[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Punk thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 140226-pup-album-cover.jpg (252KB, 620x620px) Image search: [Google]
140226-pup-album-cover.jpg
252KB, 620x620px
Slam them shits down boys
>>
>>74489292
I take it this is actually a pop punk thread.

The Ergs! - dorkrockcorkrod
>>
On a bit of a Lillingtons trip after deciding to search for them on Spotify and realising they released a new EP a couple of months ago. A bunch of new live gig videos on YouTube too.
>>
>>74489292
It's upsetting that punk threads never go anywhere
>>
PUP is mediocre tbqh. They're fine but I don't get why they get labeled as hardcore when they clearly aren't.
Punk is dead nowadays. It's become a walking contradiction. It existed in a place and a time, but it can't exist anymore. The genre never evolved past the 80's and maybe early 90's, but at that point it became different genres. You can hear punk influence in so much nowadays. Because of this, punk fans are very selective as to what is and isn't punk, which defeats the point of the genre.
>>
Their self-titled album was way better, though.
>>
>>74490290
Punk isn't dead, it's just underground and hardcore so most are not attracted to it,
Bands like shitfucker, nuke, midnight, aspects of war from America are currently ripping
>>
>>74491548
not talking about that style of music, it's the idea of punk that's dead. Punks reject anything that they think doesn't qualify as punk, so in order to be a punk band the bands have to conform to the standards set by the community, which defeats the purpose of what the style is all about. Bands that would have been called punk 30-40 years ago are now called something else, be it alternative or otherwise. Hell half of rock music nowadays would have been called punk 40 years ago. The genre has now been narrowed down to a strict number of attributes. Otherwise you aren't punk, you're x y or z. Notice how every time there's a thread about a punk band there's always at least one person saying they aren't punk? It's a genre created for non-conformity, but now you have to conform in order to be part of the scene.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=seTjrpVGgH0 thoughts?
>>
>>74492056
Yeah dude I could bump that
>>
Is this an "Albums with one good song and the rest is shit" thread? Because the only good song on this album is Reservoir. Everything else is awful.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.