[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you think the ideal length of a track in a videogame

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

What do you think the ideal length of a track in a videogame soundtrack is? A minute with loop? 2-3 minutes with loop? What do you think
>>
it very much depends on the game and the situation

with undertale, he created a few motifs and developed them into many different length songs & used the motifs in many different ways

like using heartache & determination in asgore's theme

the length doesn't really matter, but it was important that is was easy to follow, made sense with the motifs, and matched the mood correctly
>>
I think my favorite division of an OST for longer running mediums like television or video games is to put the highlights on a main release and the full collection on a 2nd release, so I can skip the fluff and rate the best of the OST with strangers.

Cowboy Bebop did this to great effect.
>>
>>74508143
ok, I was wondering because I've been writing "game music" without a game to write it to, and while the overall forms have been pretty short I'm pretty happy with the motifs

though yeah, I think what made Undertale's soundtrack so good is that the motifs were legitimately catchy and memorable
>>
Depends on the game. With JRPG style game you just want like 3-5 minutes credits song, a decent length opening song, and then the battle songs and overworld/town songs and dungeon songs can all be like 1 minute or less looped.

undertale, dragon quest, earthbound, paper mario, pokemon all got right. I feel like it's a genre that needs good music. I can't think of any highly regarded game in that style that doesn't have a great soundtrack. whereas other types of games can have mediocre music and still be really fun
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.