[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is it always possible to separate the artist from the art

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 413
Thread images: 20

File: 4L_3PYMaM8F.png (113KB, 545x484px) Image search: [Google]
4L_3PYMaM8F.png
113KB, 545x484px
is it always possible to separate the artist from the art
>>
It's never possible. Something you should perhaps strive to do just never achieve.
>>
I just want to say i'm so, so sorry, all cuck people are responsible for Lorde's thrive and fall, we have to do better. i'm sorry.
>>
>>74525344
Jesus christ I'm never buying anything from that whore
>>
nah never she is a self-hating racemixing whore. stop listening to her.
>>
I see no artist in this case
>>
>>74525344
I mean she's technically correct

White Europeans tried their hardest to build America into the superpower it is today and now white liberals are trying their hardest to tear it down
>>
>>74525344
take the opportunity you've been given and find a better musician to listen to.
>>
>>74525344
She's a sweet girl
>>
>>74525344
The artist has to be good, but she's not.
>>
I don't see anything wrong with what she said especially after yesterday.

>muh pride
>muh race

Pride is for queers and the biggest victim to white people is the insecurity of those who are boring enough to define themselves by their race.
>>
>>74525344
Fuck you I want proof this is real fuck
>>
FUCK DRUMPF AND FUCK WHITE PEOPLE
>>
>>74525446
what happend yesterday? i didn't watch news, sorry.
>>
>>74525446
what happened yesterday
>>
>>74525407
she said "all" though? how the fuck am I responsible? she is being objectively racist here.
>>
Dicks everywhere
>>
>>74525446
>I'm white sounds better than unemployed
Y'all shot your selves in the foot with your insecure beta selves
>>
>>74525455
twitter.com/lorde
>>
>>74525344
"artist"
""""""art""""""
>>
>>74525467
>>74525468
Charlottesville
>>
File: tall shota.jpg (462KB, 1920x1363px) Image search: [Google]
tall shota.jpg
462KB, 1920x1363px
>reaps up all the benefits of being a white western women
>LE EVIL WHITE PEOPLE >_<
>>
>>74525446
u le cuck xD
>>
>another race wars thread

MODS

MODS

MODS
>>
>>74525493
reading the wikipedia article right now

this is fucking hilarious
>>
>>74525528
:)
>>
File: David Byrne.jpg (39KB, 442x884px) Image search: [Google]
David Byrne.jpg
39KB, 442x884px
>>74525344
Her brother is a better musician anyway.
>>
>>74525499
The expert's got a nice pair of autism shoes.
>>
>>74525591
He looks like he's maximum comfy to me
>>
>muslim terrorist attack happens
>apologize on behalf of all white people for muslims
>white terrorist attack happens
>apologize on behalf of all white people for white people
why are white liberals the most pathetic people on earth?
>>
File: lo.jpg (41KB, 780x905px) Image search: [Google]
lo.jpg
41KB, 780x905px
>>74525591

What the fuck are autism shoes?
>>
File: 3.png (62KB, 300x433px) Image search: [Google]
3.png
62KB, 300x433px
>>74525344
I know its not entirely relevant to the topic, though why do artists always type in lower-case? You'd think for many of these musicians who would presumably be well-read and attentive to poetry/ prose that they'd attain impeccable grammar even on the internet, yet instead they type like 10 year old's who've only recently discovered the internet. It confounds me, I mean she isn't even capitalizing the I's, even a five year old can do that. Its not as if proof-reading your text or typing correctly is a skill or talent, its what you should be doing in the very first place! Simply peer at the Radiohead AMA where Thom Yorke (a graduate of English at the University of Exeter) still refuses to capitalize his every response appropriately, as if he finds this manner of atrocious grammar/ syntax to render some form of artistic statement.

As to answer the question, easily. Sure it used to rustle my jim-jams when an artist attempted to make a political message though now I don't tend to find myself all that bothered - its so commonplace in the media for celebrities to denounce that which is seen as being morally bereft that I'm hardly surprised, still sometimes these artists do confuse me. I understand that making political statements allows an artists to increase their public image though in many cases they seem genuinely serious to a capacity that would have your average social media user accused of being a "troll", they refuse to cite facts/ statistics that could actually form a proper retort against an individual/ movement and instead make vapid remarks that hold little to no water seemingly for the sake of doing so. Personally I long for the day where both camps of the left and right are forced into a "bottle episode" scenario where they would actually have to work out their differences and at least make an effort to understand one-another, yet the promise of conflict and the miasma of churlish chanting is the real reason behind the current divide, I'm sure.
>>
>>74525549
it was the first time in 26 years of living that i was actually ashamed for being white and from the suburbs.

that shit was pure, unaduterated cringe.
>>
>>74525678
post successful!
>>
>>74525678
lower case makes everything wound woker
>>
>>74525446
wtf does her statement have to do with what you said or what happened yesterday
>>
File: 49874894.png (34KB, 133x158px) Image search: [Google]
49874894.png
34KB, 133x158px
>>74525678
W A L L

O F

T E X T
>>
>>74525675
>What the fuck are autism shoes?
Yeezys
>>
>>74525707
what the fuck did you think it was in response to?
>>
Fuck this whole thread
>>
>>74525678
It is a laxer standard of internet english that has developed naturally to make international communication easier. It tends to make the writer more approachable, trustworthy and comprehensible rather than the overly fussy hyper-correction of your own style for instance.
>>
>>74525728
obviously, but the statement is completely disconnected from the event, and that guy's post is completely disconnected from both that tweet and the event. it's just two examples of non sequitur

>white nationalist march
>lorde: white people are responsible for this system's thrive and fall
>Pride is for queers and the biggest victim to white people is the insecurity of those who are boring enough to define themselves by their race

the 3rd thing is a criticism of teh first thing, but for some reason it was a statement made in defense of the 2nd thing which is completely disconnected

i'm confused
>>
Bruh progressives are fucking dumb as shit do you people not see them doing their circus tricks
>>
fuck the left and the right.
>>
>>74525773
desu anyone who lives and breathes poltics 24/7 is an annoying cunt and should be culled for humanity's sake (unless they're actually politicians ofc)
>>
/pol/ BTFO once again
>>
>>74525446
>those who are boring enough to define themselves by their race.

So like what Lorde just did then?
>>
>>74525798
>(unless they're actually politicians
politicians deserve the first row on the execution fields
>>
>>74525798
that's a lot of people these days. there's constant coverage. it's infiltrated so much of our other media too. people think everything is so drastically chaotic today but they're really just paying too much attention.
>>
>>74525801
Acknowledging that you are white =/= defining yourself as white

I'm a white person but i don't let that define who i am. Considering that Lorde is a musician and not, say, an alt-right blogger, neither does she.
>>
>>74525820
Or worse expelled
>>
>>74525761
Is that so? I understand approachable though surely it would be more trustworthy coming from someone who writes in a more "official" style so to speak, I personally wouldn't trust a self-proclaimed "professor" in any field if they ignored the basic rules of grammar, and OP's picture is merely an aberration to say the least. Of course it depends on the context, grammar does not particularly matter on 4Chan given that there is no user system (thankfully) and so no reputation to defend or intellectual status to proclaim, though when its a world-renowned musician trying to put across a universal message then surely it is entirely different ball-game.
>>
>>74525798
True desu but the bulk of the violent annoying retards is progressive wieners
>>
>>74525827
she seems to believe in collectivized racial guilt so I'm pretty sure she defines herself by her race
>>
Music
>>
>>74525827
Lol... sounds like you got it all worked out
>>
>>74525446
>of those who are boring enough to define themselves by their race.
Fucking this lol.
>>
>>74525850
fueled by those antifa cunts, really I know this is cheesy but all violent organisations should be dealt with in the hardest way possible. They're effectively taking our right to protest peacefully, they'll infiltrate literally anywhere
>>
>>74525870
Kek
>>
>>74525854
>she seems to believe in collectivized racial guilt
after what happened yesterday, it's hard not to. and i never thought i would say that, but considering that those white nationalist protests started over an oversized participation trophy, i don't even have the words for how cringe-worthy that is.
>>
>>74525878
It's great how if you're progressive you can riot, assault anybody, be as racist as possible, censor music and still have the media sucking your dick. It's almost like the media has an agenda
>>
apologizing for privilege is so goddamn dumb holy fucking shit
>>
>>74525904
your mistake is assuming america equates the whole world
>>
>>74525904
>One lardass gets flustered from a mob surrounding his car and hits the accelerator
>ban white people
You people are all fucking stupid stuff is sad
>>
>>74525904
>after what happened yesterday, it's hard not to.
more non-sequitur wtf
>>
>>74525927
i didn't, and to be fair, that's a good point in regards to Lorde.

