[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, how sad are you, Anon?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5

File: The_Smiths_The_Smiths.jpg (16KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
The_Smiths_The_Smiths.jpg
16KB, 300x300px
So, how sad are you, Anon?
>>
incredibly sad. I have no idea what I should be doing with myself because I don't know what the fuck I want.
>>
>>74541788
I want the one I can't have, Anon.
How ironic she introduced me to this band.
>>
>>74541760
im a white guy in a 3rd world country full of low iq and violent psychos, sooo... pretty sad...
>>
>>74541862
I'm in the same exact position and I've got too much free time so I just spend all my spare time thinking about it and going through all the what ifs
>>
>>74541913
Do you listen to sadboi music?

Which country?
>>
>>74541931
I know how you feel, Anon.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjA7rcznPf8
God I wish the album sounded like this
greatest song ever
>>
>>74541931
Do you still have a chance to go after her?
>>
>>74541978
Doubt it. She's a part of my circle of friends so I still sometimes text her and stuff but I was hanging out with a buddy of mine a week or two ago and I glanced over and he was having a full convo with her when she left me on delivered so it's probably time to move on
>>
File: Morrissey (4).png (139KB, 635x635px) Image search: [Google]
Morrissey (4).png
139KB, 635x635px
LAST NIGHT I DREAMT....
>>
>>74542005
It will be fine, Anon.
>>
File: gilescorey.jpg (20KB, 300x269px) Image search: [Google]
gilescorey.jpg
20KB, 300x269px
theres no end in sight
>>
i don't feel loved at all. the relatioship keeps going, but we barely see each other now. uni is fucking me up, i'm studying architecture, shit's intense and cool, but i keep fucking things up. no goals seem to ever make me happy, no one listens to my music, not even after giving shitloads of feedback on these fucking threads, and yeah.
I don't know man, i've been fine for more than a year, I've lost lots of weight, i barely eat now, and, well, whatever was the feeling that kept me alive is gone
>>
>>74542083
Shit Anon. At least you had someone by your side.
>>
>>74542099
it's beautiful, but it sure fucks you up
i can't help but cringe and feeling like an ungrateful fuck while reading what i just commented. i'll call it a night. have a nice life if this thread isn't up by tomorrow
>>
>>74542198
Sleep tight anon. Its almost 9 am and I still havent slept myself.
>>
Not as much as I was. I had lost my job and was losing friends, worrying over things I could only speculate about, approaching suicide. But I finally got a job and came to terms with the fact that the friends I lost weren't good for me anyway. I'm regaining confidence, feeling a lot less anxiety regularly, and I'm attempting to reconnect with the friends I didn't leave on a sour note.
>>
I created this thread expecting to be blasted by contrarians for liking the smiths, not heavy feels )':
>>
>>74542342
But I love the Smiths. You must have good taste, anon.
>>
>>74542253
That's good, Anon.
>>
>>74541760
I do my best to bury my sadness every single day, I often go an entire week without seeing another person or ever stepping out my front door, the very rare times when I see the kids who were my whole world over ten years ago when I held them in my arms on the day they were born...all I think is, well this is depressing

When I'm at a medical appointment and have to answer the question about whether I have any friends, I still have to bring up my best friend from the past, who I haven't seen in nine months and now will just normally go more than a fucking month without replying to her e-mails...as if the fact that she still exists makes me less pathetic

The most exciting thing I have to look forward to every day is not knowing how many bugs I'll find crawling on me today

And now my headphones fucking broke and I can't listen to music properly and slowly am going mental but in the days since they broke still have been too scared to go outside to buy some more, as I get more and more defeated

That said, in terms of life sadness, I'd say maybe a 6.5/10, which is also what I'd rate the best albums in The Smiths discography
>>
>>74542349
A girl got me into them, for whatever the reason I hadnt heard about them or listened to them ever even though It's a band I should have probably known.

I dont think I have a good taste. I generally just listen to 80s-90s punk and Gabber.

Agent orange, The Smiths and Crass are basically my favourite bands. Also D.I.R.T.

>>74542353
How can you be so sad yet not like The Smiths desu.
>>
It's getting pretty bad desu. I just feel like a complete waste of a person. Any idea of me getting to some point of real happiness or fulfillment seems so foreign that it's almost not even worth contemplating. I'm honestly just waiting for the day that I can get over my reservations towards suicide.
>>
File: obsidian.jpg (19KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
obsidian.jpg
19KB, 500x500px
So many health issues, senpai.
I'm still only 23, not sure why everything is hitting me at once.

So, to all of you, at least you can say you have your health.
>>
>>74542422
>How can you be so sad yet not like The Smiths desu.
Probably because The Smiths aren't very sad, they are sort of like all the sad music I listened to as a teen and everyone has that sort of music. For a lot of people that music happens to be The Smiths but really all that music depends on the fact that when you listen to it as an adult, you're latching on to the sadness of your youth and how nostalgic that was in comparison to the sadness you feel now that you couldn't have comprehended then. That sort of music just isn't sad unless you associate it with the past, which is why it's teen music like The Smiths or Nirvana or Blink-182 that gets so much derision from people because it generally won't make sense unless you're a kid when you first hear it.

In the past twelve months, since I was fired from the job I've had ever since I ran away from home as a teenager, I'm generally too depressed to even regularly listen to sad music because depression =/= sadness

Depression is slowly shutting down as a functioning human being, and part of the stuff that goes is emotions like sadness, I wish I could feel enough to be sad but I don't have it in me these months

Most of my all-time favorite albums are very sad for me though so it is generally my preferred field of listening, but unfortunately, listening to those when I'm not happy enough to feel sad kinda ruins them so I can't even turn to the confirmed classics and have to just hope I'll stumble on a new one that'll get me
>>
>>74542508
>So, to all of you, at least you can say you have your health.
That's a pretty selfish and ignorant thing to say (though I understand where it's coming from, depression makes you naturally forget other people exist). That said, I know for me not being alone doesn't really mean that much if there's no example of someone who went through what I did and then turned out alright in the end.

