[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /mu/ think of Opeth?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: bed016f6cb6f4f3495caa38c7b2cbeca.jpg (123KB, 770x1006px) Image search: [Google]
bed016f6cb6f4f3495caa38c7b2cbeca.jpg
123KB, 770x1006px
What does /mu/ think of Opeth?
>>
Great prog metal band hated by neckbeard elitists

Their last 3 non metal albums are meh though
>>
Replacing Martin Lopez was the worst idea ever.

My arms your hearse
Still life
Black waterpark
Damnation
Deliverance

What a fucking string of albums that was.
>>
>>74536592

pretty good, I really like Still Life
>>
Not really much of a prog guy, but I love Damnation. That's a fuckin' comfy acoustic album.
>>
if someone's favorite band is opeth they are probably the type of person to post on the Kingdom Hearts gamefaqs forum and have a forum signature that quotes themselves.
>>
>>74536643

also funny how the /mu/ elitists hate the bands that normies consider for elitists.
>>
>>74536719
The fuck does that mean lol
>>
>>74536592
I love them, Watershed is one of my favorite albums of all time. The Lotus Eater, Burden and Hex Omega are flawless songs, especially Burden.

A big fan of Pale Communion and >>74536670
this string of albums as well
>>
ghost reveries mad underrated
>>
They're probably the metal band I got the deepest into. Still Life was my favorite album of theirs.
>>
>>74536592
One of my fav bands, left a big impression on me in my late teens. I still listen to them time to time, Damnation is such a great album, I used to listen to it a lot when I had anxiety attacks and it calmed me down and even helped me sleep sometimes.
Black water park
Damnation
Still life
Deliverance
>>
BFF
>>
>>74536592
Life isn’t fair to you. You have few friends. You haven’t succeeded at anything, school or otherwise. Even your parents think they consumed too much Bisphenol-A before conceiving you. But you’ve found a new weapon; you’re going to show everyone you’re better than them. Enter the fake progressive rock band. Opeth take very simple songs and dress them up with prog rock lite flourishes, and “unexpected” changes like ZOMG going from acoustic to distorted on the chorus, because they know that all you low self-esteem cases want a reason to seem smarter and more profound than the rest of us. Well, now you have it. Opeth “sounds like” prog even if it has none of what made prog great: real musical development, song structures that build upon themes instead of being random, and truly mindblowing chops. Instead, you get watered down Rush riffs and random songs, all with a lot of guilt and bleeding-heart sympathy because they, Opeth, know you are a loser. Stop comparing homosexuals and Mac users to Opeth. It’s an undeserved insult to homosexuals.
>>
Me listen to Opeth? How about a big NOPEth! These filthy euro freakwads should stop flinging out disgusting prog licks and go back to eating Swedish Fish at their mom's meatball-infested cottage. I would rather listen to ABBA than this vile wankery! Sad to see a bunch of cheeseboys act like any of the refried teenage angst was ever any good! I would rather listen to the KoRn discography on repeat while smashing my sack against a ripened durian than ever listen to one very tiny second of this band's shallow puddle of puberty-friendly ballads. These euro nobodies are as washed up, seepy, yeasty, and infertile as the semen from all of the members of the 1970s bands they wish to be! Truly I would rather listen to the sounds of such vicious and dope liquids slooshing around a test tube than have to deal with these fake metal Simon and Garfunkels any longer. Yes now I see it is quite fitting that they are from Stockholm! All of their two-showers-a-month fans are down with the Syndrome!
>>
>>74536592
After discovering Opeth I had to drop almost all of the music I previously listened to because of the discrepancy of musical quality.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.