[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I fucking hate mainstream """music"""

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 10

File: b-cardi-image.jpg (19KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
b-cardi-image.jpg
19KB, 300x300px
http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/chart-beat/7898293/despacito-number-one-14-weeks-hot-100-record
>>
File: 1502287052044.png (177KB, 376x376px) Image search: [Google]
1502287052044.png
177KB, 376x376px
>>74564166
>rockism
>>
Is it normal for a song to be number 1 this long?
I think some sort of fix is in.
No wonder music is so stagnate.
What if this song just stays number 1 forever?.....
>>
>>74564235
>Is it normal for a song to be number 1 this long?

In 2017, yes. This is the way people consume music now.

It's the culmination of billions of people all over the world all demanding the song be played in their house, on party playlists, in the car, all at once. Every 5 minutes.
>>
File: 7989786754.jpg (5KB, 206x215px) Image search: [Google]
7989786754.jpg
5KB, 206x215px
>>74564185
>Only alternative to pop is rock
Nice bait. (you)
>>
>>74564273
>Rockism is a perceived bias in rock music communities that discriminates against other forms of popular music, especially producer-driven genres like disco, R&B and hip-hop.
>>
this is my first time hearing of this song. i still haven't heard the song itself though
>>
>>74564255
Thats horrifying.
No wonder music sucks now.
Seriously, why doesnt someone just hijack the thing and force one song to be number one forever.
That would really fuck with the music business. Force them to finally stop counting streaming.

This shit prevents new artists from rising.

Christ, how many times can a person listen to the same generic spic music over and over again
>>
>>74564293
Poptamism is a garbage ideology that worships consumerist culture and disposable garbage music.

I know hipster faggots are all "muh racism" about disco
But disco did fucking suck. Its shallow dance music that told you nothing during a time period when gay and women rights, and recessions, and oil problems were going on.
>>
File: 1502555075117.png (13KB, 100x100px) Image search: [Google]
1502555075117.png
13KB, 100x100px
>>74564300
>Seriously, why doesnt someone just hijack the thing and force one song to be number one forever.

There was a big discussion in the UK when Ed Sheeran's album came out and literally the entire thing was in the top 20 I think. The singles chart was just rows and rows of Ed Sheeran songs for weeks.

I think the way they count it will definitely change, so as to prevent one massive artist dominating the charts every time they drop an album.
>>
>>74564300
>>74564255
i don't think it's as bad as you think it is. nowadays there's a much higher quantity of musicians who have a decent amount of listeners, you don't have mega superstars like you used to. nirvana was pretty much the last michael jackson/beatles/elvis presley type of artist with such an insane level of dominance. ever since then the most listened music is 'spread out' much more. even if this single happens to break some records i doubt we'll see a reverse in this trend

granted, despacito is complete shit compared to something like MJ or Nirvana but oh well
>>
>>74564322
art doesn't have to be fucking political in fact if it is it's much more likely to be shit
>women's rights
>80s
?
>>
>>74564356
It is bad, One faggot song on the number 1 for 10 years prevents all artists from rising, and prevents new artists from breaking out
Streaming is the cancer killing music.
>>
>>74564293
That's just a stupid definition, you don't need to be a fan of rock music to hate producer-driven genres.
>>
latin pop is the absolute worst
>>
>>74564583
Racist
>>
>>74564583
dun ka dunka
>>
I have never heard of this song before
>>
File: 1501508452685.jpg (7KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1501508452685.jpg
7KB, 225x225px
>>74564166
>put on repeat
>leave the house
>>
File: des.png (166KB, 952x982px) Image search: [Google]
des.png
166KB, 952x982px
>>
>>74564322
this

the greatest stunt the music industry ever pulled was convincing people that liking top 40 was edgy and hip, and that if you didn't you were probably racist/sexist/arachnophobic/etc.
>>
File: Untitled.png (1MB, 1111x800px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
1MB, 1111x800px
>close to half the world's population have watched this