>>74525932
jesus fucking christ if that's what you got out of my point, you have much worse problems. i would take a good long look in the mirror if i were you.
>>
>>74525922
True, calling your own existence a privilege is a fucking meme
>>
>>74525976
>collectivized racial guilt is something that should be treated seriously in any way shape or form
>everything I don't like is nahzis
Smash your head in with a pan and go cry about your debt you stupid sack of shit
>>
>>74525845
I'd say it was the exact opposite for most people. There is such a distrust of authority and their supposed tendency to hide what they mean under convoluted language, that plain, rough speaking is preferred. English with structure which is considered before hand will seem too stilted for many who would prefer a more conversational style that sounds like their friend had txted them. And this goes for expertise too: a scientist that explains global warming using complex terms and graphs will always lose out to the demagogue that talks in apocalyptic end times speech or soothing "needn't worry" kind of talk.
>>
File: IMG_3028.png (146KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3028.png
146KB, 640x1136px
>the american system was built on institutional racism
>that's why asians earn more than you in your own country

Lol these white supremacists instutions need to pick their game up
>>
>>74526011
>Obama was black
Progressives are really really bad at this
>>
>>74525904
The entire number of protestors yesterday is a 1/3 of the population of the tiny suburb in the middle of fucking nowhere that I live in. These white pride twats ain't worth giving the airtime to, they're a non-entity.
>>
>>74526011
the funny thing is that the system is currently rigged against both whites and asians in affirmative action in universities and workplace "diversity" hiring policy
>>
>>74525915
>. It's almost like the media has an agenda
yeah its called getting views
the media doesnt care
>>
>>74526011
is this what white privilege looks like?
>>
>>74526002
that's pretty much the response i expected.

again, i would do some internal searching if i were you.
>>
>>74526004
I suppose I can see where you're coming from here, thanks for your insight anon. Have a good-day!
>>
>>74526106
No. THIS is what white privilege looks like
>>
>>74526098
Which is why they lied about the Russia collusion and journalists care dumb-dumb
>>
>>74525796
Both sides have a problem with middle class LARPers who think they're part of a revolution but are nothing more than a welcome distraction for a failing two party system.
>>
>>74526128
this desu
>>
>>74526127
because it gives them attention. they are heartless animals picking whatever said they can to keep them alive and running.
they don't care about the left or right. just whatever watches them brainlessly
>>
>>74526128
i agree. the elites are keeping us busy with their dumb revolutionary shit
i wonder whats going on behind the scenes?
>>
>>74526109
>"I'm gonna keep spitting out the same reatrded line, yes I'm getting paid a chicken, she's very fertile"
You stupid motherfucker it's not hard to look at what's happened on the inverse
>>
>>74526127
>Which is why they lied about the Russia collusion

They didn't collude, but Russia did use them. Donnie was just too dumb to realize it was happening.
>>
>>74526162
Ahh so do you finally have the proof of that a year in or you just still saying whatever in the hopes it'll stick? Because it literally has ZERO ZILCH 0 proof
>>
>>74525344
Whorde
>>
>>74526176
All the contacts with Russian entities between people in his camp is enough. The fact that people like Sessions felt the need to lie about it is enough proof.
>>
Why the fuck is this thread still up what the fuck are the mods doing
>>
>>74526191
>>>/trash/
>>>/your moms womb/
Shit sounds like a broken record sorest losers in existence holy fuck don't cover yourself in so much butter next time goddamn retard
>>
>>74526196
I've been posting ITT way too much and i agree.

to answer the OP: yes. yes it is.
>>
>>74525344
no, maybe 2 or 3 centuries ago it was
>>
>>74525904
>after what happened yesterday, it's hard not to
Only if you're a fucking retard
>>
>>74526208
Nobody cares about the election itself, it's over. We're simply acknowledging the interference of a foreign entity in our democracy. People are going to be okay with that because it benefitted "muh side". I can't be mad considering that i never liked killary, but i am disappointed at people okay with being used just to "stick it to muh SJW scum" or whatever it is that motivates them.
>>
>>74526234
>We're simply acknowledging the interference of a foreign entity in our democracy.
with no proof.
>>
>>74526244
>>74526191
>>
>>74526234
>We're simply acknowledging the interference of a foreign entity in our democracy
WITH ZERO FUCKING PROOF
>We're
Why the plural sweetie?
>>
>>74526191
>All the contacts with Russian entities between people in his camp is enough
If this was enough he wouldn't be the President anymore
>>
>>74526246
zero proof. just assumptions
>>
>>74526263
There's ample proof because foreign entities interfering in an open election process is common. The question is if it is blatant such as Obama commenting on Brexit which is the kind of interference almost every country tries to pull, or if it is more direct and underhand. Russia undeniably did the former, the latter is under investigation.
>>
>>74526335
>There's ample proof
>A bunch of shit that isn't even connected to your claim
Laughing at you audibly
>>
>>74525446
No way, blaming a whole race for some stupid thing a group of racist lossers did is just wrong, i like blaming current Germans for the holocaust.
>>
>>74526359
I'm not claiming anything about russian collusion with trump, i'm explaining how democracy works in international politics.
>>
>>74526401
>Russia undeniably did the former
>I'm not claiming anything about russian collusion with trump
No but you're implying it you're insanely bad at this can I speak with your superior
>>
>>74525578
Kek
>>
Why are non-American celebs always so eager to attract attention to themselves on issues that have nothing to do with their respective countries?

What I mean is, why do us non-Americans give a single fuck about what happens in that shithole of a country?
>>
>>74526493
Lorde is a dumb, edgy sjw. That's why
>>
>>74526493
attention
>>
Oh look, it's a thiny veiled /pol/ thread.

It's always fun watching you sensitive snowflakes get triggered by musicians not being alt right autists.
>>
>blaming Nazism on whites
>not on Nazis
>>
>>74526493
$$$$$$
>>
>>74526535
>>74526547
What worries me the post personally is, why do non-yankees want to be yankees so much?

Being a non-yankee who lives in the first world is the single biggest privilege in history
>>
>>74526558
>mad sjw
Lmao
>>
>>74526581
I know nothing about politics. Is America even considered a first world country anymore? it's pretty shitty here I M O
>>
>>74526581
americans control pop culture. something crazy is always going on here. if you want attention being trying to appeal to americans is the key

for example this br song has 93m views. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkJ5Lc0WwVw
but because americans radio stations or media didn't talk about . /mu/ or the avg american on facebook could careless about it.

but that shitty daddy yankeee song got played in america it has 1b views.
>>
>>74526561
>hey guys nazis are bad but aren't SJWs just as bad???
>don't you think nazis deserve "free speech"
>hey, those nazi's have some pretty good ideas about refugees, women and trans people....
-t. average white person
>>
>>74526635
t. white person
>>
>>74526635
i think you mean avg white person on 4chan/reddit nobody thinks like that in real life. not even the vast majority gives a fuck about sjws or nazis. people have jobs and kids to look after.
>>
Ugh
>>
>>74526635
t. <130 iq commie majoring in an embarrassing humanities degree
>>
>>74525678
i prefer much more that simple and clear lowercase style of those artists than your vapid, pretentious, wall of text, convoluted style of yours.
>>
>>74526558
because there's no possible room for opinion between literally apologizing for being white and being "alt-right" it's either one or the other, right?

you fucking idiot
>>
>>74525578
all my keks, i love reviewbrah.
>>
>>74526688
There is room between "apologizing for being white' and being alt right. There's also some nuance to her tweet which the majority of this board (yourself included) can't seem to grasp.

