[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I seriously don't get this album

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 2

File: image:19499.jpg (106KB, 770x513px) Image search: [Google]
image:19499.jpg
106KB, 770x513px
It just seems generic/predictable as fuck.
>>
I'm mad now.
>>
>>74564332
There's nothing to "get"
>>
>>74564332
It's called emotional dishonesty.
>>
It's nice, but grows old fast. Hence why it's not mucore anymore. F#A#Infinity is better.
>>
>>74564332
Agree. Could never get into this like everyone else does.
>>
>wasnt predictable when it got out
>ppl liked it
>bunch of bands started to imitate
>the sound became generic
>>
>>74564357
this x10
>>
The only song I like is Sleep desu
>>
>>74564332
Overrated .......
>>
"Emotional Dishonesty"

Now you get the album, OP
>>
>>74564383
This.

Fuck OP.
>>
>>74564344
>>74564629
What is this meme of 'emotional dishonesty'
>>
>>74564660
Just cause it was new at the time doesn't mean it doesn't age badly. Later bands did a better job than GY!BE.
>>
>>74564691
everything is just as good as it was when it came out
music doesn't 'age' this is the worst meme
>>
>>74564664
It's being forced by like 3-4 people. You can find the other threads in the archive (only three or so as of now). They're pretty embarrassing and they died like right away.
>>
>>74564717
That's more like your opinion, man
>>
>>74564741
it's objectively correct. everything is exactly as it was when it was released. people talk about this 'aging' meme wiht video games too and it's fucking ridiculous.
>>
>>74564717
context changes
>>
>>74564753
No, that's an opinion
>>
/mu/ now hates
>hospice
>american footbal
>gybe

hopefully slint is next. feels good man
>>
>>74564788
This, /mu/ is getting more patrician nowadays
>>
File: 1500514929263.jpg (104KB, 270x400px) Image search: [Google]
1500514929263.jpg
104KB, 270x400px
What can I even say about Godspeed You Black Emperor? Their music is obviously reverse engineered to tug at certain emotions. "Let's make a 14 minute song that will make you feel sad and then exultant".

Give me a fucking break. When Slint or prog rock bands before them composed long songs it was with songwriting and honesty behind them. There were slips and falls and imperfections, but that's what made them great.

Godspeed is focus group, carefully marketed meme material for people who need to be told how to think and feel. Each song practically screams a specific reaction, each one coincidentally beginning with "Dude this song is totally ____".

