[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lets discuss

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 7

File: beyonce.jpg (57KB, 463x494px) Image search: [Google]
beyonce.jpg
57KB, 463x494px
Are the Lewronggeneration crowd really mistaken about the state of music today and are just butthurt music snobs or are those who criticize Lewronggeneration and claim modern music has never been better in denial about the state of the music industry?
>>
File: DVDGrab.png (453KB, 1026x767px) Image search: [Google]
DVDGrab.png
453KB, 1026x767px
>>74501599
>>
File: fats domino vs xxxtentacion.png (412KB, 1174x1003px) Image search: [Google]
fats domino vs xxxtentacion.png
412KB, 1174x1003px
>>
File: 1492570038233.jpg (10KB, 181x241px) Image search: [Google]
1492570038233.jpg
10KB, 181x241px
>>74501599
The music industry puts more emphasis on the lowest common denominator now, since more children than ever have disposable income to buy music, and children have trash samey taste

the music industry is relatively new and it has just recently been finding its foothole in industrializing the music charts and appealing to the widest range of people, making shit seem bland as fuck

on the other hand, if you claim that music as a whole is worse now than it once was, you don't listen to enough music
>>
File: greg lake.jpg (16KB, 236x295px) Image search: [Google]
greg lake.jpg
16KB, 236x295px
>>74501649
>on the other hand, if you claim that music as a whole is worse now than it once was, you don't listen to enough music

Yes, it is. It doesn't mean there's no good music today, but you can't say that what we have today is just as good as the 70s or late 60s.
>>
People who unironically claim modern pop music has never been better are probably just in denial or have really shitty or narrow tastes and have never stepped out of their musical echochamber. Think about it, the best our generation has to offer is Kendrick Lamar, Kanye and maybe Grimes. Compare that to the 90s which had Nirvana, REM, Tupac, NWO, Whitney Houston, Madonna, etc) and the 80s (prince, MJ, Metallica, Guns and Roses, AC/DC, Tears for fears, WHAM). The lyrics and compositions are getting more simpler. Music Industry is dying as a result of all the rampant pirating. And unless you sell yourself out, there not much money to be made for artists who want to retain done artistic integrity. So now all the smart artistically gifted people are going theatre school or becoming lawyers instead of starting bands.
>>
File: binoculars.jpg (195KB, 919x960px) Image search: [Google]
binoculars.jpg
195KB, 919x960px
>>74501679
I would argue that music has the potential to be (and probably is) better than before with newer genres as influences for artists, and any artist can publish their stuff on the internet for everybody to see

sure, these bring down the AVERAGE quality of today's music, and sure, there aren't any experimental masterpieces heralded by the general public anymore, but that's because the industry pushes those ambitious projects down, and you have to decide for *yourself* what is a masterpiece or not

tl;dr I totally get where you're coming from, but in my opinion there is more readily accessible good music today than there was 40 years ago, due to new influences and the internet
>>
>>74501649
Most kids these days pirate their music. There's a reason most of the top selling albums arent from meme hip Hop artists. There's actually more incentive for the music industry to cater to the much larger, significantly more wealthier and technologically illiterate boomer crowd.
>>
>>74501773
>and maybe Grimes
Discarded
>>
>>74501773
>Wham
You'd best be trolling
>>
>>74501773
>Kendrick Lamar, Kanye and maybe Grimes
dkm
>>
>>74503270
Fukn Pleb
>>
>>74501599
I can't believe that there are actually people who are >lewronggeneration. What does it even mean? They only listen to dadrock and pretend that music today is shit while knowing only things that are playing in the radio? If I listen to a couple of dadrock bands but they're not even 5% of the music I listen to does it mean I'm >lewronggeneration?
>>
>>74501599
I honestly feel that like two or three years ago the music on the radio was truly abismal and painful to listen to, instead of just bland, so the wrong generationists had motives for concern. Nowdays
I'd say it's back to normal.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.