[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The music is good but the lyrics seem cringey. Thoughts?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: serveimage.jpg (435KB, 1475x1482px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.jpg
435KB, 1475x1482px
The music is good but the lyrics seem cringey. Thoughts?
>>
>>74561735
in absentia and deadwing were better.
>>
>>74561735
Porcupine Tree used to be loved more than even Radiohead on /mu/ in 2007 or so. Don't know what happened
>>
>>74561783
hiatus and SW's solo shit isn't nearly as good.
>>
>>74561735
>>74561783
kind of a funny story about this album tho. i bought it when it came out and left it in my dad's car. he stole it and i never saw it again. feelsbadman.jpg
>>
XBOX
>>
>>74561783
Radiohead sucks. It's all the little kids on /mu/ now. They want whiny lyrics and acoustic guitar instead of sick prog riffs.
>>74561843
Exactly
>>
IS
>>
>>74561735
The Sky Moves Sideways was the last good Porcupine Tree release.
>>
>>74563272
lel
Light bulb Sun and In Absentia > Pink Floyd worship
>>
>>74563284
Lightbulb Sun had some decent melodies and atmosphere, In Absentia was where the project completely went off the rails. I do not understand the appeal of the heavier stuff. Nowadays the only thing from Wilson that I enjoy is Blackfield stuff.
>>
>>74563272
>not liking Signify and Lightbulb Sun
>>
>>74563346
they're alright, but nowhere nowhere do they reach the heights as great as the soundscape'y early Porcupine Tree
>>
>>74563361
Signify is much more thought out musically than the previous releases.
Don't get me wrong, I love early PT (the Staircase infinites EP is probably my favorite) but Signify finally has everything that Steven is really good at. Here he mixes the trippy and soundscape oriented style with more straight forward songwriting. I consider songs like Sleep of no dreaming, Waiting, Sever, Dark Matter to be his greatest works.
>>
>>74563472
Staircase Infinities is also my fav

I'll give Signify another shot, I last heard it maybe 3 years ago, I may enjoy it more nowadays, who knows
>>
>>74563499
It's great that Staircase Infinites gets some recognition. The music here reminds me of my childhood for some reason.
>>
>>74563499
Also, have you listened to the Yellow Hedgerow Dreamscape album? It's a compilation of b-sides from 1991 to 1995 but it is slowly shaping to be my other favorite from them. Funny how Wilson's b-sides are so much better.
>>
>>74563611
No, I didn't. I'll check it out, ty.
>>
>>74561735
I only listen to the instrumental version of this desu
>>
>this album contains watermarks
jesus, are record companies SO greedy that they're willing to literally alter the listener's experience (which sort of defeats the purpose of making a CD in the first place) just to get vengeance for uploading the files?
>>
Voyage 34 is the best album, prove me wrong
You can't though because I'm stubborn like that
>>
>>74561735
t. every Steven Wilson song ever
>>
>>74561822
Holy kek that's a funny story
>>
>>74561735
Anesthetize is modern prog masterpiece
The 3rd part gives me chills
>>
File: ttb.jpg (91KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
ttb.jpg
91KB, 1024x1024px
>Whiny God, who the fuck are you?
>Detonation for the greater good
>Sweating, can hear my heart
>'Cause when the world breaks
>You will feel the blast

How did he get away with this?
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.