[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/mu/ made an album

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 2

File: cover.jpg (383KB, 1400x1400px) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
383KB, 1400x1400px
from yesterday

https://suicideisanoptionrecordsc2016.bandcamp.com/album/the-spicy-memes-must-flow
>>
I'll write the track-by-track soon, but I like the structure of the album, ti's very LP like, with opening and closing tracks of each side really obvious:

Side A:
>1. take the gripspill (the long epic track of the album)
>2. the swans
>3. no thank you...
>4. the spicy memes must flow
22:44

Side B:
>5. beethoven was black
>6. the dank melange
>7. jew christ
>8. after you've scrubbed
>9. yesyesno
>10. sweden yes! part 2
>11. lusty negroes
>12. i am what i eat and i am a whore
19:38
>>
No one cares
>>
>>74488337
I do.
>>
>>74488097
What the fuck is this?
Why did you have to use Dune for the album cover and name? You fuckin autists ruin everything.
>>
>>74488337
very rude

>1. take the gripspill
a long droning, noisy mess of a track, very heavy and industrial sounding, like if someone was trapped in machinery or a derelict factory that somehow came to life. And then gradually other, lighter, more hopeful sounds come into image, like a roof coming off of said factory and letting sunshine through, very slowly. Actually quite enjoyable, while some parts sound like straight copy-paste job, it quite often works pretty well in carrying the atmosphere. I was very much expecting to skip it, but it's clear quite a lot of thought went into it and it somehow works. I'd delete everything after 9 minutes or so, though, don't really like those digitally slowed down musics, and honestly i skipped most of that section
6/10

>2. the swans
foreboding atmosphere, interesting ambient back ground with some interesting backwards effects. Can't understand what is being said though. Sounds fucking satanic, not sure if i want this in my christian household.
7/10

>3. no thank you...
a collage track that's a staple of /mu/ collabs, this time with an extra-tone spice added in. I don't really like extra-tone, it really irritates me, but overall some interesting extrapositions of structures have arose here. Interesting, not my cup of tea though.
4/10

>4. the spicy memes must flow
it's rare that there are like 100% legit songs on these, but hey, here's one. Quite catchy, enjoyable textures of guitars and harmony vox in places.I guess the vocal performance could be better, but eh. shoutout to my nigfigs at [esfores]. I really enjoy the instrumental half of the track, nice guitar tone. Yeah, this is probably one of the best tracks I've heard on /mu/ collabs
10/10
>>
Yey we finish something
>>
The folk (the cat look at me) album is still the best one, but this is good
>>
>5. beethoven was black
darker (eh) atmosphere again, this time using plucked guitar. I like some of that later improvised stuff on the guitar, no matter how simple and or sometimes disharmonic it may be. Also, nice use of the sample. Yea, moody but quite nice. Interesting change of pace at the end.
8/10

>6. the dank melange
another collage track, this time it has a bit of the structure I guess. I like the fact that it sounds a bit as if it was made live, not pre sequenced. But overall too chaotic.
4/10

>7. jew christ
another guitar based instrumental, this time a bit more exotic/bluesy. I like this, sounds like a chill afternoon with two guitars, friends and lots of pot. I guess it could be a little bit more rehearsed/synced, but cool.
9/10

>8. after you've scrubbed
one legit song was good, but two? damn. I like the guitar textures and the bassline. Like with 4 I guess the vocals could be worked on a little bit more, but this is another high effort track. And lo-fi aesthetic fits it really quite nice, I especially like that electronic drum beat.
10/10

>9. yesyesno
Anotehr really solid acoustic track, really, thsi album harks heavily back towards the best /mu/ collab (With Folk, From Me, To /mu/), and I love it. I especially like the ending, this could be a legit miniature on a 70's folk rock album, and I mean it as praise.
10/10

>10. sweden yes! part 2
track 2 2: electric boogaloo, t b h
3/10

>11. lusty negroes
captain beefheart and his magic band enter the ghetto, here's the recording of their wacky adventures. really grows on me with every passed minute; out there, but perfectly listenable, tis alright!
7/10

