[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This Fucking Song

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 8

File: jkinhj.jpg (27KB, 275x275px) Image search: [Google]
jkinhj.jpg
27KB, 275x275px
This Fucking Song
>>
B I T C H Y O U T H I R S T Y
>>
>Where the ladies at
>Where the hoes where the bitches
>Every real nigga knows the difference

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>74485984
Not even the best song on that album senpai. Every real patrician knows the best track is Lift Me Up

>>74486068
He's trying to say that not all women are bitches or hoes. Kendrick said a similar line
>I call a bitch a bitch, a ho a ho, a woman a woman
>>
>>74485984
If you're just getting into Vince Staples, check out Stolen Youth EP, all of Summertime's 06 and Prima Donna before Big Fish Theory.

He has ton of quotables but may be hard to get into for heavily gangster crip songs on his early albums/mixtapes

Some favorites

Stolen Youth - 2013

Guns & Roses - she just want to know where the party at
Met somebody that night, fucked him, he never called her back
Now her oldest bastard son sitting in that casket young

Outro - So I never trust a soul, when they ask I'm never speaking
My Baretta Scott King strong and black and she could be

& Watch me burn the book of life and write the pages in my favor
On some King James shit
Call me Mr. on some Rosewood Ving Rhames shit

Hell Can Wait - 2014

65 Hunnid - One nigga gon' die, the other two can come along
Gloves with the disguise, bang the set before you blow
Don't stop 'til he drop
Don't shoot for the skies or shoot for his toes
I told you before
That niggas gotta die for this shit to survive

Blue Suede - Finna party like it's prom tonight
Finna kill a nigga walkin' to his mom’s tonight

Hands Up - CCAT trackin' criminal patterns
Trickin' niggas into takin' strikes to get out faster
Freedom bribery nigga, cause we hardly acquit (the California 3 strikes law)

Summertime 06'

Señorita - Fuck ya dead homies, run ya bread homie
Got some lead for me, I'm on Artesia
Parked in my Beamer bumping my own shit

3230 (named after a vacant house where he and his homies would chill at, 3230 Poppy St.) - A soldier since the stroller, ask my mama if you doubt that
Homie where ya clout at? You ain't ever push nobody's scalp back

Surf - More black kids killed from a pill than the FEDs in the projects
In the planned parenthood playin' God with ya mom's check, you ain't even been to prom yet

Like It Is - father hit the crack then hit the set to flip a sack
I done seen my homies die then went on rides to kill 'em back
So how you say you feel me when you never had to get through that?
>>
File: Vince-Staples-Big-Fish-Theory.jpg (49KB, 313x313px) Image search: [Google]
Vince-Staples-Big-Fish-Theory.jpg
49KB, 313x313px
Remember when Vince Staples was a rapper :(
>>
>>74486161
Hell Can Wait is mad underrated.
>65 Hunnid
>Screen Door
>Hands Up
>Blue Suede
>Limos
All 10/10 tracks

>He has ton of quotables but may be hard to get into for heavily gangster crip songs on his early albums/mixtapes
If you've watched his interviews you'd know that Vince thinks that lifestyle is really dumb (which is why he stopped rapping about it). In a way, you can look at his gangster rap stuff as kind of a parody, even though he's definitely seen some shit
>>
>>74486161
i will be Checking out all that stuff, never had heard of him until a friend yesterday showed me Norf Norf
>>
>>74486161
Prima Donna EP

War Ready - Learned the power of words when we was younger, saying fuck the sign on his curb can make him hunt ya

Heaven doors or hell below, Edgar Allen Poe, tried to warn them of demise but all we've seen was crows

Smile - I know they think I'm ignorant I'm fucking up my privilege
I know that money come & go so money not my motive no mo'
I made enough to know I'll never make enough for my soul

Prima Donna - Kick cack ce cool, watch a nigga get it
I be all around the city with the semi naughty crippin'
All the homies say I'm different, police say I raise suspicion
Buy a million dollar home and blow my dome to paint the kitchen
Bitches like, "Is that Venetian?"

Pimp Hand - Snakes gone bite on sight
Niggas battle with the judge like the gavel got a grudge
& attention getters hit detention centers

Big Time - radio never gon play me, quit if my label don't pay me
I'll run up in there with my gun in the air screaming 'give me the shit you owe Jay Z'

Just know Prima Donna EP is full of suicidal themes, some people might not exactly enjoy that kind of music

Crabs in the Bucket - Nails in a black man's hands and feet
Put 'em on a cross or you put 'em on a chain
Lines be the same, he don't look like me
&
Put me in the MoMA when it's over with
I used to look up to the sky, now I'm over shit

Big Fish - If you hatin' don't shake my hand
Take it easy homie,
Reminiscin' sitting in that Benz
Of the 22 bus stop way back when
With the 22, 5 shot eyes on scan
For the click clack clap
Or the boop bop bam cuz

745 - Eyes can't hide your hate for me
Maybe it was made for the Maybelline
Spend so much tryna park the car
Barely got a tip for the maître d'
You head straight to the oyster bar
I tread light each time I speak
Play too rough might break ya heart
And them glass shoes ain't made to walk

SAMO - My partner and 'em got bodies
They used to put us in G rides, so now I put 'em in college
>>
I love Vince's music videos. They're kino
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5OAYMMod9Wo
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mb6Jc4juSF8
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxw1Zef3EO0
>>
>>74485984
>>74486161
>>74486299

I've been a huge fan of Vince Staples for years and I'm genuinely happy to see him getting so much exposure, from Converse & Sprite endorsements to Jimmy Fallon. Also because he's setting a good template to make it big as a rapper without the average "rapper identity"