I learned the hard way that when you don't have your mental health, losing your physical health on top of that is excruciating in a way that can be hard to comprehend but I hope you can make it through or find some peace with it all.
>>
>>74542476
Just keep trudging along and do your best. Take a moment to appreciate what you've got, and take solace in anything you enjoy. Only time can deliver happiness, only if you stay to see the day.
>>
>>74542572
>That's a pretty selfish and ignorant thing to say

I don't understand where the selfish bit comes from, but I'll concede that I'm being a bit presumptuous. I've dealt with depression for some time, but, at least for me, my mental health has taken a backseat to my physical health, and doesn't even compare to the amount of suffering I have to deal with now. I've come to know depression to a T, but this is another monster entirely. I'm reminded of my physical decline on a daily fucking basis, and I literally cannot sleep normally because my body prevents it. Could you imagine? I can't even sleep in my own fucking bed. I've lost the feeling of safety that comes with sleeping.

I don't know, man.
I am hell.
>>
>>74542646
>Take a moment to appreciate what you've got, and take solace in anything you enjoy.
I do that every day, and seeing all that I have and all the potential for contentment just makes me feel even worse for not being able to make anything of it. The only things I do seem to enjoy only do so because they fulfill my occasional narcissistic/approval seeking tendencies. Even when actual opportunity comes a long and I just turn it away and I don't know why.

I do recognize that suicide just guarantees an unfulfilled life while trudging on keeps the options open, but I'm just saying that I feel like that switch will flip at some point and I'll no longer be able to see an value in that. It just feels so hopeless sometimes.
>>
>>74542675
As in its selfish to go to a gathering of sad people and tell them none of their problems matter because yours exist. Years ago, when I was having issues maintaining my mental health and the job that was my only lifeline, the store manager pulled me aside and gave me a long speech about how I had no right to be upset because there were refugees in the world. And in the moment, that was one of the most insulting things anyone ever said to me, you can't solve another person's problems by telling them someone else has it worse, everyone handles problems differently and some people are inherently weaker than others and the same problem will be more difficult. You don't console a ten year old whose mom just died in front of them in a housefire that they shouldn't feel bad because a forty year old lost BOTH his parents in a car accident when he was driving. Internal problems can't be compared like that.

But yes, I can imagine what you're going through, and I know the circumstances aren't the same but the core principles of not even being able to sleep in your bed or eat at your table or bathe yourself or go to the bathroom without possibly having to down some addictive painkillers afterward, I understand all of those and know that even with a history of a lifelong depression, trying to return to work just so you can see someone after months of being alone and then having to go to the hospital and back on medical leave after only a minimal amount of physical effort, losing your physical health just causes everything to come crumbling down around you.

It sucks to have to go through at such a young age too instead of when its normal for everyone to experience such things, and not having anyone there to share in your pain can drive you insane. But ultimately, it is temporary, there's no such thing as a permanent problem for any one person, I just hope you can find relief sooner rather than later, however that may be.
>>
File: 1440279243938.jpg (205KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1440279243938.jpg
205KB, 768x1024px
>>74541931
same happens with me right now and I can't do much until summer ends and I have activities to distract me, until then I'm left alone with periodically striking thoughts of suicide and extreme sadness
and it happened a few days after my birthday too
>>
>>74542807
>without possibly having to down some addictive painkillers afterward

Honestly, I think I would prefer that. That would make things a hell of a lot easier.

Thanks though, holding out hope that this is truly temporary.
>>
>>74541862
>I want the one I can't have
2 years in, guys... this shit is crushing my soul t b h
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rg8ix5TsdwQ
>>
I'm actually all right nowadays, thank you.
>>
I soiled the only good relationship that I ever had.
Music for this feel?
>>
my only friend, one that i've known since school left for a job abroad. that was february. i haven't seen anyone or done anything since.
i can deal with day to day living by warding off any feelings of loneliness and sadness with mindless internet consumption. but then it's 2am, and something about sitting alone in the darkness and hearing the stillness around you, brings out all those feelings you keep suppressed deep down.

as trite as it sounds, the smiths are one of those bands that makes you feel a little less alone in this life.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h66-EvYMThQ
>>
I went to uni last year, did so many drugs and generally became a fucking waste, never went to class etc. Managed to get into another uni this year but worried about not making any friends and just getting depressed and lonely and dropping out again.
I cant stay in this shitty town forever though.
>>
>>74541760
Just a bit. I'm happy overall with my life, currently dating an amazing girl, but there's always some kind of sadness in the back of my mind that becomes especially noticeable when I'm sitting in my workplace doing nothing. But all I need to do is think of how nice things are right now and I get happy again.

The only thing that bothers me is that I'm almost done with college and still have no idea of what I'm going to do with my life.

My favourite kind of sad songs are the ones that sound happier than their lyrics, I guess. Pet Sounds, Weezer's first albums, The Smiths, that kind of stuff.

Speaking of that, I've got Here Today, from the Beach Boys, stuck in my head. I hate that I find those lyrics relatable as I'm beggining a new relationship right now.
>>
>>74541760
I fucked my spine to the point of not feeling it in the middle, but on the left side of my back. Probably will need to go through an operation in the future, or will end up in a wheelchair, because of my own stupidity.
And right now I'm listening to Warning - Watching from a Distance
But I don't feel sad, just disappointed in myself and feeling like human waste.
>>
>>74542005
fuck, that's shit man. I know how you feel :(
>>
>>74545171
nonce, manage your drugs and study better next time
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.