[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you do while listening to new music?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_2033.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2033.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Do you just sit and stare while discovering a new album for instance? You browse mu? What are some good listening activities?
>>
Usually studying/work, or browsing the internet. Sometimes I'll just lie on my bed and listen to a full album, but thats pretty rare
>>
How I normally get into music is just let a playlist/soundcloud account/project etc. While lying half asleep in bed or while playing video games.
More usually the first.
>>
I either play vidya, watch twitch, or browse /mu/ and rym.
>>
I either browse 4chan, or play something like Binding of Isaac. Need some better ideas since those two are kinda crappy, might start drawing more.
>>
>>74553171
>I either play vidya, watch twitch
I hope you don't do this with new music.
>>
>>74553049
Working, driving, or sometimes i'll take late night walks.

I listened to God In Three Persons for the first time just walking around town at midnight. I'll never forget that experience.
>>
At night in my bed, browsing 4chan, as of right now
>>
Are you guys serious?

Good music deserves and requires your full attention.

I lie down and close my eyes.
>>
90 percent of /mu/ is people listening to music while shit posting with the other half of their brain.
>>
>>74553898
>>74555278
I'm gonna do whatever the fuck I want while I listen to music, i don't need to devote 100% of my mental power to listening to every little detail the first time I listen to something holy shit. Makes listening to music sound like work
>>
>>74555380

I don't think you actually like music. You just want background noise.
>>
File: 1497972158380.jpg (108KB, 904x711px) Image search: [Google]
1497972158380.jpg
108KB, 904x711px
>>74555380
Calm down bruh
>>
>>74555422
Yea okay, tell me how to enjoy the things that I like. You obviously know better than I do
>>
>>74555432
Lol sorry I just can't stand it when people get pretentious like that, everybody does things their own way and acting like you're better or something because you don't do anything while listening to music is stupid. I can wash dishes, clean the house, drive, browse online, hang with friends, shower or do pretty much anything while listening to music and it doesn't matter
>>
>>74553898
I'm usually paying more attention to the music anyway.
>>
>>74555524
I think its understandable. If someone was playing video games while watching a movie, you wouldn't usually say that they were fully immersing themselves in the movie. Why would music be any different?
>>
I run a lot (like, 40 miles a week). Usually I listen to podcasts, or nothing. But it's also a good time to check out new albums.
>>
>>74557747
first off a movie is both visual and aural so that immediately conflicts with the visual aspect of playing a video game and its like saying it's ok to listen to a podcast while listening to an album which is not at all what the point was. Second, a movie (most of the time) requires that you follow a story, usually thru dialogue throughout the entire movie. If you miss one pivotal moment in a movie, the rest of the movie will most likely not make much sense. This does not apply to an album, because missing one song or part of a song on an album does not completely hinder your ability to enjoy the rest of the album.
>>
>listening to music
>>
>>74557994
I guess a better analog would be listening to energetic rock or something while reading a book. You're right on the first part, but not worrying about missing a song or part of a song is why >>74555422 said what he did.
>>
I spent 2015 listening to new music, then spent 2016 listening to what I already love, now 2017 is new music again.
>>
>>74558261
I mean I guess man, but I'm most definitely listening to the music. I just don't understand why I can't do something that's menial and that takes no mental power, like playing a video game or washing dishes, while listening to music, one of the things I enjoy doing the most?
>>
play vidya
>>
>>74553049
Just kinda sit there, or while walking my dog

I find that if I try to do something like browse the internet or play vidya I lose focus on the music entirely.
>>
> not listening to your favorite albums with lights off in your room
> just you, your headphones and maybe some weed to relax
>>
>>74558728
I mean maybe like once or twice a week, but who has time to do this every time they want to listen to music lol
>>
>>74558398
You can do whatever you want, but you can honestly get a lot out of it by listening to music differently.
>>
What are some albums you guts plan to check out or that you recently discovered?
>>
>>74559364
>guts
Shit
>>
>>74558881
>New Album

Why did everyone miss this part of the post?
>>
I have sex
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.