what the fuck
>>
>>74566127
probably way more too when you count on spotify, itunes, radio, tv, etc
>>
>>74564166
horale wey
>>
>>74564616
I agree and I'm latino. I'd have trap rap over Latin pop any day, at least trap doesn't have acoustic guitars on every fucking song.
>>
>hating pop music is now a racial issue
don't forget that pop music itself is a hijacking of other music styles (r&b, rock and roll, industrial, breakbeat, funk, ect.)
>>
>>74564397
>Streaming is the cancer killing music.
this is fact. but at this point what can be done about it?
>>
>>74564322
This. The Faux-Sincerity /mu/ has for garbage top 40 artists need to be just done away with.
>>
>>74564166
i have literally never heard of this song

just heard it. its trash
>>
File: FB_IMG_1501592475874.jpg (2KB, 70x89px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1501592475874.jpg
2KB, 70x89px
>>74564322
>Poptamism
I've only just heard of this.
Holy shit are there people who really consider any criticism of popular music to be stuck up and blinded by nostalgia?
>>
>>74566127
No one, people who listen to this shit have probably tens of thousands views each.
>>
>>74566127
>you are now aware spanish is the second most spoken language in the world
>>
>>74564235

>Is it normal for a song to be number 1 this long?

Over the past few years the charts have become more and more static, but even by those standards, Despacito is a long runner.

If it lasts 3 more weeks, it'll break the record for the longest time spent at #1, currently held by https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXxRyNvTPr8
>>
>>74564397
>Streaming is the cancer killing music.
Why is streaming bad?
>>
>>74564349

>I think the way they count it will definitely change, so as to prevent one massive artist dominating the charts every time they drop an album.

They changed it as of a month ago. Now streams will count half as much if a song has been on the charts for 10 weeks or longer. Because of this, "Despacito" will probably be dethroned by "New Rules' in the UK next week.
>>
This type of music is always stupidly popular over the summer. It'll go away as winter approaches.
>>
Waaaah! Stop liking things! This is bad! How dare people like things that I personally don't like! It's not faaaaaaair, why can't everyone just like what I like!

Trash! Garbage! Shit tastes! Seeing other people happy annoys me! Fucking normies, those idiots aren't allowed to feel positive emotions!

My life is a hell of depression and anxiety, but somehow stupid people are able to still enjoy life! Fuck those losers, they should feel just as bad as I, the superior human being, do!
>>
>>74567442
this site is basically all about shitting on things most people like. hope it didn't take you long to figure that out.
>>
>>74566127
People who listen to music on YouTube will make repeat listens giving the video more views. It isn't literally 3 billion people.
>>
>>74567423

The charts have been like this all year. Anonymous trop pop featuring Bieber.
>>
>>74567442
lick my dick faggot
>>
>>74566235
I hate "Sincerity" as it is seen nowadays, Ok, so I ought to like music that gives me migraines for days because then I'll be "sincere" with myself, because clearly everyone likes Top 40 music, even a bit. Fuck that shit. It's dumbing everyone down to the lowest common denominator.
>>
>>74567322
I-I have never heard this song in my entire life.
>>
>>74567463

I was a famous trip in the 2011-2013 era, spent more of my life on here than most people. Sometimes I like to waste time injecting some discourse into the board. Just because something's the status quo, doesn't mean you have to fold to it.
>>
>>74567562
go away hampus.
>>
>it's 2017, le music is stagnating!
>last song to be this dominant was in 2015, with the one before that in 2009
>have no clue that music now is more versatile than ever thanks to lack of overly dominant types like Elvis, Nirvana, Mariah Carey, etc.
I want every one of you autists that joined in the last few months to leave. The stupidity that radiates off some of you is so obvious that it gives away that you heard about 4chan elsewhere and just decided to join in due to its reputation.
>>
File: dj_khaled_pr_2013_p.jpg (829KB, 1047x1572px) Image search: [Google]
dj_khaled_pr_2013_p.jpg
829KB, 1047x1572px
>>74567707

>have no clue that music now is more versatile than ever thanks to lack of overly dominant types like Elvis, Nirvana, Mariah Carey, etc.
>>
File: ctyp_6569368texas_wigger.jpg (65KB, 700x704px) Image search: [Google]
ctyp_6569368texas_wigger.jpg
65KB, 700x704px
>>74564166
>still haven't heard it
>didn't know it was a thing until I read reports that it was the most streamed song ever

I'm so underground. Fuck the mainstream.
>>
>>74567707
>lack of dominate types in 2017
>actually believing the vast majority of people listen to a variety of music

You sound like someone who spends all their time on a Mongolian Croquet Messaging Forum instead of out in the world talking to people.