But I'm sure all the people shouting "cuck" and calling her a "racemixing whore" are just middle ground type people. Give me a break. Ever wonder how any vague "social justice" comment from a musician gets these shitposts while no one gives a solitary fuck about varg being a literal nazi?
>>
>>74526558
Im a centrist neoliberal and I think Lorde is an idiot. What happened yesterday was terrorism, but blaming a whole race for that is fucking dumb.
>>
>>74526735
>Im a centrist neoliberal and I think Lorde is an idiot.
Not sure what one has to do with the other
>>
>>74526733
>There's also some nuance to her tweet
what do you think you're talking about
>>
>>74526751
Im not alt-right you illiterate fuck
>>
>>74526683
This isn't james is it
>>
>>74526635
>freedom of speech should only apply to nice things I agree with, mean ideas i don't like should be censored
t. nazi
>>
>>74526760
Most alt right are """"neoliberal""" so again what the fuck is your point?
>>
Where was all this talk when the muslims ran over dozens upon dozens upon dozens of people several times over? Nobody said muslims had to do better.
>>
>>74526776
Most alt-right are populist pro-protectionism, that isn't neoliberal. I'm neoliberal in the way Macron or Clinton are.
>>
>>74526775
>I don't understand freedom of speech and I think criticism is censorship
>What I'm really advocating is free exchange of nazi ideas without criticism or counter protests
t. literal nazi
>>
>>74526733
>There's also some nuance to her tweet which the majority of this board (yourself included) can't seem to grasp.
No there isn't. Notice how you didn't bother extrapolating on that further.
>no one gives a solitary fuck about varg being a literal nazi?
A has been who makes youtube videos that no one watches vs. one of the biggest pop stars making a tweet that will go viral. Totally fair comparison.
>>
>>74526792
populism and neoliberalism aren't necessarily incompatible. plenty of alt right have a hardon for reagan so clearly they're not all protectionists, plus most alt right support deregulation.
also still not sure why you used neoliberalism there
>>
>>74526796
>I believe in freedom of speech, but...
t. literal commie
>>
>>74526844
>does not know what neoliberalism is

https://www.reddit.com/r/neoliberal/
>>
>>74526796
>What I'm really advocating is free exchange of nazi ideas without criticism or counter protests
can you point to someone who has advocated for that?
>>
>>74526858
>Neoliberalism was developed in 1938 as a response to rising totalitarianism in the forms of fascism and communism. The goal was to revive liberalism while addressing the failures of both laissez-faire capitalism and centrally planned economies. What was sketched out was a modernized liberalism with an active but limited state to maintain free enterprise and a basic welfare.
Neoliberals understand that free-market capitalism creates unparalleled growth, opportunity, and innovation, but may fail to allocate wealth efficiently or fairly. Therefore, the state serves vital roles in correcting market failure, ensuring a minimum standard of living, and conducting monetary policy. At the same time, the state should pursue these goals with minimal interference and under the check of inclusive institutions to free it from the influence of corporations, unions, and other special interests.
We believe public policies should be evaluated on how well they achieve their goals. We strive to avoid the failures of collectivists who employ means that are fundamentally inconsistent with the egalitarian ends they seek to attain. For this reason, we support empirical, pragmatic policy grounded in economics. Neoliberals also support classical liberal values such as freedom of speech, freedom of religion, and freedom of the press (to name a few)
Neoliberals are flexible in their policy prescriptions but are unified in their support for lowering barriers on trade and immigration while also supporting a tax on carbon emissions. We do not all subscribe to a single comprehensive ideology but instead find common ground in liberal priors. Differences within our views often come down to how much redistribution is appropriate and what empirical burden is needed to justify state action.
>>
>>74526829
Do I seriously need to explain systematic racism to you? Read a fucking book you god damn child. I'm not going to sit here and explain basic concepts to you.

>A has been who makes youtube videos that no one watches vs. one of the biggest pop stars making a tweet that will go viral. Totally fair comparison.
Right, because Lorde is a hell of a lot more relevant on this board than Burzum.
>>
Normally would cringe at this shit but there's literally Nazis (not the SJW version of Nazi where everyone who disagrees with them is a Nazi either, they were literally Nazis) rallying around the streets of a fucking American city.
And people still have the nerve to call this a political issue or a left vs right issue. It's too out of control for that now. Neo-Naziism is being normalised.
Blatant racism and Naziism has no place in American politics.
People are still calling it a "far right" or "alt right" rally. We should start calling it what it is, Nazis.
>>
File: 1501166580936.jpg (27KB, 1013x598px) Image search: [Google]
1501166580936.jpg
27KB, 1013x598px
>>74526887
burzum is funny. lorde isn't
>>
>>74525344
Speak for yourself Lorde you peasent
>>
>>74526891
Lol faggot
>>
>>74526844
this is why the alt-right will fail
way too many groups supporting contradictory ideas all lumped together with each other
>>
>>74526891
but dude, they were like ironic about it
>>
>>74526858
>Citing reddit to explain an ideology
wew

I know what neoliberalism is. I'm not sure you do because you think it's relevant in your comment about Lorde.
>>
>>74526915
>this is why the alt-right will fail
the alt-right doesn't even exist anymore.
richard is a joke
milo got btfo by cuckseratives

/pol/ doesn't even care for trump after he bombed syria.

if you think the alt-right still exists you're behind in times.
>>
>>74526733
>There's also some nuance to her tweet which the majority of this board (yourself included) can't seem to grasp
>all white people are responsible for this system's thrive and fall.
ahh yes, so much nuance in this statement. there's so many layers to absorb. i can tell lorde has given this some serious thought and that she definitely isn't a birdbrained 20 year old pop star parroting vague liberal platitudes.
>>
>>74526891
Yeah dude that makes no sense nazis are a social construct, there fore they don't exist
>>
>>74526901
She's cooler than you at least
>>
>>74526937
>if you think the alt-right still exists you're behind in times
http://www.cnn.com/2017/08/13/us/charlottesville-white-nationalist-rally-car-crash/index.html
>>
>>74526954
O I am laffin
>>
>>74526945
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Institutional_racism

No matter how many times this concept is brought up you retards still can't get over the idea that people are literally saying you're personally responsible for slavery.
>>
>>74526891
most of them were white nationalists but I don't think many were nazis lol
>>
File: 1501512438347.jpg (165KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1501512438347.jpg
165KB, 1024x768px
>>74526956
>cnn
the link even says white nationalists dumbass. pic related is actually what the alt-right was
bunch of autistic spics and blacks trolling the internet for (you)s
>>
>>74526986
Lol fag
>>
>>74526986
alt right and white nationalism are pretty much the same thing. the_donald was promoting this event hard.
also
>cnn
LE FAKE NEWS XD
>>
>>74526981
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Institutional_racism
the only racism practiced in US institutions today is against whites and asians in universities, against men in the judicial system (wildly different sentences for the same crimes), and against blacks in the judicial system (marginally different sentences for the same crimes)

black women are actually currently the most advantaged people in the US.
>>
>>74527005
>alt right and white nationalism are pretty much the same thing.
no it isn't. the alt-right was mostly fat white kids and loser minorities trolling.
none of them did shit in real life besides shitpost online.
white nationalism is a different story.

> the_donald was promoting this event hard.
lmao not even /pol/ likes them
>>
>>74527017
I don't really give a shit about your retarded backwards logic. We're talking about Lorde's twitter comment and your inability to understand that she's not literally saying you kept slaves.
>>
>>74527028
Yeah man I'm guilty of being white xD
>>
>>74527023
>no it isn't. the alt-right was mostly fat white kids and loser minorities trolling. none of them did shit in real life besides shitpost online.
alt-right was coined by Richard Spencer who was at the fucking rallies yesterday. so much for doing nothing but troll online.

>lmao not even /pol/ likes them
who gives a shit what /pol/ likes or doesn't like? /pol/ doesn't decide who qualifies at alt right or not.
>>
>>74526984
They were literally chanting "Blood and Soil", "Jews will not replace us" and "Heil Trump".
The shields they were holding had symbols like the black cross on Nazi planes, the fasces symbol, and a condor dropping bombs.

These guys were Nazis man.
>>
>>74525344
>musliim trucks through a crowd of people
>"HURR DURR RELIGION OF PEACE LMAO"
>white person does it
>...
>>
>>74527028
so your definition of a 'nuanced tweet' is when people such as yourself defend the tweet by claiming it doesn't say what it says?

btw I don't know why you even brought slaves into this, Lorde didn't mention slavery. is this due to average IQ? i'm so sorry
>>
>>74527035
XD I still can't understand a very basic concept but i'll keep feigning offense anyways
>>
File: 1451487612286s.jpg (2KB, 125x122px) Image search: [Google]
1451487612286s.jpg
2KB, 125x122px
>>74526891
Meanwhile BLM gets all supports from normies, kys faggot Id rather support nazism than muh dick anyday
>>
kill yourself /pol/ fags
>>
>>74527039
>alt-right was coined by Richard Spencer who was at the fucking rallies yesterday.
again richard is an idiot who had nothing to do with the alt-right but became the "leader" over night by being an idiot seig heil for attention. hes a loser who wasn't accepted by white nationalists. if the dumbass media never gave him attention. he would still be a nobody.
>>
>>74527055
Yeah dude like reverse racism isn't a thing amirite xD #yesallwhitey
>>
>>74527005
>sucking someone else's cum this much
Holy molly guacamole
>>74527055
>"whites iz evil wez gotta be nice"
If you're going to be smug don't be dumb as fucking shit no one takes you people seriously
>>
>>74527059
Yes
>>
>>74527053
>muslim kills 86 people
>white person doesn't
>>
>>74526906
Fuck off man.
Nothing wrong with being right wing or supporting Trump or whatever. Political beliefs are subjective and all that shit but these people have taken it too far. They're Nazis and they've managed to infiltrate their beliefs into the current political climate, which is fucking mental.
>>
>>74527059
Kek fag
>>
>>74527039
look if you wanna learn about the actual "alt-right"
read this book
https://www.amazon.com/Kill-All-Normies-Culture-Alt-Right/dp/1785355430
>>
File: kushner.jpg (68KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
kushner.jpg
68KB, 640x360px
>>74527052
>"Jews will not replace us"
>"Heil Trump"
oh wow
>>
>>74526128
I've seen this post before
>>
>>74527094
Yeah I agree they're like LITERALLY Hitler omg lol
>>
>>74527094
Why are you pretending to be a yankee redcoat?
>>
>>74527054
I'm defending her tweet because she's clearly talking about racism on an institutional level. You /pol/tards can never get that. Anytime a comment on institutional racism comes up, you miss the point and think that someone is literally blaming you personally for the actions of all white people. No one ever says that. If you would spend five minutes reading a god damn wikipedia article you might even begin to understand what people are trying to say but you'd rather just pretend that you're being personally attacked.

