[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Knife

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

they're fucking back together lads! AOTY incoming.
>>
>>74535502
the knife great band
>>
>>74535502
nah its going to suck
STH will be their best. should have just gotten a fever ray release instead.
>>
Yet another band coming out of retirement after announcing they were done? Man, fuck that.
>>
>>74535502
source
>>
>>74535502
I really hope its not just a compilation album or something. I remember seeing on Instagram last year that Karin was recording something for a project so I hope its new music.
>>
Just now realizing the she's also Fever Ray. That's weird. As someone that liked Fever Ray, what should I check out first from The Knife, having never really listened before?
>>
I CAN'T BREATHE

>>74536528
Shaking the Habitual is by far their most experimental, colorful release yet. It's about 90 minutes long so it's a bit of a worker.
Silent Shout is a lot more accessible but still a little off-putting for some.
Everything before that is just simple synth-pop, e.g.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcv3v6XfEvM

I think Fever Ray is coming back soon, too, by the way.
>>
>>74536528
The Knife is basically Fever Ray but faster
>>
>>74535502
Lol I knew the retirement wouldn't last

I really hope they take it in a more interesting direction this time, maybe something harder or more techno

As long as they drop some of the preaching, I think I'll like it. I never minded the message, I just think the music took a backseat along with a lot of the entertainment value.
>>
>>74536105
Well at least they didn't have a show at madison square garden and sell a $200 vinyl.
>>
>>74536528
SIlent Shout is the one that falls in line the most with the Fever Ray s/t, but all their albums are worth checking out, even if just out of curiosity
>>
>>74536770
>as long as they drop some of the preaching

Yeah that's probably not happening, look at the political climate they're returning to -it's probably a significant reason they're coming back in the first place.
>>
Shaking the Habitual isn't very good in retrospect.
Some of the songs are straight up boring.
>>
File: 120522-gene-ween.png (288KB, 620x413px) Image search: [Google]
120522-gene-ween.png
288KB, 620x413px
>>74535502
holy shiT
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.