[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's your go-to cry album?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 8

File: cover.jpg (177KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
177KB, 700x700px
What's your go-to cry album?
>>
>>74508236
>crying to music

I have never done this, almost did to A Crow Looked At Me though

am I missing something
>>
>>74508252
I did to Pinkerton last time I listened to it a while back. It's only because I listened to it a lot in my teenage years probably and Butterfly is the perfect ending to that album.
I also cried when I heard "Falling Ashes" on Slowdive's new record.
Other than that I can't recall any other notable instances.
>>
>>74508236
Mineral EndSerenading
>>
>>74508236
Pinkerton and Clarity
>>
File: Wincing the Night Away.png (543KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Wincing the Night Away.png
543KB, 500x500px
>>74508236
>>
>>74508236
only one song OP
slint - Washer
>>
File: a0249360790_10.jpg (219KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
a0249360790_10.jpg
219KB, 1200x1200px
>>74508236
i'm a big ol' crybaby so i can cry to most mildly sad albums

pic related is the last album i really full on cried to though
>>
>>74508236
This, and Carrie and Lowell
>>
>>74508236
>tumblr whoretism slag
>>
>>74508559
clear underage
>>
>>74508236
I don't listen to albums I just listen to Linken Park
>>
File: DFIiSAsUQAEzxwV.jpg large.jpg (92KB, 750x903px) Image search: [Google]
DFIiSAsUQAEzxwV.jpg large.jpg
92KB, 750x903px
Don't have one, but if I did, it'd be The Wolf.
>>
The ending of fishmans - Long Season where only the piano plays, is probably the only music that has made me cry
>>
File: koi-au.jpg (200KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
koi-au.jpg
200KB, 1000x1000px
usually i don't cry during an album, i just get really moody for a day and don't want to talk to anyone. that being said, sometimes i'll just say "fuck it" and put on something that is super emotionally draining, i guess to release all the pent up emotion.

right now it's pic related, which is very quickly becoming one of my favorite folk albums of all time. it's native hawaiian slack-key, which is going to put people off right away strictly because the sound isn't easy to relate to: the album kicks off with a few minutes of east asian folk, complete with shamisen and the works. but i HIGHLY encourage you to give it a shot all the way through. it isn't tremendously long. there are certain tracks near the middle and end of the record which are really emotionally charged, and not in a corny, pseudo-romantic "look how expressive my guitar playing is, aaaahh it's so complicated imma fucking cum" sort of way. believe it or not, certain bits call back to some of nick drake's most solemn moments, which is saying something considering this guy was born and raised around hawaiian music. by the time the record's over, it feels very holistic and important.

so get a fucking coffee or something, walk around in a trail, sit at home, i don't care, but give it some attention. and if you really don't have the commitment right now, try these two songs: Reunion and Kai Wailele O Nu'uana.
>>
File: MI0001609467.jpg (47KB, 500x499px) Image search: [Google]
MI0001609467.jpg
47KB, 500x499px
>>
File: Frank_Ocean_Blonde_2.jpg (20KB, 316x315px) Image search: [Google]
Frank_Ocean_Blonde_2.jpg
20KB, 316x315px
only1
>>
>>74508236
Pic related, Pinkerton, and I'm Wide Awake, It's Morning by Bright Eyes
>>
File: Black Marble - It's Immaterial.jpg (78KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Black Marble - It's Immaterial.jpg
78KB, 600x600px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPnWLUEWBQc
This album isn't necessarily sad, but it just reminds how I will never be able to connect to someone else on a deeper level. And people will always see me as this mess that cannot communicate with others.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.