I brought slavery into this because it has a whole fucking lot to do with institutional racism.

>is this due to average IQ? i'm so sorry
Is this English?
>>
>>74527128
Yeah dude like every whitey is rayciss lol kek
>>
>>74527128
she said white people. why not call out the people's names instead?
>>
>>74527068
Well I can see how alt right doesn't exist for you. Anyone who is a self identifying alt righter is an "idiot" and therefore not a REAL alt righter.
>>
>>74527128
>she's clearly talking about racism on an institutional level. You /pol/tards can never get that
Obama was black LMAO
>>
>>74527055
Everyone understands the concept, we're just calling it what it is: Bullshit. Stupid, disingenuous liberal bullshit.
>>
>>74527139
You can't be this retarded, can you?
>>
>>74527056
Because BLM isn't an actual organisation. It's a hashtag and social movement that can be interpreted in several different ways.
The majority of sound minded people interpret it as "black lives are just as important as everyone else's and need to be treated as such". Then a bunch of racist anti-white extremists started doing stupid violent shit and tarnishing that because BLM as a whole is a movement that doesn't have any clear motives or objectives.
Naziism, on the other hand, is Naziism. Doesn't need to be explained. It's much more dangerous than people protesting against police brutality.
No proper American would support a Nazi.
>>
Lorde
>>
>black people
>encountering institutional racism in any way shape or form in current year
>my professor told me this
These people are this fucking dumb
>>
>>74527144
because the alt-right doesn't exist anymore. idk how you can't understand this.
its just white nationalists coming out of their closets for attention.
>>
>>74527116
They're not.
The point is that they're pushing the same agenda/believing the same shit that Nazi supporters believed.
That in itself is dangerous.
>>
>>74527161
>Everyone understands the concept
No. No one here understands the concept. That's why you have a bunch of people saying "Yeah dude like every whitey is rayciss lol kek","why not call out the people's names instead?" and "reverse racism isn't a thing!"

None of you /pol/tards bother to read or try to understand what it is and instead keep getting offended by the things you think it stands for, which is apparently a "liberal" ideal.
>>
>>74527166
why do you hate white people anon?
>>
>>74527189
Yep totally it is just like Hitler I agree
>>
>>74527128
are you illiterate?
>all white people are responsible for this system's thrive and fall
that's what it says in the tweet, you realize that? I need to check with you to make sure you actually know what we're discussing you seem really foggy headed

btw even in your tiny mind where you think that tweet doesn't blame all whites I'm not sure where you're getting this "institutional racism" thing. please show me an example of racism whites practice against other races in a US institution
>>
>>74527170
>everything I long-windingly dislike isa nahzi
>yes i sniff glue THEYRE EVERYWHERE
Would recommend visiting a doctor
>>
>>74526011
>in your own country

i fuckin kek'd so much
>>
>>74527201
alright sorry for being white. wish this privilege of mine would work on my landlord and college fees. i still have to work a job to pay for them
>>
>>74527201
Believing that black people are held back by systematic racism is definitely a liberal, fictional idea.
>>
>>74527201
Why do you hate whites?
>>
>>74527053
>>74525666
>implying no one condemns muslim terrorist attacks
>implying the existence of muslim terrorist attacks excuses any right wing terrorism
>>
>>74527005
If you think rtd is WN you're as insane as they are, they're the ones spamming BASED GAY BLACK TRANNY MUSLIM, WHO'S RACIST NOW? shit
>>74527028
>Spend thread arguing some stupid shit
>Get proven wrong
>I DON'T CARE
>>
>>74527212
I'm not an SJW who calls everyone I disagree with a Nazi.
These people were chanting Nazi slogans and carried Nazi symbolism.
>>
>>74527259
Yeah I mean like they are like Hitler reborn amirite lol
>>
>>74527250
>implying no one condemns right wing terrorism
>implying the existence of right wing terrorism excuses any muslim terrorist attacks
>>
>>74527259
A few fatfucks did solutes in jest are you this unhinged
>>
im not black im oj
>>
>>74527210
Are you illiterate? Systematic racism refers to racism as an institution i.e. encompassing white people as a whole.Nothing she said was inconsistent with this. It's not very well worded, but it's a fucking tweet from a popstar.

>please show me an example of racism whites practice against other races in a US institution
What point is there, really? If I point to the most obvious example (prison) you'll explain it away or miss the point entirely.
>>
>>74527274
>things that I did ITT
>>
>>74527298
look m8 sorry for being white. how can i donate to your cause?
>>
>>74527280
There were people in klan robes and people shouting soil and blood with nazi flags.
>>
>>74527298
>Only whites can run prisons
There isn't a point because you're fucking retarded and forever stuck in debt
>>
>>74527170
Your entire argument is "LITERALLY HITLER" shit that has no logic behind it. Nazis and "alt-right" are the boogeyman du jour for the left; probably less than 5% of people there were actually waving Nazi flags, all you see is one picture of one group of guys being spammed as "proof"
>>
>>74527201
It's a willful misunderstanding. If institutional racism were done away with the accumulated exploitation and indulgence of centuries would leave the white race too feeble to survive a truly competitive society - that is, if the other races do not inflict retribution more directly. To these people, the eradication of racism is nothing less than an existential threat.
>>
>>74527324
>less than 10 ppl did a bunch of edgy shit for attention
wow le nazi's are back
>>
>>74527298
>black people get incarcerated at a higher rate than other races for drug offenses and violent crime
>this is the fault of institutional racism and not black people themselves
>>
She will save us, i believe
>>
>>74527325
As I expected, you still haven't bothered to read up on institutional racism so you still have no idea what the fuck it means. You're not even wrong here, you're just making an argument that misses the point entirely.
>>
>>74527298
>Systematic racism refers to racism as an institution i.e. encompassing white people as a whole.
rofl.
please break this meaningless sentence down and define it for us. i would love to see you try. you don't even care if what you say means anything.
>Nothing she said was inconsistent with this
as bad as the tweet is, each sentence in it actually means something, unlike that shit you just posted, which is unrelated to the tweet completely.
>It's not very well worded, but it's a fucking tweet from a popstar.
it's like 10x more well worded than "Systematic racism refers to racism as an institution i.e. encompassing white people as a whole."
>What point is there, really? If I point to the most obvious example (prison) you'll explain it away or miss the point entirely.
Of course I'm familiar with the incarceration rates. not really an example of racism, because they line up perfectly with the crime rates. demographic that commits more crime gets incarcerated more.
>>
>>74527339
>less than 10 ppl
[citation needed]
>>
>>74527259
>handful of larpers and false flaggers seig heiled
>therefor the entire new wave of right-wing reactionaries are Nazis
Until people start demanding all Muslims apologize for terrorism, why should right-wingers apologize for a nebulous extremist faction that they were lumped in with?
>>74527298
>commit more crime
>get in trouble more
>a bloo bloo bloo
>>
>>74527356
>"I'm just gonna say institutional racism, even though my definition has been BTFO to pluto and back"
I
I
I
I
I
I need to donate HAVE ALL OF EM
>>
>>74527377
>more than 10 ppl
[citation needed]
>>
America is riddled with white guilt, if media wasn't pushing white male is the devil, promoting race mixing, destroying the family unit, there would not be any "nazi" parades,

