each song practically screams a specific reaction, each one coincidentally beginning with "Today I wanna fuck ____ up".

People who like this band have never heard a good song before. They only know what it's like to have their professors tell them what to think or have their online forums shovel garbage into their head. They are herd animals, children, pigs. Count me out. I prefer to have music that explores what someone is feeling without running it by a marketer to determine how profitable it will be first.
>>
>>74565687
this one's actually true
>>
GYBE is the only /mu/core band I couldn't understand the appeal of. The music sounds coy and forceful. It sounds like a cheesy soundtrack to a photoslideshow made by a 40-year-old soccer mom with her fellow soccer mom friends. Pretentious is an overused and misused word, but its usage in describing this album is apt. The music is trite and plain, but pretends to be something profound, both musically and aesthetically.
>>
>>74565687
>pigs
nice touch
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.