[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Now that the dust has settled, do you like it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

Now that the dust has settled, do you like it?
>>
Yes. It had an overblown reaction. It's a minor classic that only pales because of their previous work.
>>
It's fine, definitely their worst album to date. Signs of Life and Creature Comfort are good, Chemistry is easily Arcade Fire's worst song
>>
This album fills me with the same feeling I had when Interpol released Our Love to Admire. I desperately tried to like it and find the positive things in it, but at the end of the day, there's simply no reason to listen to it, because you have better options to chose from.
>>
File: 1389022620386.gif (2MB, 580x433px) Image search: [Google]
1389022620386.gif
2MB, 580x433px
No I stopped listening half way through, life is too short.

>>74550565
Chemistry is what made me tap out. The album is 47 minutes long, you can afford to lose 3 minutes.
>>
>>74550626
That's an overreaction simply because the best songs are right at the end.
>>
>>74550570
OTLA has some nice tracks like Pioneer to the Falls, Rest My Chemistry, Pace Is the Trick and No I in Threesome, the s/t is total snoozefest though
>>
>>74550664
Oh I'm sure they are. It's too late anyways I already deleted it.
>>
>>74550681
Oh I forgot about s/t. Yeah maybe comparing OLTA to Reflektor makes more sense then. EN is like Interpol's s/t. Well, let's hope Arcade Fire's next one is like El Pintor then.
>>
Electric Blue is the only listenable song
fight me
>>
>>74550798
I really like the instrumental but Regine's voice is borderline unlistenable in some moments
>>
>>74550798
we don't deserve love and creature comfort and electric blue are the only sons that aren't crap
>>
>>74550205
Chemistry and good god damn are the only bad songs. Rest is solid and PYMOM/WDDL is the greatest 1-2 stretch in their discography
>>
>>74550205
I did until Anthony told me not to :(
>>
Yep. Lyrically weaker than their previous albums, but god damn catchy. Really I think the album would be solid as fuck if it weren't for the opening and close tracks and infinite content forcing the half-assed concept up my butt. Oh and ditch Chemistry too.

Still a good album. The haters are memeing as hard as Arcade Fire with their lame marketing campaign.
>>
>>74550565
Pretty much this.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.