>12. i am what i eat and i am a whore
rocking electric instrumental in two parts, the first one reminds me a bit of the first track, but there re more things going on, and then turns into an industrial joyride. The 2nd part (hidden track?) with those moans is quite disturbing.
9/10

really nice job, anons! I enjoyed it.
>>
Best tracks? I'm halfway through and 4 is a standout
>>
>>74488934
track 4 and the 7/8/9 combo

rivals stuff on the best /mu/ collabs
>>
>>74488933
I was the guy that did 8, thanks for the feedback. I'm trying to improve my vox, still sounds a little bad, but I'm learning, hoping to put out similar stuff in my bandcamp in the next month
>>
>>74489041
Damn 9s ending

Legit could have been some early 2000s lofi
>>
>>74488557
>>74488934
>>74489041
Thx bbys :)
>>
>tfw you realize the second half of take the gripspill is a slowed down mashup of that leafy song with deaf grapes
>>
Only true patricians realize 11 and 12 are the best.
>>
>>74488097
>meme titles
Why do you faggots even do this when the end result is literally a joke
>>
>>74489727
for fun
>>
>>74489727
because it's a meme album
>>
>>74489751
This, /mu/albums is the best thing about /mu/, a great production exercise
>>
>>74488337
Just because you miss it there's no reason to be butthurt about it
>>
>>74488933
https://suicideisanoptionrecordsc2016.bandcamp.com/album/holy-fuck

Can you listen to track 4 and tell in a same way what you thought?
>>
>>74489976
btw, I made the dank melange and it was pretty live. i've toyed with the concept before and I didn't have a lot of time to do a track so I just did it there and then, thanks for the analysis
>>
>>74489976
I've made a track years ago for the black metal /mu/ album called "Verg did 9/11" with a similar concept, but this is much, much better. I really like the pads in the background that keep growing in texture and urgency, really dark, and also quite serious for a meme album. I also like the shimmering synth playing... melody, I guess? And the transitions between news samples. Ending is a really nice touch, like a post scriptum, but finishes the strong really strongly.
I'd rate this 8/10
>>
>>74490035
Aww, thanks anon, you're a real treat. I'm also quite proud of this song, I'm glad somebody else likes it too c:
>>
>>74490077
no problem bby, that's what /mu/ collabs are for
>>
Where can we submit a song? I have a fully fledged rap song about a weeaboo in japan all done
>>
>>74491224
you have to wait until the next collab :(
>>
>>74491224
someone email me at [email protected]
when collab starts
>>
bumpino
>>
>>74491310
why don't you find out by yourself instead, Kai? :^)
>>
>>74488557
>>74488933
I did 3, 5 and 12.

Thanks for the feedback. Very fair ratings.

I probably would have reworked all of them to be much less improvised and more structured if I had the time.

Fun fact: I sampled the Heathcliff theme song for the drum loop on that industrial tinged track.

>>74491224
It's usually encouraged to create a new song instead of using ones you've already made. I suppose reusing assets is fine it's just that if you days working on a track why not just release it yourself instead?

>>74489727
It's all about experimentation and meming. Usually about 40-60% of the album is listenable and the rest is badcore.
>>
Great job lads, legit 7,5/10
>>
Who is up for a collective listen of the album?
>>
>>74493875
I'm up for it :^)
>>
File: 1444181866973.png (151KB, 251x247px) Image search: [Google]
1444181866973.png
151KB, 251x247px
>>74493875
sure
>>
>>74493886
Okay, I have no idea how to do it
>>
>>74493875
yeah man but where
>>
>>74493903
>>74493905
>>74493920
w8 a few minutes I'll upload it to soundcloud and then we'll make a dubtrack.fm room
>>
>>74494074
I'm pretty sure you can play bandcamp links over dubtrack.
>>
>>74494093
Oh, no. I was wrong.
>>
>>74494093
I can only see YT and soundcloud options
>>
>>74493875
>>74493903
>>74493905
>>74493920
https://www.dubtrack.fm/join/mus-dank-melange

in a ew minutes

until then come on and chill :)
>>
I did not expect this to be this good
>>
>>74494526
Come to the collective listen my friend
>>
good shit
keep if up
>>
take the gripspill

life is meaningless just do crazy shit
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.