[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which of these has the best song list?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: rock band game.jpg (38KB, 256x320px) Image search: [Google]
rock band game.jpg
38KB, 256x320px
Which of these has the best song list?
>>
GH2 was good
>>
>>74521526
Didn't the first one have Creep and a NIN song? Obviously that's the /mu/ approved pick
>>
GH2 setlist was pretty good but GH5 had the patrician stuff

RB2 has the best setlist in the series
>>
>>74521559
And it had pixies.
>>
>>74521526
RB2 is the gold standard.
>>
File: 4L_WPhAhPov.jpg (28KB, 232x400px) Image search: [Google]
4L_WPhAhPov.jpg
28KB, 232x400px
unironically got me into music
>>
The early games' setlists were awesome but the covers were just... wtf. It's pretty understandable considering it's the only time rhythm games broke into the mainstream in the west. The DLC for RB2/3 was the high point for having a high budget for master and great songs.
>>
>>74522187
For clarification, the early GH games had a bunch of "as made famous by" covers whenever they couldn't easily get access to stems.

The entire RB series including DLC only had a handful of those types of covers.
>>
>>74522071
RB2 was actually patrician, honestly. RB3 had moments of being patrician, but it suffered from an issue of having difficulty picking songs because most famous ones were taken.
>>
Too bad about RB3 setlist. And the new DLC. Everything sucks except for Lightning Bolt
>>
Rock Band made me take up percussion, 2 is the best
>>
RB3 > RB2 > RB1 > RB4 for setlists
>>
>>74522071
agreed desu senpai
>>
>>74521526

imo
RB2 > RB3 > RB1 > RB4

RB1 has some great, classic songs and is pretty consistently good, but it's let down by its shorter length, plus a bunch of songs feel like they're kinda just "there" and not really great nor bad. also, there's a few covers that bring it down, since the originals would've been highlights (Paranoid, Run to the Hills, Tom Sawyer)

RB2 and RB3 have about the same number of songs, and both have a lot of great tracks and a fair few (but not too many) weaker ones. i'd just say rb2's highs are a little higher and more numerous

RB4 has some good songs, but nothing that's really outstanding. plus, there's a quite large ratio of weaker songs due to its smaller size, and those low points are less tolerable than they were in previous games

imo the best and worst tracks in each game:

RB1
Highlights
>Black Hole Sun
>Cherub Rock
>Creep
>Dead on Arrival
>(Don't Fear) The Reaper
>Epic
>Foreplay/Long Time
>Gimme Shelter
>Go with the Flow
>Highway Star
>Maps
>Orange Crush
>Outside
>Reptilia
>Sabotage
>Say It Ain't So
>Suffragette City
>The Hand That Feeds
>Wave of Mutilation
>Welcome Home
>Won't Get Fooled Again
Lowlights
>Are You Gonna Be My Girl
>Main Offender
>Next to You
>all the covers

RB2
Highlights
>A Jagged Gorgeous Winter
>Ace of Spades
>Alive
>American Woman
>Aqualung
>Battery
>Bodhisattva
>Chop Suey
>Colony of Birchmen
>De-Luxe
>Drain You
>E-Pro
>Everlong
>Feel the Pain
>Float On
>Give It All
>Lazy Eye
>Man in the Box
>Mountain Song
>Painkiller
>PDA
>Peace Sells
>Pinball Wizard
>Psycho Killer
>Spoonman
>Tangled Up in Blue
>Teen Age Riot
>The Middle
>The Trees
>Today
Lowlights
>Almost Easy
>Down with the Sickness
>Eye of the Tiger
>Livin' on a Prayer
>New Kid in School
>Round and Round
>Shackler's Revenge
>Welcome to the Neighborhood

(1/2)
>>
>>74522777
RB3
Highlights
>25 or 6 to 4
>Antibodies
>Been Caught Stealing
>Break on Through (To the Other Side)
>The Con
>Crosstown Traffic
>Everybody Wants to Rule the World
>Free Bird
>Good Vibrations (Live)
>Heart of Glass
>Hey Man, Nice Shot
>I Can See for Miles
>In the Meantime
>Jerry Was a Race Car Driver
>Just Like Heaven
>The Killing Moon
>Midlife Crisis
>Misery Business
>No One Knows
>One Armed Scissor
>Plush
>Roundabout
>Smoke on the Water
>Something Bigger, Something Brighter
>Space Oddity
>Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before
>Whip It
>Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots Pt. 1
Lowlights
>Before I Forget
>Bohemian Rhapsody
>Get Free
>Here I Go Again
>Humanoid
>Living in America
>Rehab
>Sister Christian

RB4
Highlights
>Arabella
>Birth in Reverse
>Brown Eye Girl
>Dream Genie
>Friday I'm in Love
>I Will Follow
>Metropolis Pt. 1
>Milwaukee
>My God Is the Sun
>The One I Love
>Panama
>A Passage to Bangkok
>The Seeker
>Spiders
>Superunknown
>What's Up
Lowlights
>Centuries
>Free Falling
>Hail to the King
>I Bet My Life
>Light Up the Night
>Pistol Whipped
>Prayer
>Start a Band
>That Smell
>Uptown Funk
>V-Bomb
>The Wolf
>>
>>74522187
desu the covers of Ballroom Blitz and Green Grass and High Tides are so good that the original versions sound weird to me
>>
>>74521561
What makes GH5's setlist so patrician? Obviously 21CSM and Sowing Season, and I guess Wolf Like Me, Incinerate and Brianstorm. Not a whole lot screams patrician to me. Don't get me wrong, it's got a lot of good songs but there's also a lot of trash like Send a Little Love Token
>>
>>74522777
>>74522786
>Those lowlights
The only actual bad songs there are the Tom Sawyer and Run to the Hills covers, Shackler's Revenge, Welcome to the Neighborhood, Humanoid, Free Falling, and V-Bomb. The rest are either solid but overplayed as hell (eye of the tiger, livin on a prayer, bohemian rhapsody, uptown funk, etc.), good if edgy metal (a7x, disturbed, slipknot), or really good songs like Next to You, half of the RB1 covers, Rehab, Light Up the Night, and That Smell.

Also idk if it's just me but I can't fucking stand Alive. Only good part is when it climaxes at the guitar solo. Also not a fan of Maps, Drain You or the Cure.

2 > 1 = 3 > 4
Only bad thing about RB2's setlist is that it has the worst of the worst in the series but it also has the best of the best so it makes up for it.
>>
I remember on RB2 when I first heard Visions by Abnormality I was scared to death.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.