Most people listen to fucking shit and there is zero diversity in the their tastes.
>>
>>74568328
same. that tongue looks delicious
>>
>>74566127
It's a number one hit in pretty much every single country on the planet
Yes, an island colony of America with a population of 3 million is the most important musical spot on the planet as we speak
>>
>>74564166

I don't mind about mainstream pop music, there are a few top 40 songs that are actually pretty cool.
But Despacito is one of the dumbest and most cringeworthy popular songs I've ever heard. Compared to this the Macarena is a fucking masterpiece.
>>
>>74568224
you obviously never go out then
>>
>>74567463
You have a poor understanding of this site's use. The one you have is what an outsider who comes here from someone else thinks i.e. r3ddit. But the people on 4chan and what they do is nothing new.
>>
>>74568134
>Khaled
>anywhere near overly dominant as those mentioned before
Lmao.

>>74568370
What the fuck are you on about, you retard? I never even implied the latter.
>muh shit taste
Fuck off teenage faggot piece of shit. Listening to le obscure muzaq doesn't make you superior.
>>
LIL BITCH, YOU CAN'T FUCK WITH ME IF YOU WANTED TO
>>
>being unable to tell the difference between different styles of music and how people enjoy them
>thinking that the majority of people listen to pop music to critique it or for anything else other than for fun
>hating on people for having fun
>>
>>74567442
Read the classics until you understand why liking shit music is extinction event-tier destructive.
>>
>>74564166
WELL BUY AND SHARE THE MUSIC YOU LIKE THEN.
>>
elitism is responsible for absolutely everything good created in any medium.
>>
>>74572080
This.

We can be all "le we live in a free world" and "nothing wrong in fun!!11!" meme as much we want, but if there weren't people out there trying to make something more significative and meaningful in art we literally would have a world where every song is Despacito.
>>
I love despacito :/

What do?
>>
>>74567442
reddit fucking post
>>
I fucking hate this shitty mix of dance hall, fag rnb and overproduced latin music trends thats been happening with top40 music lately, its fucking annoying and id rather go back to when LMFAO was the hot shit because at least i didnt want to claw my ears out whenever someone put on top40 radio and not have to listen to some shitty reskinned dance hall beat sung by some M E L O D I C gaynigger.
>>74564322
>I know hipster faggots are all "muh racism" about disco
Im in a band with a bunch of hipsters and the lead songwriter fucking loves the Bee Gees and got inspired to write pop songs after listening to More Than a Woman
>>74567562
>famous trip
Your a delusional faggot, if you like to attention whore go to plebbit
>>74567707
Except nobody is saying that, they just say the current top40 music trending sucks ass
>>74572080
I'd say its 50/50 but hell if it wasnt for elitism and contrarianism we wouldnt have Zappa or Miles Davis
>>
>>74567395
It's not, people are the issue, streaming does enable this shit though.
>>
>>74572228
>Except nobody is saying that, they just say the current top40 music trending sucks ass
It's really no different from any other top40 trend. Hell, the 2000s had a similar trend as well. But I would think /mu/'s above this kind of shallow lewronggeneration tier garbage.
>>
>>74567395
Check the new releases on any major streaming service and see how much crap there is getting prime real estate while others
people thought streaming would lead to the end of radio, but the passive music listeners of the world just listen to whatever streaming services promote, most of which is major label artists
>>
>>74572605
*while others get sidelined
>>
>>74564322
>he thinks music needs to tell a story and its respective producers politically aware

fuck off you fucking retarded piece of shit. you're the worst kind of person

lyrics are the least important aspect of music.
Thread posts: 69
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.