At some point people will snap, and it seems this is just the beginning
>>
>>74527380
Seriously, just read a wikipedia article. You don't have to agree with it. Why are /pol/tards so allergic to educating themselves?
>>
>buttblasted alt-right kiddies: the thread
>>
Every time I watch basketball I remember the nebulous powers that be that are keeping those young african americans down and I shed a single tear. I'm sorry white people unchained you just for this. I'm so so sorry
>>
Yes
But at the same time she is correct so yanno
>>
>>74527346
>these things happen in a vacuum and there is literally no history to racial relations in America
>poverty has no causal link to crime
>>
>>74527298
How can I make up for my whiteness lol
>>
white people genocide fucking when?
Can't wait to see all of you cumskins walking straight to the ovens
>>
>>74527399
>"I'm this stuck in the cult"
Holy mother of wowzers
>>
>>74527369
I haven't really defined it though. I've described institutions as being all encompassing.... because they are? Clearly you're going to disagree with everything I say and since I'm such a colossal moron, please google "institutional racism" and learn something new today so you can stop shouting shit like "hurr durr, this black person is rich, checkmate liberals!"
>>
>>74527436
and then you will swim in your own shit, you monkey
>>
File: bad.jpg (26KB, 600x623px) Image search: [Google]
bad.jpg
26KB, 600x623px
>one person killed in this isolated incident despite their being multiple events like this where the white nationalists are the ones getting harmed.
>it's ok to demonize white people like people have been doing since forever now
>it's ok to demonize people that don't have anything to do with it
>muslims in europe kill and rape people everyday
>but not all muslims
>>
>>74527333
>Nazis and "alt-right" are the boogeyman du jour for the left
for every vaguely "normal" person.
1945 represents a political event horizon, there is no going back.
>>
>>74527440
>he still refuses to look up the meaning of something he argues against
>he takes pride in refusing to learn things
Sure friendo, I'm the one stuck in a cult.
>>
>>74527450
If whitey cuck for you it make you feel better BOO boo lol
>>
>>74527028
>she's not literally saying you kept slaves
No one's claiming she did you retard. Try not being completely hyperbolic for one post
>>
>>74527424
white people in poverty are actually less prone to crime than black people in poverty
>>
>>74527466
I'm a minority you fucking idiot please point to it with a laser gun because I'd really like to see it
>>
>>74527298
>all white people are responsible for institutional racism
Are you really this retarded?
>>
>>74527399
How are you this fucking dense? No one is failing to grasp the concept of institutionalized racism, just skeptical of its validity. You can stop telling people to read the fucking wikipedia page.
>>
Boy howdy how I sure do wish I wasn't so white and oppressive lmao who with me xD
>>
>Progressives are literally this fucking retarded no exaggeration
W E W
>>
>>74527458
>isolated incident
>implying the stabbing in portland or the mosque shooting in quebec didn't happen

>multiple events like this where the white nationalists are the ones getting harmed.
>[citation needed]

>muslims in europe kill and rape people everyday
>implying white people in europe kill and rape people everyday
>implying this excuses nazis murdering "SJWs"
>>
>>74527450
not even 1 example? pathetic... a literal klansman could play doubles advocate and do a better job than you
>>
>>74527411
>salty nu-male SJW: the post
>>
>>74527450
What institution are you referring to, exactly?
>>
>>74527233
>systematic
systemic, that's different

>fictional
surely you can back that claim.
>>
>>74525446
>the insecurity of those who are boring enough to define themselves by their race.

"Persons of color" do that too as do gays and most SJWs desu
>>
The existence of rich rappers prove there is no oppression of blacks in America
>>
>>74527515
>doubles advocate
check em
>>
>>74527500
Are you this fucking dense? This thread is full of people "refuting" the idea with arguments that show a complete lack of understanding as to what institutional racism actually fucking means. It doesn't mean you're personally responsible for any individual injustices. It doesn't mean black people can never be in power or that white people can't be disadvantaged. Absolutely none of those things have anything to do with INSTITUTIONS. I'm telling you retards to read the definition because none of you can grasp this simple concept.
>>
>>74527550
So explain what it means
>>
>>74527539
surely the burden of proof is on those who claim it exists? jeez i figured this out 10 years ago during my euphoria phase
>>
>>74527550
Apologies for my whiteness m8
>>
>>74527550
Ahem
>>74527337
>>
>>74527550
And simply being white makes a person partly responsible for this phenomenon?
>>
>>74527550
so we're arguing about completely different things?
why do you keep repeating your explanation like an idiot, then?
>>
>>74527525
government institutions, societal institutions

please READ up about it.
>>
>>74525499
What exactly is he the expert at?
>>
>>74527525
"THE" Institution, bro. Whitey INC.
>>
>>74527461
>every vaguely "normal" person
Not an argument
You're wallowing in a romantic fear of a cartoonish evil where literal brownshirts are patrolling the streets and death-squadding everyone, so that you can feed a "resistance" "good guy" fantasy
ncreased interest in right-wing ideals (especially in the face of the radical left growing faster than in recent memory) =/= Nazi menace
>>
>>74527593
How is a government institution all-encompassing?
>>
>>74527593
I would but please coach me in how to do so without offending or microaggressing my whiteness while doing so lol
>>
>>74527563
You will reject anything I say.
Here is a helpful website for you:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Institutional_racism

>>74527580
Yeah I saw that and I mostly agree m8.
>>
>>74527593
Which ones specifically?
>>
>>74527593
DID YOU IGNORE ME BECAUSE IM A MINORITY YOU RACIST SACK OF SHIT?
>>
>>74527525
Dude asking him to explain himself is racist, lay off
>>
>>74527337
>It's a willful misunderstanding. If institutional racism were done away with the accumulated exploitation and indulgence of centuries would leave the white race too feeble to survive a truly competitive society
This is what you're capable of believing when you don't acknowledge rock solid IQ statistics.

Btw you STILL haven't given a single fucking example of systemic racism in favor of whites
>>
>>74527628
>wikipedia is the most credible source you can pull out of your ass
Howbou dah
>>
>>74527628
do you like being a coward?
>>
>>74527611
>Not an argument
Not meant to be one.
It's conveying public opinion to someone unaware of it.

>You're wallowing in a romantic fear of a cartoonish evil where literal brownshirts are patrolling the streets and death-squadding everyone, so that you can feed a "resistance" "good guy" fantasy
"I" am not doing anything.

>increased interest in right-wing ideals [...] =/= Nazi menace
Weren't we talking about the people who appeared to be literal nazis?
>>
>literal tumblr-style rhetoricist getting this mad that people are calling out his circular "logic"
Explain and defend your points if it's that simple, spamming links to fucking wikipedia makes you look like a dum dum
>>
>>74527664
It makes me sad to think how many ppl I offend with my white skin
>>
>>74527677
what does that have to do with the people out on the street doing the roman salute, shouting nazi paroles and carrying nazi insignia?
Stop deflecting.
>>
/mupol/ threads are the best because of how overemotional everyone is
>>
File: Instituional bullshit.png (69KB, 1636x419px) Image search: [Google]
Instituional bullshit.png
69KB, 1636x419px
>>74527628
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Institutional_racism

Oh boy, I can't wait to read this.
>>
>>74527621
How is a government institution not all-encompassing? Is this seriously a question?

>>74527634
All of them, literally. Do you want me to start naming them off?

>>74527657
Do you think there's not a wealth of academic literature on the subject? It doesn't matter what I link you because you won't read it.
>>
>>74527645
*yawn* The bleating of a frightened aristo who hears the sound of guillotines being sharpened. You should really spend the short time you have left frollicking with your pigskin brood instead of shitting out useless retorts to your betters.
>>
>>74527708
Explain how any of this works without meaningless THE SYSTEM'S KEEPIN US DOWN MAAAAN shit
Hard mode: No links allowed
>>
>>74527508
>mosque shooting
>stabbing in portland
that's 2, let me know when it reaches the same number of incidents by muslims

>citation needed
for what?
are you blind? alt-righters are always the ones getting memed on, did you forget when richard spencer got knocked out by that that antifaggot? or literally every time there's a rally of any kind.

and i don't even fucking understand that last part of your post. and no, it's getting to the point where despite not being a large percentage, muslims in europe, rape, assault, and kill others at a far worse rate for their population, than whites.
and whites do that to, but you don't bring in more people that add to that problem, retard.
>>
>>74527717
>out of power in all branches
What was meant by this?
>>
>>74527708
>How is a government institution not all-encompassing?
Because it's representative of the government, not white all white people, you fucking retard.
>All of them, literally
All government institutions are inherently racist? Can you prove this?
>>
>>74527704
http://academic.udayton.edu/race/2008electionandracism/raceandracism/racism02.htm

Here's another link you won't read.
>>
>>74527752
>"Sources: Black Power"
HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA
>>
>>74527752
>Institutions can be racist
Institutions are just made up of individual people though. What's there to be gained in making sweeping statements like that?
>>
>>74525446
There's absolutely nothing wrong with having pride from where you came from and wanting to see your people do better, that was one of Malcolm Xs and Muhammad Ali's philosophy
>>
>>74527745
>that's 2
There's more than two. Those are the first two that came to mind. You called it an "isolated incident" which is false.

