[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Shady local music industry practices?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

Hey /mu/, I've never really been part of the local music scene in my city but last night I went to a show that was actually really fucking great with a few local acts, but there was something shady that was also happening.

See, the venue was being hosted by a magazine centered around the local scene, and I have a friend who's in one of the bands that performed and she told me that the magazine "books shows for everyone". That got me a bit worried and after I did my research I realized she wasn't kidding. These guys have a near monopoly on bookings in my city, and if you want to be part of the scene you need to go through them.

Does every major city have this? What are some shady things that happen in your local scene?
>>
>>74514237
>Does every major city have this?
yeah. get used to it
every band you hear about that somehow gets reviewed by p4k and the rest. sucked some zine or publishers dick to get noticed. its how the world works
underground/indie doesn't exist
>>
>>74514237
>monopoly on bookings
I've never heard of that, clubs have their own bookers. Sometimes they'll move to a different club but I don't know about any monopolies.
>>
>>74514265
Holy hell, that's depressing.
>>74514305
I don't know how it works. Obviously not every venue gets booked through these guys, but all the ones that are considered important, and even just random medium to small ones here and there? Yeah, you can bet these guys say who gets to perform there.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.