[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the secret to being patrician, /mu/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2

File: hmmm.png (37KB, 396x400px) Image search: [Google]
hmmm.png
37KB, 396x400px
What is the secret to being patrician, /mu/?
>>
not giving a shit about what /mu/, or anyone for that matter, thinks about your taste
>>
>>74538093
Listening to albums if they interest you regardless of their genre and being able to defend your opinions on records while sparking interesting discussion about them. Also taking other opinions as separate perspectives to consider instead of adopting them because you can't make up your own damn mind.
>>
>>74538135
quality answer honestly
>>
>>74538093
listening beyond the canon, essentials, flowcharts that are spoonfed to you
>>
>>74538093
Listening to Grimes, the only patrician artist of the 2010s.
>>
>>74538131
fpbp
>>
>>74538215
Fuck off obscurefag
>>
>>74538131
Correct
>>
>>74538215
this
>>
>>74538215
only true answer in this thread
>>
>>74538093
Buttplugs and gaping yourself
>>
>>74538385
>thinking straying from mucore means listening strictly to obscurities
>thinking mucore encompasses all popular music

maybe you're the problem
>>
>>74538135
>>74538215
>>74538131
/thread
>>
Listening to almost every genre of music. Traditional folk, western classical, jazz, soul, r&b, funk, disco, rock, house, techno, breaks, free improvisation, field recordings, tape music, noise, etc.

>>74538131
Wrong

>>74538215
Correct
>>
>>74538590
So you should care about what others think about your taste? Explain.
>>
>>74538590
No thats a contrarian buddy
>>
File: 1500566320180.jpg (81KB, 740x750px) Image search: [Google]
1500566320180.jpg
81KB, 740x750px
the secret to being patrician is to go to /chart/ threads and realize that 70% of the people here have fucking garbo taste.
you'll constantly see people spam threads with entry level shit like mac demarco, unironically praise butt-rock like alice in chains, and monotonous meme rap and trap, as well as acting like NIN is a good band and trent a better songwriter than his contemporaries.
/mu/ was never completely perfect, but 2010-2013 was the most enjoyable time before faggots from other places started flooding in.
>inb4 "hurr reddit boogeyman"
you can't deny the quality of this board and 4chan in general, has decreased as reddit started getting more and more popular and weirdly having some type of crossover appeal to here.
>>
>>74538648
>the secret to being patrician is realizing that /mu/ has shit taste
So then most of /mu/ is patrician?
>>
>>74538590
t. I treat music like crossing off a sterile joyless checklist
>>
First it's that patrician is a misused term. After that I suppose greater knowledge but not necessarily in the things that seem obvious.
>>
>>74538093
I don't give a shit about being patrician I just like what I like. My taste ranges from mainstream stuff to super underground stuff. It doesn't matter what it is. If it's good I'll fuck with it.
Music shouldnt be a fashion statement
>>
>>74538093
eat breakfast and don't stay up too late
>>
>>74538093
Taste in music is irrelevant. All you have to do is believe you're better than everyone else and poof - you're patrician.
>>
>>74538093
being able to find unpopular music that you genuinely enjoy
any music that isnt recommended or praised by any forum or site
until then you can never be sure that your taste isn't 100% informed and determined by others
>>
>>74538093
not listening to music made by or appreciated by niggers
>>
>>74538093
be ashamed for listen to a song for the first time in a movie or videogame.
>>
>>74538131
This is literally what niggers do.
Stop spreading this "be yourself" trash advice in all of its variants, haven't the /fit/ memes taught you better by now.
>>
>>74538093
Being insecure enough to actually believe in /mu/'s idea of this purely memetic dichotomy is the first step to being stupid enough to aim for the meaningless status of "patrician".
>>
>>74538093
Study musical aesthetics and the development of western music from Gregorian chants to present-day electroboops. Work towards being able to integrate an understanding of your personal preferences in music with the music-theoretical concepts that bring them to fruition; that is, know what you like AND why you like on both an aesthetic and theoretical level.
>>
>>74538093
never stop looking
>>74539286
also this
>>74540975
but not this
>>
>>74538093
Call yourself patrician.
>>
>>74538093
play music and know your history
>>
>>74540975
nigger music is better than whatever the fuck you got. I'd rather listen to some nice P funk or whatever than retarded ass screeching metal or some vaporwave bullshit
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.