>let me know when it reaches the same number of incidents by muslims
So, in your eyes any violent crime is insignificant as long as it doesn't compare to crime that Muslims commit? Are we not allowed to condemn rape or murder as long as Muslims exist?

>are you blind? alt-righters are always the ones getting memed on
"Memeing" != murder, what the fuck is shit shit?
>>
>>74527717
you only run away from debate because you know you're wrong :^)
>>
white person here! didn't know i was the bad guy. what can i do to make ppl like us again?
>>
>>74527700
Sorry my skin is white man lol real sorry
>>
>>74527750
No, governments are meant to represent the people. Policy makers are almost exclusively straight white men.

>All government institutions are inherently racist? Can you prove this?
There's a lot of literature on the subject. You're asking a whole lot from me here.
>>
>>74527337
Ahh, of course. Because white people just lucked into their role at the top of the totem pole, it wasn't from centuries of zealous motivation, competitive nature, a fierce desire to succeed, unparalleled ingenuity, a hunger for knowledge, wealth, and power above all else. White people merely slipped on a banana peel and "whoops, we accidentally everything". How could we ever hope to compete with Africans without our undeserved white privilege? We're so meek and feeble.
>>
>>74527717
The proleteriat won't be free until we impliment hoxaposadism over the world. Onwards to bunker glory
>>
>>74527838
rate tpab 5 stars on rym
>>
>>74527843
>Policy makers are almost exclusively straight white men.
then how come african based policy makers in africa. still have shit countries?
are white ppl messing them over also?
>>
>>74527843
>Policy makers are almost exclusively straight white men?
Why does it matter? Shouldn't you be more concerned with their policies rather than their sexual orientation or skin colour?
>>
>>74527864
Yes actually. Colonialism has fucked over the continent for centuries and neocolonialism promises to keep things that way for the foreseeable future.
>>
>>74526891
It can only be American politics only when Jews, Blacks, Muslims, and anyone else but Whites are allowed to advocate for themselves, seemingly
I wouldn't want a Nazi state either (I'm in Europe), but do you think I'd actually want millions of shitskins replacing my ilk? Are you stupid?
>>
>>74527843
>No, governments are meant to represent the people. Policy makers are almost exclusively straight white men.
So you think our government representatives should be racially based rather than democratically elected? You realize you call yourself not racist and your opponents racist, right?
>There's a lot of literature on the subject. You're asking a whole lot from me here.
PATHETIC
>>
>>74527801
look at the gaps in time in which those things happen, compared to muslim incidents.
so yes, in that sense they are isolated incidents.

>so, in your eyes any violent crime is insignificant as long as it doesn't compare to the crime that Muslims commit? Are we not allowed to condemn rape or murder as long as Muslims exist

not what i said at all.
i was just pointing out the utter hypocrisy, because everything white people do is viewed under a microscope when things like this happen. while whenever a muslim does any of these things, it's never condemned, and it's actually illegal to do it too in some places.

alt-right people have gotten assaulted too, is what i meant if you could actually read.
>>
>>74527897
colonialism was a net benefit for sub-saharan africans, and when europeans left it only got worse.
>>
>>74527864
Western Interventionism, Right wing authoritarianism, Colonialism (both oldschool and neo), Capitalism, neo-liberal attempts at foreign policy
Literally all of the above, take your pick
>>
>>74527886
People do care about the policies. That's exactly what we've been talking about this entire time you fucking div. Then a statistical minority takes up a vast majority of the political world and those people tend to enact policies that adversely effect minority groups, then we start to examine how those institutions are represented... and of course the fact that women, POC and the LGBT community is so underrepresented in government is a product of that same system.
>>
Has anyone seen Kyle?
He's about this tall ('-')/
>>
>>74527273
Why do you keep bringing up Hitler? Nazism is an ideology, not the personification of Hitler or some shit. You don't need to have anything to do with Adolf Hitler to be a nazi. The people in this demonstrations "were supposed to be Nazis".

I don't know how it can be so difficult to understand.
>>
>>74527897
>>74527940
damn. i guess all white ppl should just end themselves already
>>
>>74527959
I'm sorry I'll try not to trigger you by being white bro real real sorry
>>
>>74527897
Too bad Africans were incapable of embracing white culture and technology, they might have had decent countries like the Asians.
>>
>>74527902
>So you think our government representatives should be racially based rather than democratically elected?
No

>PATHETIC
It's literal gish gallop
>>
>>74527948
>and of course the fact that women, POC and the LGBT community is so underrepresented in government is a product of that same system.
so what happens when all those you just listed. make terrible policies just like the white people????
>>
>>74527948
Remind me, how are all white people responsible for this?
>>
>>74527856
No, you didn't 'luck' into your position of supremacy, nor did you achieve it through any inborn superiority. You usurped it from others far more deserving through what amounts to a four-hundred year global holocaust. Did you really think there wouldn't be consequences?
>>
>>74527948
>government is a product of that same system
Which doesn't exist. Was it your intention to void all that other dumb shit you typed?
>>
>>74527940
Gee I wonder why Hong Kong managed to become one of the best cities in the world under western colonialism. I wonder how South Korea and Japan managed to be so successful under US occupation compared to African countries. And isn't it strange that formerly colonized middle eastern and south asian countries are also doing way better than Africa but are still worse than those in Asia?

Weird how western colonialism oppresses different places so unequally. Also a funny coincidence how average IQ in ascending order goes africans -> middle easterners -> asians haha
>>
>>74527986
>You usurped it from others far more deserving through what amounts to a four-hundred year global holocaust. Did you really think there wouldn't be consequences?
then how come asians are doing fine?
>>
>>74527926
>while whenever a muslim does any of these things, it's never condemned
Are you fucking kidding me? Everyone condemns terrorist attacks.

>and it's actually illegal to do it too in some places
Name one place where condemning a terrorist attack is illegal.
>>
>>74527986
>You usurped it from others far more deserving
Literally gave away that your whole thing is about getting power GG FUCKING RETARD
>>
>>74527964
Nah just the political class, the middle class liberal elite, royals, conservatives, policy makers, general lanyards, the bourgeois and the capitalists
But apart from that...
>>
>>74527986
>You usurped it from others far more deserving
The guy you're talking to probably didn't do anything, actually.
>>
File: dummy.png (73KB, 571x313px) Image search: [Google]
dummy.png
73KB, 571x313px
>>74527948
lol
>>
File: IMG_2214.jpg (133KB, 392x500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2214.jpg
133KB, 392x500px
>>74525678
>>
>>74528018
>But apart from that...
nah gotta get rid of all them just to be safe.
>>
>>74527986
The only consequences of European colonialism are self-imposed from white guilt.
>>
>>74527970
I see African people wearing Coca Cola shirts all the time. If that's not embracing the consumerist desire to become a walking billboard which is so prevelvant in white countries then I dunno what is
>>
>>74527970
You're right I completely forgot that south east asia did absolutely nothing for itself and was just the benefactor of Europeans.

>>74527976
Then they are still representing the interests of a specific group...?

>>74527985
Because white people control those institutions.
>>
File: 22.png (45KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
22.png
45KB, 200x200px
>>74528029
It isn't even that much to read, given the paragraph employed to break up the text its actually quite small.
>>
>>74527994
People who take the ideas presented in The Bell Curve seriously should have been strangled at birth
>>
>>74528027
correlation != causation
>>
>>74527986
>We wuz kings we built civilization
>But we weren't strong enough to protect it from the savage and uneducated whites
>>
>>74528062
>Because white people control those institutions
So if I said all Muslims are responsible for the actions of ISIS, because ISIS is controlled by Muslims, you'd agree?
>>
>>74528072
nice argument my dude
btw did you know that SAT scores and IQ scores are strongly correlated? and that SATs have nothing to do with the Bell Curve? haha >>74528027
>>
>>74528062
>Then they are still representing the interests of a specific group...?
then we can admit all humans beings are shit. doesn't matter with diversity.
>>
>>74528072
>No argument against it other than screaming that it's racist
>>
>>74528112
You're missing the main thrust of my argumnt, which is that I wish you were dead
>>
>>74527986
last I checked turks were fucking over my country for over 500 years straight (eastern european here), not the other way around
>>
File: watchout.png (80KB, 768x247px) Image search: [Google]
watchout.png
80KB, 768x247px
>>74528133
LOL. you've actually given up. pathetic...how can antifa even compete with chad individualist liberals?
>>
>>74528130
I didn't say it was racist, just that people who take it seriously are generally not that clever
>>
>>74528099
No because you're speaking on an international scale. When people refer to institutional racism in the states they are talking about white Americans. It's also misleading to use the term "all Muslims" because I know you don't understand the difference between an institutional injustice and an injustice committed by literally "everyone."

