[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

dream theater

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

what does /mu/ think of this band
https://youtu.be/HdBeeph0aFM
i know they wear their influences on their sleeves quite often and are seen as a memey "musicians band" but i find myself binging their discography every once in a while
>>
>>74514303
I like them when they have cheesy choruses

I hate them when they start masturbating on their instruments
>>
I like Images and Words and Metropolis pt 2 , don't care that much for the rest
>>
>>74514333
i honestly don't know specifically what it even is i like about them, labries voice has been shit forever and the lyrics can be embarrassing but i get hooked
>>74514388
you don't like awake?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VD7OdyY1js4
>>
>>74514303
Awake and Six Degrees of Inner Turbulance are their best.

On a side note, I find it strange how Metroipolis pt 2 is seen as their best, yet is the easily has the most musical masturbation out of all their albums, something Dream Theater are often slated for.
>>
Their first 3 are brilliant, and are the only albums I can think of that emulates a bit of the prog mastery as seen on Queenryche's Operation: Mindcrime.

The rest of their discography is offensively bad.
>>
all the rock guys at my old music school though they were so cool.

>did you know they have over 100 time signature changes in "The Dance Of Eternity" that's like the most complex thing ever.
>>
Used to love them, find them a bit cringeworthy now. Their latest album is totally embarrassing, it's like a parody of way-over-the-top prog.
>>
>>74514303
Awake is actually my favorite album
>>
>>74514333
I'm the complete opposite. Their vocal stuff sucks, but their instrumentals are great.
>>
>>74514303
They went downhill after Kevin Moore left. On the other hand, they created two of the best Metal albums of all time in Images and Words and Awake.
>>
>>74514303
I like Images n Words
Awake
Change of Seasons
Metropolis Pt 2

That is probably where it ends.. I might not mind Six degrees but anyway ye t anything after that is rubbish
>>
>>74515357
>most musical masturbation
>not Train of Thought

But I see where you're coming from.
>>
>>74518521
Train of Thought was one of their more straightforward albums though.
>>
Best metal band of all time.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.