People who like this band have never heard a good song before. They only know what it's like to have their professors tell them what to think or have their Facebook feed shovel garbage into their head. They are herd animals, children, robots. Count me out. I prefer to have music that explores what someone is feeling without running it by a marketer to determine how profitable it will be first.
>>
>>74564767
context doesn't change the thing itself
>>74564774
so is 2+2=4
>>
>>74564917
nah but it changes the individual as well as collective perception of the work and its relevance. Things become forgotten other things become rediscovered. Shakespeare wasn't read for 100 years until he was rediscovered in the 18th century and now he's the most important english author. That's a big example but it's the same with smaller projects, mucore demonstrates that well.
>>
>>74564994
yes but we're talking about the thing not the perception or the relevance of the thing. this started cause someone said that an album was great when it came out but got worse over time
>>
>>74564332
Pleb version of Dirty Three
>>
>>74564917
nigger what
2+2=4 because when you have two of something and add two more of the same thing you now have four of that thing
>>
>>74564854
you're thinking too hard about it. the music is very accessible aside from the track length and instrumentation is technically good. their music isn't just straight up sad faggotry, listen to storm, like antennas to heaven, peasantry or light inside of light, mladic, and 09-15-00.
>>
>>74565109
that's directly linked to perception and context, anon obviously didn't mean that the actual album content itself detoriated over time.
>>
>>74564664
Its pols new shitty forced meme
>>
>>74565942
no it's not
how great people think the album is is linked to perception and context
the quality of the album is completely unrelated
>>74565324
an album the came out in 1950 is the same then as it is in 2017 because it's still the same recording
>>
>>74564854
if this isn't a copy pasta I feel sorry for you
>>
>>74566230
fuck man of course it's the same album, nobody doubts that, but then why is it that some albums are just plain forgotten over time? Take By All Means Necessary by Boogie Down Productions, when it came out it was highly praised and earned rave reviews from everyone. Today nobody cares about it anymore, if you listen to it's very likely that it will sound like trash to you even.
>>
>>74566301
if you need to ask you should be sorry for yourself
>>
>>74566354
I'm not disputing any of that. what I take issue with is when you say the album's not as good as it used to be or that it's 'aged poorly'. What's wrong with just saying "people forgot about that ablum" or "people don't like it anymore"? The album is just as it was when it came out, consensus just changed.
>>
>>74566401
imo the test of time is ultimate way of judging an album's actual objective quality. when people say it aged poorly it's really just a metaphorical way of saying it is not as good as when they first heard it. So maybe the album wasn't that good in the first place.
>>
>>74564833
>hating gybe
>patrician
Kek. Tell me when this shithole stops jerking off to with Radioshit, NMH, Kanye and Kendrick.
>>
>>74564854
> literally thinks like gybe but with a "-" instead of "+"
if it's ironic, written well.
>>
>>74566458
ok but the album didn't chagne, people just changed their minds
>>
>>74564332
listen to F# A# infinity its about 2 or 3 times better
>>
>>74566851
yea
>>
>>74564717
Age and replayability are different concepts for sure. But what people meant to say isbthat lift yr skinny clean is probably not very replayable.
>>
>>74564332
>It just seems generic/predictable as fuck.

That's because it is
>>
>>74564717
lol
>>
>>74566614
/mu/ hates all of these artists. And yes, liking GY!BE is plebeian.
>>
>>74566857
No, I listened it and it's even worse
>>
LYSF is in the bottom half of their discography for me.
I think F#A#, Yanqui, and Allelujah are all better.
>>
>>74566851
Exactly, they jumped up from the hype train and started to realize that it was never good on the first place
>>
>>74564332
I preferred F#A#Infinity to Lift Your Skinny Hands, but I'm sure someone will just call me a cunt no matter what I like.
>>
>>74567386
your opinion is wrong.
>>
>>74567821
Opinions cannot be wrong, silly anon, hahaha :)
>>
>>74567879
but yours is
>>
>>74564767
You're retarded, context does not change unless previously unknown information arises. You basically said "past circumstances change." It's the past you flaming retard. Also:
>judging music of the past by the standards of music of the future
Terrible idea.
>>
>>74568318
you're taking context much too narrowly
>>
>>74568318
you should judge music of the past with the same standards as music of today, because your judgment doesn't change what the music actually is
>>
>>74564332
Just listen to it you fucking retard. It sounds good.
>>
>>74567472
>liking F#A#
fucking pleb cunt
>>
F#A#Infinity is better imo.
>>
It's pretty good. I dunno why people think it's their best.
>>
>>74568788
>F#A#
>Alleluliah
>Yanqui
>Lysf
>Asunder
>>
>>74569185
nice
imo
>Allelujah
>slow riot
>F#A#
>LYSF
>Yanqui

>Asunder
>>
>>74569185
>F A ∞
>Yanqui U.X.O.
>Allelujah! Don't Bend! Ascend!
>Slow Riot for New Zero Kanada
>Lift Your Skinny Fists Like Antennas to Heaven
>Asunder, Sweet and Other Distress
I'm pretty excited for the next album, even though Asunder was very meh.
>>
Post rock is boring ambient wank, including GY!BE.
>>
>>74566301
It's totally a copypasta.
>>
>>74564332
listen to it louder
>>
>>74569997
I agree with this except I'd switch LYSF and Slow Riot
>>
because its a meme
>>
>>74564788
Unlike others you mentioned, slint was actually good
Thread posts: 69
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.