If you'd like to rephrase that and ask if Muslim institutions are responsible for the discrimination of LGBT people in Islamic majority countries, the answer is an obvious yes, but that doesn't also mean we can't explore the ways in which global super powers have changed the shape of the world.
>>
>>74528170
PROGRESSIVES CAN'T COMPETE
>>
>>74528133
This: >>74528171. The Bell Curve has been largely discredited. People aren't going to bother arguing against it because it's been refuted a thousand times before and the only people who buy into it are too far off the deep end to even matter.
>>
>>74528170
All I'm saying is that anyone who takes all that sats and iq shit seriously is one step away from an 1860s phrenologists with his callipers out, ready to measure the headsize of a quadroon child
>>
>>74528204
Ok, I'll stop talking on an international scale. All Syrian Muslims are responsible for the actions of ISIS in Syria.
>>
>>74528228
Yeah both those posts are me, but cheers anyway
>>
>>74528204
>all white Americans are responsible for "institutional injustice"
>not all Muslims are responsible for "institutional justice"
>>
>>74528007
uhh, no they don't. not nearly to the same level as condemning these things.
>name one place where condemning a terrorist attack is illegal
http://www.businessinsider.com/in-britain-police-arrest-twitter-and-facebook-users-if-they-make-anti-muslim-statements-2013-5
not just in Britain either.
cops aren't even allowed to do their jobs properly because of retarded laws like this.
>>
>>74528001
Because the white devil was too busy preaching the lie of his own superiority in Africa to truly corrupt Asia.

>>74528011
It's only natural to want the good and righteous to have power over the vile and perverted.

>>74528020
Meh, still a member of the same murderer race as far as I'm concerned.

>>74528152
'Fucking over my country' is a strange way to phrase 'introducing vastly superior culture, religion and phenotypes into my country', Ivan.

>>74528087
Destroying rich and beautiful cultures and societies through duplicity and genocide is nothing to be proud of, filth.
>>
Music and movie culture is probably the one thing keeping the West from moving on from the stale type of liberalism and deranged societal dogmas slowly established in the last decades, and I don't know for how long it will continue as in the last couple of years I've smelled much more decay than I did creativity

Thinking too much about stuff has probably worsened my relation with the music world, as on one hand I mostly like music made by what are 85% of the times openly liberals (if you exclude the whole Scandinavian metal scene) on the other hand most of the things they stand for and support give me the worst kind of existential nausea

Provided that I do think it's getting better for the right, what's needed is an actual paradigm shift, it's not like retarded shit like "Fashwave", Varg's little youtube channel, or images of Celtic/Slavic "traditional lifestyles" are really the kind of expressions able to erase the nihilistic, narcissistic, disgusting creature we have created
>>
>>74528231
yeah but that's literally not a fucking argument. if the IQ stats are legit, then they're legit. do you know any currently active phrenologists?
>>
>>74528235
This is such a dumb analogy because ISIS was a foreign invader and there was a god damn civil war so cleary not everyone was happy about the state of the country (in itself much more complex than simply the presence of ISIS). We're now also talking about ideologies rather than race or gender.

But yes, in a hypothetical world where ISIS took full control of Syria and created some stable, democratically elected institution and that institution greatly represented one class while giving disadvantage to others, a negative institutional divide would exist.
>>
>>74528304
They weren't arrested for condemning Muslim terrorist attacks, they were arrested for inciting hatred against Muslims. There's a very big difference between the two believe it or not.
>>
>>74527088
Damn how do white boi's even compete?
>>
>>74528311
>Because the white devil was too busy preaching the lie of his own superiority in Africa to truly corrupt Asia.
that's a joke right? east asia westernized harder than anyone. japan did it before they even got btfo in ww2. and though they've westernized they've maintained their unique culture, and they're one of the most successful.

korea didn't westernize till america got there and the benefits they gained from it were huge unlike what happened to them when they were conquered by the japanese. btw north korea is the natural consequence of your ideology
>>
all you niggas need to go watch Adam Curtis
this shit isn't just a blame white ppl thang.
>>
>>74528283
>still hung up on the idea that literally every white person is at a personal fault
>can't recognize a difference between a local institution and literally everyone on the planet
>ignores the fact that I just said harmful islamic institutions do exist
>>
>>74528427
>>still hung up on the idea that literally every white person is at a personal fault
so whos fault is it?
>>
>>74528331
What I'm saying is that IQ is a bogus test for intelligence in the first place because it's concerned with theory based intelligence over global or practical intelligence
>>
>>74528435
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Institution
>>
>>74528458
so what individuals run the institution?
>>
>>74528424
Despite his poor grammer and grasp on the English language, this dude is right.
His documentaries help to demonstrate the sort of Marxism Max Weber writes about where things aren't simply down to overly simplified understandings of the economy but are more complex than all that
>>
>>74528427
>still won't concede that not literally all white people are responsible for institutional racism and that Lordes tweet is retarded
>>
>>74527969
You're a fucking retard. Every argument that someone shows you, you answer with "WOW DOES MY WHITENESS TRIGGER YOU HEHEH?"

Get the fuck out of this board you fucking troll.
>>
>>74528458
sorry for being white. do you need a donation?
>>
>>74528441
no it's not...
IQ strongly predicts future financial status (i.e. if you take a rich guy with an average guy and an average wealth guy with high IQ in their 20s, the high IQ guy is usually richer than the other in his 40s), it predicts lifelong health, it predicts ability to read fast, ability to solve math problems, creativity, it predicts ability to play games like chess and tetris. there's even a strong correlation between IQ and simple reaction time. you can actually get decent ranking of intelligence of people in a room by having them play a simple reaction time game like pong. it's powerful stuff. the most scientific thing the social sciences have ever discovered

if IQ is bogus why is national average IQ such a strong predictor?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqO7zlGHEJ4

/debate
>>
>>74528478
Why do you read some of the links I've sent you so you can understand what I actually mean when I describe an institution.

The closest you'll get to an individual running an institution is a political leader, but even then it's more complex than that because elected governments tend to serve the people.

Societal institutions of course don't have leaders which is the whole fucking point. No one is blaming individuals for institutional racism but individuals are part of a collective and can enact change.
>>
All of you who are posting shit like "wow sorry for being white" or "wow does my whiteness trigger you?" please admit asap that you don't even want to engage in a conversation and have no arguments at all.

Then leave this fucking board please.
>>
>>74528607
those guys aren't contributing anything but they're nothing compared to the guys saying "um instutional systemic google it educate yourself sweetie *sips tea* "
>>
>>74528584
>Why do you read some of the links I've sent you so you can understand what I actually mean when I describe an institution.
look man i got a job and shit to do. why don't you just spell out whos the bad guys already. instead of being vague
it isn't white people
its just a select 100 world leaders fucking us over.
>>74528607
>Then leave this fucking board please
fuck off to /pol/
this is a music board idiot.
>>
Jesus Christ what are you all even arguing about anymore

Killing people is bad, surely we can all just agree on that ok
>>
>>74528653
killing whites is good tho. we are the evil nazis bro!!!
>>
>>74528641
If you have a "job and shit to do," perhaps you ought not to speak authoritatively on a subject you literally can't spare five minutes to research. Just a thought.

Mind you, this job somehow let's you spend hours arguing with people on /mu/. Strange how it works?

I'm not going to write you an essay that you won't read when you can't even grasp the idea that an institution and an individual are two different things. I've explained this to you repeatedly, I've even named some common examples of institutions effected by racism. I've provided multiple links that take less than five minutes to read. If you can't be bothered then fuck off already.
>>
>>74528701
>Mind you, this job somehow let's you spend hours arguing with people on /mu/.
i just joined this thread 20 minutes ago. chill out bro its fun

can you just spill out whos the bad guys or what?
>>
>>74528714
I've already told you what an institution is. I've given you an example of an institution (prison industrial complex). You keep waiting for me to name individual people because you don't understand what an institution is.

