[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Byrds General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: 18532463.jpg (225KB, 1611x1080px) Image search: [Google]
18532463.jpg
225KB, 1611x1080px
What is your favorite Byrds album?

What are your favorite Byrds songs?

Who is/are your favorite members?

Any favorite Byrds books,videos or articles?

Favorite Bootlegs or unreleased material?
>>
One of my favorite 60's bands. Been digging this song a lot lately https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BuLI6B7AU-M
>>
Great band. Mr Tambourine Man, Fifth Dimension, Younger Than Yesterday and The Notorious Byrd Bros are all top albums.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pq_kWvh6G7o one of my favourite songs by them. I love the guitar that comes in towards the chorus
>>
I cringed at the sight of those sunglasses already at the tender age of four. It's substantially worse now twenty years later.
>>
>favorite album
I like them all equally

>Favorite song
Eight Miles High and any Pete Seeger and Bob Dylan cover

>Favorite member
Jim "Roger" McGuinn

>Favorite Byrds books, videos, articles
None

>Favorite bootlegs or unreleased material
Wait a minute. There are bootlegs and unreleased material?

HOLD UP!
Aren't you the same guy that start the Beach Boys and Jimi Hendrix threads earlier?
>>
>>74525287
Was there unreleased stuff posted from the Beach Boys and Hendrix??
>>
>>74525166
What a great fucking song
>>
>>74525716
Yea its one of their best I think. I wish they got more attention in general as they're a great band. Perhaps they tarnished their legacy by continuing into the 70s or going country but for me they're one of the best from the 60s and spawned a lot of great careers (Gene Clarke and David Crosby)
>>
>>74525841
Yeah, their solo stuff is great to. Gene Clark is one of my favourite artists. Thoughts on Sweetheart of the Rodeo? My favourite of theirs (narrowly), and Nothing Was Delivered is their best cover in my opinion
>>
12 string rickenbacker
>>
>>74525841
I dont think going country tarnished their legacy considering it's their best and most popular album.
>>
>>74525887
Sweethearts of the Radio onwards has never really clicked with me, any tracks from there that you'd recommend? I always liked their cover of Hey Joe which is overshadowed by Hendrix's that was released like a week later.
>>
>>74525909
That album has never really clicked for me compared to their earlier works. It was also their worst charting album when they released it and everything afterwards sold even worse, and their cover of Mr Tambourine Man is probably their most famous song rather than something on Sweetheart of the Rodeo
>>
>>74525966
I really like both Dylan covers, You don't Miss Your Water and Hickory Wind. It might not be for you man, it's basically Gram Parsons ft. The Byrds, just so happens that I like Gram Parsons
>>
>>74526032
Its interesting because I don't mind The Flying Burrito Brother's debut album, which is very similar. I should probably listen to some solo Gram Parsons as well
>>
>>74526009
Have you heard Flying Burrito Bros or Gram Parsons solo? I don't consider Sweetheart the best but it's probably the most unique after several psych pop-folk albums they did something different and new that hadn't been done. It was incredibly influential on alt-country/country-rock.
>>
>>74526078
I've listened to and enjoyed Flying Burrito Bros first album but haven't checked out Gram Parsons solo stuff yet. Any tracks that you'd recommend? I appreciate that Sweethearts of the Rodeo was a bold step for the band to take and influenced a lot of music that was to come especially the California sound in the early 70s (some good some bad)
>>
Favorite songs are

My Black Pages
Mind Gardens
Wasn't Born to Follow
Old John Robinson
The Christian Life
>>
>>74526170
Wasn't Born To Follow is a jam, wish I could convince my band to cover it.
>>
File: byrds.jpg (92KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
byrds.jpg
92KB, 640x640px
This album is really cool, one of the first albums I got on vinyl at a flea market along with Tambourine Man. It's an untitled live album with a really cool 20 minute version of 8 Miles High.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.