[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

In most 2012-2013 threads, the majority of /mu/ seemed to think

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

File: DP_Parcels.jpg (537KB, 3000x1687px)
DP_Parcels.jpg
537KB, 3000x1687px
In most 2012-2013 threads, the majority of /mu/ seemed to think of Daft Punk as "meh" artists. Has the general opinion changed? Do you think they're good?
Also, any artist that you think are better that a Daft Punk fan could enjoy?
>>
>>74548786
Daft Punk has always been entry level/I could go tier electronic music on /mu/, I don't that has changed.

>Also, any artist that you think are better that a Daft Punk fan could enjoy?
Listen to everything on both of their labels and work your way from there.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi9bObK_RSs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kN6Ix9lv_k
>>
>>74548825
Thank you very much!
>>
>>74548786
Bland music
>>
I've always enjoyed their stuff. Although there was the dissapointment that was RAM I occasionally find myself coming back to discovery.

Though I do feel the fear of their next ep or album being another dissapointment
[spoiler]if they ever make one[/spoiler]
>>
>>74548825
Meme opinion
>>
>>74548892
their live album is among my favorites of all time :(
>>
File: pizza dog.png (843KB, 549x519px) Image search: [Google]
pizza dog.png
843KB, 549x519px
Daft Punk will always have a special place in my heart for introducing me to French House music. They were on of the first groups that I could really call myself a "fan" of.

There's a lot of ways to go looking for more music if you're a Daft Punk fan. You could check out Roule and Crydamoure, which were owned by Thomas and Guy respectively. You could also check out Ed Banger Records, which has a lot of artists that were heavily inspired by Daft Punk such as Justice, SebastiAn, and Breakbot.

If you like old style French House, you could check out Bob Sinclar, Motorbass' album Pansoul, and Alan Braxe's compilation album "The Upper Cuts."

You could also branch out into Plunderphonics/ Turntable music.
>>
Fell out of Daft Punk around RAM, the tracks were good but the album didn't quite feel like the sound I was used to.

Shortly after this point I got into j-funk and prog and that essentially filled the void. Italo occasionally as well.
>>
File: daftlive.jpg (32KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
daftlive.jpg
32KB, 640x480px
>>74549474
I saw them live in 2008, it was a different vibe back then
>>
Homework was really good back in the day.
Discovery is a masterpiece album. RAM was just uninspired imo.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.