Spend some of those "20" minutes you've spared from your job to learn what the fuck it is you're arguing against or fuck off.
>>
>>74528701
you haven't made a single argument
not only have you not proven how white people are responsible for 'white institutions' you haven't even demonstrated that any US institutions are racist in favor of whites, which is kind of a necessary premise for your entire bullshit position
>>
>>74526011
>blacks earn less than injuns
Im fucking dying lmao
>>
>>74528770
>Spend some of those "20" minutes you've spared from your job to learn what the fuck it is you're arguing against or fuck off.
alright so you basically have no idea whos the evil behind these attacks.
>>
>>74528804
white jews
>>
>>74528820
hmm now you making sense.
>>
>>74528562
The wealthy man has a higher IQ because he was almost definitely raised within a wealthy family. He's probably not wealthy because he has a high IQ.
>>
>>74528779
I haven't attempted to prove any of those things because it would be a fools errand. None of you people have gotten past the concept that individuals and institutions are different things. The only reason I entered this thread in the first place was to point out how retarded you /pol/tards were for assuming she meant you were personally responsible for Charolettesville or whatever the fuck she's talking about because you literally are unable to comprehend what she's saying. Why the fuck would I bother explaining examples of institutional racism when you can't even grasp what the fuck that means in the first place?
>>
>>74528884
>The only reason I entered this thread in the first place was to point out how retarded you /pol/tards
im black and still have no clue what you are talking about bruh. why dont you spill the beans on whos running thangs ight?
>>
>>74528940
You're a white dude pretending to be black and if you've read that article and you still can't understand what institutional racism means then I can't help you. You're too retarded to exist.
>>
>>74528666
There are evil people within all races and all positions of the political spectrum, this is the problem people don't seem to be able to grasp. Either way, hatred or killing is not the answer.
>>
>>74528862
reread my post. person A has higher IQ and less money than person B in their 20s. in their 40s guy with higher IQ most likely has more money.
to be fair I made a typo "you take a rich guy with an average guy" should be "with an average IQ"
in a modern western country the IQ gap caused by nutrition is nearly flattened (not completely, cause some of the food "poor" westerners eat is pretty bad)

although being from a wealthy family does make it somewhat more likely that you'll have a high IQ due to the heritability of intelligence, it doesn't guarantee anything.

that's why SATs were invented, so that poorer people can have a chance to get into university if they have the intelligence. in the 60s the average IQ of harvard students was like 105 because the only thing that mattered for getting into top level universities was how much money you had. it's shot way up since then, because now universities select based on SAT scores, and SAT scores correlate strongly with IQ.

having money doesn't make you smart. being smart makes you more likely to have more money in the future
>>
>>74525678
Sure is shitty you are getting no intelligent responses on your post. Your response easily could've started an intelligent conversation, I'm not sure why people are so quick to denounce an opinion rather than consider and talk about it.

Could you explain what you mean by bottle scenario?
>>
>>74528701
>I've provided multiple links that take less than five minutes to read. If you can't be bothered then fuck off already.
How do you expect anyone to take you seriously when you've totally failed to defend your arguments and are only capable of telling people to "google it, bro"? Also, your sources are dogshit - A wiki blatantly stating at the top of the page the dubious nature of the article and barely a thousand words written by a nobody with a link to a dead site named "DyingWhileBlack" and sourcing books with "Black Power" in the title. You must be fucking joking.
>>
>>74529025
What people can't grasp is that black people do not institutionally oppress white people.
>>
>>74528884
read it and admit you are wrong you sniveling coward.
>all white people are responsible
that's what the fucking tweet says. if you had any self-respect you'd be begging for forgiveness at this point. the fact that you're not only too afraid to admit you were wrong but you're also using it as an excuse to not defend your position on institutional racism is so fucking pathetic it's mindblowing.
>>
>>74529046
The second link is from an academic.
Is it news to you that the social sciences look at institutions? Are we seriously talking about the credibility of something that god damn prevalent in academia? Holy shit. This is about as retarded as expecting someone to "prove" the theory of relativity is a thing and complaining when a wikipedia article is shared.
>>
>>74529075
'Cause she's right. If you're not fighting institutional racism or defending racist (90% of this thread), you're part of the problem.
>>
>>74529125
ok. so you're changing your position from "she didn't blame all white people" to "she blamed all white people and was right to do so"
finally, a hint of intellectual honesty. can you clarify that you're admitting you were wrong and kept making excuses for like 10 posts?
>>
>>74529169
Not what I said at all but clearly reading comprehensions isn't your strong suit so if you'd like to believe that, sure.
>>
>>74529059
i don't think it's solely a white vs black issue.

if we're talking in terms of institutional oppression i believe this would be more to do with mental manipulation from those with wealth & those with power as cliché as that is. because it suits their own self-centered interests.

of course i'm not saying that applies to all with wealth and power - perhaps there are some with good virtues and interests at heart. but that idea makes more sense to me than simply taking it into a strictly race related issue

we are all human inside, the more we focus on the "differences" between us all the more it tears us all apart.

i don't expect this to ever change, once people are set in their ways - whether it be ultra left or extreme right - they will always believe they are right and fight their opposition.

i'm probably not making complete sense and there is most likely a hole in my opinions - but i feel like people are so quick to jump to simple conclusions and reasons when it comes to complex situations on earth

in regards to lorde, she's a young teenager - she's bound to have fairly stereotypical 'white guilt' liberal opinions.
>>
File: Photo on 12-13-17 at 12.49 PM.jpg (83KB, 1080x720px) Image search: [Google]
Photo on 12-13-17 at 12.49 PM.jpg
83KB, 1080x720px
>>74529019
>You're a white dude pretending to be black
ugh do i really need to prove im black. jfc
pic related.
now apologize
>>
>>74529220
post dick
>>
>>74529111
>an academic
could be anything from an established physicist to a gender studies professor
>Are we seriously talking about the credibility of something that god damn prevalent in academia? Holy shit. This is about as retarded as expecting someone to "prove" the theory of relativity is a thing and complaining when a wikipedia article is shared.
so you don't actually think about any of your opinions and just accept whatever academia tells you? academics are responsible for both "institutional racism" and "the bell curve"
obviously you don't accept both of those, so you have to use your critical thinking to discriminate between what's legit and what's bs. that's why we're trying to have this debate you're too afraid to participate in
>>
>>74529198
coward
>>
404 posts lol
>>
>>74529038
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bottle_episode Usually used in the context of television using a restricted cast that more than often allows characters to build chemistry, especially if they are unfamiliar with one another. In this context an instance where both sides of the political spectrum would be forced to work together and appreciate rather denouncing each-other is very much needed, at least in my eyes.
>>
>>74529211
It's not solely a race thing but it would be foolish to ignore that as being a factor. I'd agree that focusing on differences is a bad thing, but as long as black people are defined by their blackness they will also have to defend it.

>>74529234
Well I'm not sure what a physicist would be doing in the social sciences. If you're ready to discredit someone in the social sciences writing about a social science, I'm not really sure what to say here.

>obviously you don't accept both of those, so you have to use your critical thinking to discriminate between what's legit and what's bs. that's why we're trying to have this debate you're too afraid to participate in
Well, I'd want to read and understand a concept before I reject it. Something you've clearly not done.

>>74529253
It's not my fault you can't read.
>>
>>74529297
are you white or black?
>>
>>74529297
i think that's also a problem really, "my race" "my pride" "my blackness", "my whiteness" it's weird how such a simple identity can creates such extreme conflict between others. it's almost as if we can't escape our tribal nature as a species. perhaps we as humans are always doomed to that fate.

though personally speaking, i believe the "victim" mentality does us no favours.
>>
>>74529326
lol
>>
>>74529059
I don't think anyone disagrees with that. Honestly I'm not sure what people are arguing about.

It is clear that all members of all races have the potential to be racist, yet depending on the context you choose to look at racism from racism will look different. On an individual level a purple person killing a green person because they are green is racist. If we decide to look at it from a historical perspective and pink people used magenta people as slaves for X number of years and then fucked them over with state laws for X number of years after that we would say that the magenta people suffered from some form of institutional racism.
>>
>>74529297
>If you're ready to discredit someone in the social sciences writing about a social science, I'm not really sure what to say here.
um
>Geologist's publication argues that the earth is flat
you
>If you're ready to discredit someone in geology writing about geology, I'm not really sure what to say here.

I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and say you're not this stupid. you knew the logical flaw as you were typing that shit. you're obviously just grasping for any method of deflection because you're too much of a coward to face how wrong you are.

btw you still haven't made a single fucking argument.
>>
>>74529385
What people are arguing is that institutional racism is not a thing because pink person #3928 didn't personally enslave magneta person #2804. They think institutional racism means that pink person #3928 would be thrown in jail for his nonexistent crimes against magneta #2804.
Thread posts: 413
Thread images: 20

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.