[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Guitar Pedals

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: img_7525.jpg (52KB, 456x685px) Image search: [Google]
img_7525.jpg
52KB, 456x685px
What are some cheap/inexpensive must have guitar pedals? So far I have a Big Muff but I'm looking for a delay pedal primarily but i'm open to whatever.
>>
Ibanez makes a nice DS7 distortion pedal that you can find for $20-30 used. It's loud as hell.

Boss DS-1 is good if you want a light Distortion pedal. Don't let anybody tell you it's shit.
>>
You need a DS-1 type distortion, and some soft booster/overdrive pedals to boost the sound of your Muff
These are all the distortion pedals you need, besides them, get a delay, flanger and a cheap EQ pedal that can also be used to boost certain frequencies in front of distortion/fuzz

I own a Muff and a Fuzz Face copy, and besides those a Digitech Death Metal that's complete and utter trash, but produces a lo-fi saturated sound that's perfect for harsh noise
>>
>>74525366
If you dont mind using digital and youre looking for a bunch of pedals in one, get a bitquest. Its kinda pricy but good if youre not looking to get crazy stacking effects

It really depends on what sounds you want to make

DD6 is the superior model btw
>>
Maybe check this guy out
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFJNgqcX7u0
I don't know a lot about inexpensive delay pedals.

For a must have set up, I use a pedal tuner, wah, clean boost/overdrive, delay through a tube amp. I feel like anything else is embellishment.
>>
>>74525366
What kind of amp do you use? Solid State, digital, tube?
>>
What do pedal bros here think of power supplys? My overdrive can't run on battery for more than 20 minutes but on an adapter it's fine. Is it fine to never use batteries?
>>
>>74525907
I used a gator power supply for a long time. i never noticed any negative side effects besides the cord shorting out (my fault for not taking care of it). I use only batteries now, but I only run 3 pedals and it works for me. What OD are you using?
>>
>>74525899
does it matter if its solid state or tube?

>>74525989
It's a Digitech Blues Screamer, a blues driver clone with a treble and bass knob
>>
>>74526056
I think so. When you push a tube amp, you get a warm natural overdrive. i clean boost would be more suitable in my opinion. With a solid state, usually, you'll have the clean and dirty channel, and as you increase the volume, it doesn't break up (if it does, it's the speaker , not a natural OD from the tubes). Please keep in mind I am a minimalist when it comes to my setup, I usually control my volume, gain through my guitars volume knob. My buddy used to have one of those. What amp do you use? Also do you just play by yourself, do you jam with a band or do you play shows?
>>
>>74526148
right now I'm starting out, I've played a few times with others but using other gear (not in school now), not playing with anyone now though. If I'd be playing it'd be in a group. I got a cheap 75w solid state from an unknown brand, it's for the loud clean channel.
>>
>>74526181
That's good to start with, use the clean channel to make the base of your tone. What style of music are you looking to play? My buddy used to have a Digitech blues screamer back in the, its a good entry level od/dist pedal. You can google settings for it most likey. Try those and play around with it from there.
>>
>>74525415
>Boss DS-1 is good if you want a light Distortion pedal. Don't let anybody tell you it's shit.
This so much. I never understood people saying it's shit. It's so good, unless you play some kind of extreme death metal, that pedal will be great. I use it all the time for distortion ranging from light to pretty hard. I love it. So cheap and moddable too.
>>
>>74526216
I like to play around with stuff like Unwound and Red House Painters, but yeah thanks for the advice.
>>
>>74526148
I'm aiming for a minimal setup too. I think the DS-1 is a good bet to accompany my big muff,
I'm looking at the DD-6 or 7 though for delay. Then i'll just get a chorus pedal and that'll be me
>>
>>74525907
You know you have to unplug the input jack or it drains the battery?
>>
>>74525366
why is Big Muff such a fucking meme pedal now
>>
>>74525824
Dude that's a fucking boutique-tier pedal, Dr. Scientist products just aren't worth
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.