[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When you think about it poptamism is the embrace of consumer

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: no such thing sanic.jpg (116KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
no such thing sanic.jpg
116KB, 960x960px
When you think about it poptamism is the embrace of consumer capitalism masked as some sort of progressive ideology that promotes social liberalism in the entertainment industry. No wonder music has been so stagnate the past decade.

that sums up the last decade perfectly, out of touch cosmopolitan liberal elitist creating this backwards ideology that is on the surface socially progressive, but is actually just capitalism.
Buying a beyonce album will not equalize women but it will sure make her record company rich.

Is it any wonder hipsters went so far up their asss that they thought that by embracing top 40 mediocrity they were somehow being rebellious and not just being absorbed into the normie borg.
>>
>>74504172
Great post /pol/tard. Now off you go. Run along now. Enjoy your summer vacation. It's almost over.
>>
>>74504172
Bring this to /leftypol/ comrade. /mu/ is mostly (((liberal))). Plus they fell for the kpop meme aka corporate pop for people too contrarian for western corporate pop
>>
>>74504204
He's right, you faggot. You just have shit taste.
>>
>>74504172
idk but I love that image
>>
File: 1496745985662.gif (5KB, 250x246px) Image search: [Google]
1496745985662.gif
5KB, 250x246px
>>74504218
I didn't disagree but like a previous anon posted. Most people are left here and this thread will ultimately lead nowhere and it will hardly be about music. Just a waste of time imo. But do as you wish.
>>
File: marx.png (19KB, 583x293px) Image search: [Google]
marx.png
19KB, 583x293px
>>74504204
You know its possible to criticize liberalism from the left.
>>
>>74504249
I made this thread so i can inform people that poptamism is cancer and is actually just capitalism.

I bet poptamists are the same people that buy #staywoke t shirts that are made in chinese sweat shops.

Mostly i just fucking hate poptamism and think its creation was divisive and detrimental to music as a whole
>>
>>74504320
correct opinion
people here see anything that vaguely resembles politics and get incredibly trig'd out
I blame that on the constant "right-wing music" threads
>>
>>74504338
Rap and pop fans brought this cancer, because rap and pop music are both so aggressively political.
>>
>>74504172
pop =/= top 40
>>
>>74504367
Poptamism is pure neoliberlism, its peak neoliberlism, it hates lower class white men that made rock music but it hates the lower class in general (notice how rap became gentrified and no longer is made by lower class blacks) and it loves promoting corporate top 40 products. Its even championed by yuppie music journalists that live in Brooklyn and write for p4k. Its creation created a divide in music that made it so you could only like one type of music and the type of music was some sort of social signal that you werent like one of them middle american hicks that likes the foo fighters. You are an open minded cosmopolitan liberal who enjoys the over produced multicultural garbage jews put on the radio
>>
File: 1501256411749.jpg (2MB, 1920x1685px) Image search: [Google]
1501256411749.jpg
2MB, 1920x1685px
>implying you aren't part of that consumerism
>>
>>74504388
FUCKING THIS
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.