Some notable things about his 'character'. He's big on education, thinks gang banging is corny but a mistake he has to live with, doesn't smoke/drink (due to asthma and health issues from his dad freebasing when he was a kid) doesn't blame his parents for his life since he made those choices himself, instead blames the city for not having programs to help kids/performing arts, and is big about how it's not just black vs white. But rich vs poor, and has said many times that there were white people living just as bad as he was in his neighborhood living just as reckless. He's started YMCA programs in Long Beach and is a fan of all genres of music (Summertime 06 cover is inspired by Joy Division), his EDM collaborations are also very popular. (Flume, Little Bit of That, With You. , All Nite, Yeah Right)

This is basically just a quick intro to Vince Staples for anyone whose heard of him but didn't know where to start with his music/career
>>
>>74486373
I love Vince. He comes across as very street so at first glance you may think he's uneducated and an idiot, but if you watch all of his interviews he's actually very well versed on a lot of topics and is pretty intelligent, not to mention the guy is funny as fuck. I know a lot of his fans were upset that Big Fish wasn't 'gangster' but I'm glad Vince stuck to his guns and said that gangbanging was dumb and he didn't want to make music about it anymore.
>>
For the change in sound on Big Fish Theory, the main theme is about the saying "a goldfish grows to the size of its tank/container"

On Big Fish Theory he's branching off from his old gangster rap into new sounds, productions and themes. The one song with a 'g-funk' gangster beat has some electronic influence and is about struggling with love, instead of something like Get Paid or Back Sellin' Crack.

It's about how if he tries to make music beside just gangster rap, his music with "grow", like a fish in a much bigger fish tank. The smaller tank being songs focused mainly on gang banging. Some enjoy it, others don't, that's for you to decide
>>
>>74486117
I'd shave Summertime as the number 1, but Lift Me Up and Hang N Bang are great.

>>74486161
Outro and Big Time are two of his best
>>
File: 1501307256820.jpg (51KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
1501307256820.jpg
51KB, 1024x576px
>>74486515
>A fellow patrician recognizes how good Big Time is
>>
File: liberdade.jpg (25KB, 533x554px) Image search: [Google]
liberdade.jpg
25KB, 533x554px
>>74486573
I never bothered to give Prima Donna a proper listen for ages, but when I did it was some shit.
>>
>>74486685
Has a lot of underrated tracks
>War Ready
>Smile
>Loco
>Pimp Hand
Hell, I'm starting listing off the entire thing. I love it though. It's my favorite EP
>>
File: 1502453361832.jpg (28KB, 250x300px) Image search: [Google]
1502453361832.jpg
28KB, 250x300px
>>74486738
>Being a huge Outkast fan, loving ATLiens especially for the self titled track and "I got a stronger weapon that never runs out of ammunition"
>Also a huge Vince Staples fan
>Hear War Ready for the first time last fall
>>
File: 1490735105314.jpg (30KB, 403x432px) Image search: [Google]
1490735105314.jpg
30KB, 403x432px
>>74486685
>I'LL RUN UP IN THERE WITH MY GUN IN THE AIR SCREAMING GIVE ME THAT SHIT YOU OWN JAY Z
>>
>>74486117
>>74486515
It's either Summertime, Lemme Know or Jump Off the Roof for me
>>
>>74486775
Best part of it is how Andre was rapping to a straight-forward beat and they adapted the sample to a percussion heavy James Blake produced track and it fits perfectly.
>>
>>74488096
>Summertime
Overrated IMO
>Jump Off The Roof
Now that's patrician
>>
>>74488192
Summertime is just a different type of song, and for some reason Vince pulls it off perfectly.

And yeah, Jump Off The Roof is excellent.

What are your favorites off of Big Fish? I'd say Crabs In The Bucket (which is definitely top 3 in his discog for me), 745, Samo and BagBak. Still, it's probably my favorite of his albums/eps.
>>
>>74488351
Homage, BagBak and SAMO are my favorite, but close contenders would be Love Can Be and Yeah Right. BagBak is my favorite though because he has the most energy on this track
>>
File: IMG_20170722_233651.jpg (37KB, 960x572px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170722_233651.jpg
37KB, 960x572px
LOOKIN' AT MY VIDA ALL THIS MONEY ALL THESE VISAS
ALL THESE MOTHERFUCKIN' MINI MES I KNOW THEY WANNA BE HIM
>>
>>74486117
No he's not and becausr you ain't a real one you ain't know the difference between a lady, a hoe, and a bitch and why a player prefer one over the other at a given time

Get some sunlight, whiteboi
>>
File: IMG_20170807_131229.jpg (66KB, 634x427px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170807_131229.jpg
66KB, 634x427px
>>74488550
>>
>>74488439
>contenders would be Love Can Be and Yeah Right
Definitely. They are basically interchangeable cause they are all great.

Except for Crabs, I just lose it with the Garage sound
>>
All Night is his real meme song

Norf Norf's ironic popularity with white people is literally predicted in the previous track
>all these white folks chanting when I ask 'em where my niggas at

People need to fucking listen to what theyre listening to this not some vibe shit
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5n4PitVEgiI

thorough analysis of "Nerf Nerf"
>>
>>74488096
>Lemme Know
desu I was sad that Jhene Aiko wasn't on Big Fish Theory. Oh You Scared was really good.

>>74488351
745 and Love Can Be
>>
>>74490216
>>74488192
>>74488439
You guys made me put S06 again. Jump Off The Roof is such a god-tier track. It def stays as my fav.

I love No I.D. and Dahi.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.